Podcast (Audio) Ottawa Senators podcasts and blogs discussion

5ive4Fighting

Feb 11, 2019
Lonely end of the rink
How are folks feeling about Simmer's upcoming noon hour pod? I'd really like to see him have success, but I'm concerned that his proclivities for the scorching hot takes that lean both negative and contrarian will slowly go toxic when the financial incentives all flow from clicks and engagement. Wallowing in poison soup isn't good for anybody, but I get the sense it would be particularly not good for Shawn.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Jason York was insufferable today with his Defence of the coach. ‘Drive-bys by players isn’t a coaching issue, it’s the players not doing their job’. So what the hell is the solution then? Someone is not holding them accountable or helping fix the mistakes, but Yorkie doesn’t see that as an issue.

Yeah yeah I get he’s an ex-player and knows better than me, just save it. This doesn’t make a lick of sense in terms of accountability

Reactions: Loach

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Jason York was insufferable today with his Defence of the coach. ‘Drive-bys by players isn’t a coaching issue, it’s the players not doing their job’. So what the hell is the solution then? Someone is not holding them accountable or helping fix the mistakes, but Yorkie doesn’t see that as an issue.

Yeah yeah I get he’s an ex-player and knows better than me, just save it. This doesn’t make a lick of sense in terms of accountability
Stutzle was held accountable, by benching him in third for a few shifts.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Stutzle was held accountable, by benching him in third for a few shifts.
Sure but on the podcast the discussion was taking the whole body of work into account…so either it’s a personnel issue or a coaching issue. If the players are not doing their job, whose job is to fix it? And has it been fixed in 4+ years?

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Senschirp is such a joke. I used to enjoy it, not so much anymire.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Looking forward to Simmers new podcast. Honest unbiased opinion and a combination of solid guests may be just what the fan base needs. Regular broadcasts are also a plus for a dedicated fan base.
Good luck moving forward!

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Justin Murray as cohost, ex scout for us, eager to hear his perspective on things.
Tim Murray’s son?

Ooooooh wee maybe we get Tim Murray on as a guest. I’ll be tuning in for that one. Love me some Timmy Murray. Miss the guy.

Watching now. Fn A this should be my kind of show. Not really a fan of the others.

Last edited:

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Thought it was interesting that Justin Murray said something to the effect that Chiarelli was already part of the org... kinda interesting as you would assume he still has connections on the inside.

Anyways like having talk radio on during the day so I'll be tuning into Simmer regularly. Way better already than CiH

Reactions: Bileur and Icelevel

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Thought it was interesting that Justin Murray said something to the effect that Chiarelli was already part of the org... kinda interesting as you would assume he still has connections on the inside.

Anyways like having talk radio on during the day so I'll be tuning into Simmer regularly. Way better already than CiH
Overall a nice debut for Simmer and Justin. Stuck to hockey talk and would recommend listening to it for a change.

Justin did have an "oops" moment when Chiarelli was mentioned. Time will tell how that plays out.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Simmer on a roll rn with the unsubstantiated claims lol. This guy's never lied before right?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Simmers show is already a better listen to than the Morning Show and Coming in Hot.
If they can get solid guests in there consistently enough then yeah. I really like both simmer and justin murray. Smart hockey minds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad