GDT: Ottawa Senators at Philadelphia Flyers - 1PM - TSN5/RDS2 - Moms I would like to.... have their sons win Edition

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The two guys I would pull from the line-up.

Weird.

Who? He mainly talked about Sanderson and Pinto

Oh just saw it was in reply to SoA's post

Yeah, Hamonic and Kubalik need to be traded/sent to the moon ASAP, they go against whatever this team is trying to accomplish

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
@coladin

They're buying in now.

Got them at +700 at the period. Big win inspite of terrible goaltending. They are really supporting the puck now. It's nice to see.
What are you trying to tell me. @Sting is right and Jacques and Alfie are wrong? Greig doesn't obliterate the guy if he plays center. He may be more impactful on the wing because less to do and more feistiness that doesn't pull him out of position. He is good at center but he is not going to play ahead of Norris. Norris also played well today

Reactions: LiseL

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What are you trying to tell me. @Sting is right and Jacques and Alfie are wrong? Greig doesn't obliterate the guy if he plays center. He may be more impactful on the wing because less to do and more feistiness that doesn't pull him out of position. He is good at center but he is not going to play ahead of Norris. Norris also played well today
The teams better with him at center thats the point. That's why I posted that.

Lol what? That's gives him more of an opportunity he's in the middle of the ice more.

He will play ahead of Norris eventually. You'll see. He's on the wing right now due to seniority.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I hope Cory Perry isn't checking out this pic of the SENS Moms...

View attachment 807542
1705884329444.png

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Lol what? That's gives him more of an opportunity he's in the middle of the ice more.

He will play ahead of Norris eventually. You'll see. He's on the wing right now due to seniorit

I think the team is better down the middle with Stuzle, Norris and Pinto. And I think the hit along the boards today is an easier way for Ridly to play his game with more of an edge and less responsibility
. He has tried to make some hits in the past but it takes him out of position. Yeah I guess we will see, but Norris will get back to form and has played much better the last few games now

Loach

Jun 9, 2021

He will play ahead of Norris eventually. You'll see. He's on the wing right now due to seniority.
Mike Peca was a center right?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I didn't think either Branny or Kastelic deserved to be scratched after the past two games. Would have liked to see just Pinto added without the other changes.
Branny screwed up allowing a 3 on 1.

Dean Brown just called Mac a "Nuclear Deterrent".

I guess we should expect him and Deslauriers to go then?
I wish we had a nuclear deterrent for Dean Brown.

Oilers add Corey Perry
The Oilers are in a hurry to win. :)

Reactions: bert

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
That PP stunk
Torts has Philly playing aggressively at the points and leaving the player with the puck by the boards alone.

Chabot needs more urgency to his game. Too much hesitation. So much talent.
Could add "smarts" too. He needs to adjust his risk taking.

Uhhh, the whistle blew. Why is this being debated?
Apparently the whistle does not signal the end of the play to the NHL goal reviewers in Toronto!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Branny screwed up allowing a 3 on 1
To be fair, in order for it to be a 3 on 1, it wasn't just Brannstrom that screwed up, the high forward got beat too. Joseph decided to attack the puck carrier with the two other forwards already on the wrong side of the play or he flipped it over Brannstrom who was trying to hold the line.

The forcheck was poorly executed, and didn't reload, Joseph can't attack like he did without one of the two deep guys getting back above the play.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
To be fair, in order for it to be a 3 on 1, it wasn't just Brannstrom that screwed up, the high forward got beat too. Joseph decided to attack the puck carrier with the two other forwards already on the wrong side of the play or he flipped it over Brannstrom who was trying to hold the line.

The forcheck was poorly executed, and didn't reload, Joseph can't attack like he did without one of the two deep guys getting back above the play.
Agreed; however, it would have been a 3 on 2 if Branny retreated instead of trying to be a high jumper at the blue line.

At 6'6 you'd think he could see past all screens.
I think he would be a better goaltender if he was 6'6" wide. :)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
At 6'6 you'd think he could see past all screens.
I think he would be a better goaltender if he was 6'6" wide. :)
Yeah this video seems to show a ton of identical examples where the ref called the rulebook the exact opposite way.

Refs lose sight of the puck, blow the whistle with a loose puck. no goal.

Why was this one different?

Amateur hour.
The Toronto goal reviewers allowed the goal to count and ignored the whistle. I would like to see a written rationale from the brains in Toronto on this one.

If the whistle did not blow, I would agree it was a goal.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
If they had called no goal on the ice, i doubt they would overturn it. Just would have been "after review, the whistle was blown before the puck crossed the goal line..."

And nobody would have questioned it.

Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If they had called no goal on the ice, i doubt they would overturn it. Just would have been "after review, the whistle was blown before the puck crossed the goal line..."

And nobody would have questioned it.
I mean it was a goal. It was the right call. Absolutely no reason the whistle should have blown.

Reactions: SensontheRush

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3