Ottawa Sun "You Be The Boss Survey"

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Which front line/top defense UFA would you sign?

My answer: LOL

Also, that was created with "Polldaddy". Now there's a name.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Before the cynics come in, I find that poll is actually pretty good. Ask a lot of the questions we've been asking here. Some of the questions are a bit misleading or poorly worded, but all in all it's pretty good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smeddy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I found this one limiting because ... a bridge deal usually means rfa years... Also Hoffman was an RFA when signed to his deal so its not comparable, also the $ amount may be a little high for Dzingel... Negotiate a 5 year deal or longer would be a good option to have.
Ck7bNK.jpg

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
How does trading one of these goalies improve our goal tending ... I'd like to trade Craig Anderson for Pekka Rinne or another better goalie but... that's usually not how these things work. We'd have to give up more than either goalie to improve the goal tending.
IQ5fpZ.jpg

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I'd go wait and see with Dzingle. If he keeps up the scoring half way through you offer him a deal (3-4 years) if he wants a lot he'd be a good piece to move during the deadline. As far as the free agents to pursue; I obviously went with Tavares. Keep in mind the question states pursue not acquire; and Tavares would be the best option of the ones listed. In terms of defense (which is what I voted as the most help needed); I selected Enstrom as he would probably be the cheapest and best option for this team. Coaching was the biggest minus in my books; Boucher didn't adapt to the way teams responded to his gameplan. That needs to be fixed or he's a goner.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
UFA: Calvin Da Haan
Former player on the bench: ALFREDSSON

survey was very limiting but answered as best I could...

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Did the survey. Actually enjoyed doing it and answered the questions based on how i'd run the team. Shows our Gm has no idea what to do and some of us could do a better job hahaha

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If Iam EM i sell the team,buy a yaught with a helicopter,on it ...And fill it with beautiful island ladies,and sleep every night on a big pile of money.....

I dont get the sense as to why a man at his age needs more than he already has,go enjoy life ....Let the team go to someone that is younger and more willing to make bold moves... And watch the team from your castle,without any strings or committment

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
If Iam EM i sell the team,buy a yaught with a helicopter,on it ...And fill it with beautiful island ladies,and sleep every night on a big pile of money.....

I dont get the sense as to why a man at his age needs more than he already has,go enjoy life ....Let the team go to someone that is younger and more willing to make bold moves... And watch the team from your castle,without any strings or committment

Never underestimate the ego of the mega rich. Owning a pro sports team is hard to do. There's only 31 NHL teams. It's a feather in the cap amongst the 1%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->