Podcast (Audio) Ottawa Senators podcasts and blogs discussion

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Thought it would be a good idea for the board to have a thread on the team coverage.

Please feel free to share links of your favorite podcasts, bloggers and other media coverage

Last edited:

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Wally and Methot show will be missed. I also used to enjoy the Chet Sellers and Luke Peristy podcast but it’s been gone for years.

Tough gig to keep these things going for long I guess.

I haven’t been able to get into some of the ones mentioned in the OP.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I'm listening tp fridays locked on sens..and I swear i just heard them say that Dean Brown is going to be a fixture. Like fck off Dean!

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
What a year for the LOSP guys. Huge gets with Dorion and DJ.

Nobody can question the sweat equity or passion with those guys. I really appreciate their work.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I think we should sticky 10 more threads, so that normal threads disappear from my front page altogether! Unnecessary scrolling FTW.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Wally and bobby

Lol, so... The nationneteorkHQ twitter account linked seems to have last tweeted over a year ago, it links to a Facebook page that has a different twitter account linked, but that account is suspended. The Facebook page itself seems to mostly cover western Canadian teams, so I guess Wally is adding the Sens to their coverage...

Best of luck to him, hope he does well because I did find he got some interesting guests on WAM.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Lol, so... The nationneteorkHQ twitter account linked seems to have last tweeted over a year ago, it links to a Facebook page that has a different twitter account linked, but that account is suspended. The Facebook page itself seems to mostly cover western Canadian teams, so I guess Wally is adding the Sens to their coverage...

Best of luck to him, hope he does well because I did find he got some interesting guests on WAM.

Reactions: Micklebot

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
The WAM show was the best sens podcast . No disrespect to locked on sens I have been listening to them to fill the void and the hosts aren’t really my style

Reactions: Yak and Loach

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
The WAM show was the best sens podcast . No disrespect to locked on sens I have been listening to them to fill the void and the hosts aren’t really my style
They surprised me because I find a lot of fan podcasts are harder to watch, sometimes the interviews tend to be more awkward, but those guys do a great job imo… they carry conversation well. I thought Dorion’s interview with them was great and he was more insightful than he typically is.

I also loved WAM but to me Bobby is a lot more engaging than Methot so I am really looking forward to this one too.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

Sounds like the WAM cancellation was Methot driven due to a understandable reason.

- Wally wanted to pump out more content.
- Methot felt 1 a week was plenty.
- Methot hated doing the interviews. Liked talking hockey but hated interviewing.
- Daily faceoff offered to buy the podcast on the condition they produced more.
- Methot bows out.
- Wally and Ryan seem to be taking up that daily faceoff offer. Wally will do 5 a week with Bobby joining in for 3/5.
- Not clear on what Craigs plans are but it seems like he was on Methots side to keep it 1 a week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matsens15

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Sounds like the WAM cancellation was Methot driven due to a understandable reason.

- Wally wanted to pump out more content.
- Methot felt 1 a week was plenty.
- Methot hated doing the interviews. Liked talking hockey but hated interviewing.
- Daily faceoff offered to buy the podcast on the condition they produced more.
- Methot bows out.
- Wally and Ryan seem to be taking up that daily faceoff offer. Wally will do 5 a week with Bobby joining in for 3/5.
- Not clear on what Craigs plans are but it seems like he was on Methots side to keep it 1 a week.

Maybe they'll bring in Meth from time to time as a guest, basically Meth and Bobby flip roles

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
SensChirp used to the best in town but now he's just a tool that refuses to ever be critical of the team when it's warranted. Everything is always sunshine and rainbows with him and it's annoying

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Marian Hossa interview is up on Chiclets. Talks a bit about his time in Ottawa and goes into some
detail about how the Heatley trade went down from his perspective.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Marian Hossa interview is up on Chiclets. Talks a bit about his time in Ottawa and goes into some
detail about how the Heatley trade went down from his perspective.
Yikes, they have him fly in to Toronto for Arbitration, pull him aside last min to offer him what he'd been asking for, he sees the fax machine they brought along in a big bag to finalize everything, then muckler calls him in the airport before a 9 hour flight to tell him he's been traded...

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Yikes, they have him fly in to Toronto for Arbitration, pull him aside last min to offer him what he'd been asking for, he sees the fax machine they brought along in a big bag to finalize everything, then muckler calls him in the airport before a 9 hour flight to tell him he's been traded...

I’m not a Muckler hater by any means, but that’s a scumbag move on his part lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Yak and Dionysus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad