Confirmed with Link: Ottawa Senators playing in Outdoor Game Next Year

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
are detailed about the annoucement out yet? not really finding much online, and given how much we as a board have obsessed about this, I find it hilarious that no one has been commenting on it given the PC was set for 11am today and it is almost 1pm

Yup, seems like ppl only post when it's a negative. I was also expecting this thread to be the most active today but disappointed there's nothing. There were so many comments when ppl thought Melnyk was being stubborn and wouldn't do an outdoor game at TD place because of his pride and he hates OSEG, blah blah blah....and now there's no kudos....might be a reason why Cyril was let go as well.

I for one am ecstatic this is happening and give credit where credit is due: Melnyk, OSEG, and the NHL came through so good on them. Also I'm sure Ottawa will be well represented at this game, ppl need to stop chiming in with sarcastic remarks about how this is bad because the other team will take over the stadium :shakehead

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Great! Excited to go be a part of it and have more Montreal fans than Senators fans :rant:

That's what they've been saying about Sens-Habs playoff series. In reality though it was 80% Sens fans and stubhub tickets in Ottawa were more expensive than in Montreal.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i feel like we're too young for an alumni game. but obviously theres a chance for the nhl to make money out of this.
im just happy we are most likely getting special jerseys. so theres that. should be a fun atmosphere.

Sensored

May 20, 2004
Ottawa
That's what they've been saying about Sens-Habs playoff series. In reality though it was 80% Sens fans and stubhub tickets in Ottawa were more expensive than in Montreal.

This. As a STH was really worried before both playoff series against Montreal. Turns out we'll pay for playoffs but not for regular season games.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Has there been any talk about the Bellville Senators playing the Bulldogs as well during this outdoor weekend?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad