Ottawa 67's 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
With 2 games against each of Oshawa, Brantford and Mississauga the standings will be resolved with those games, add to it a game against London and it’s a tough set in these last 16 games. If they are going to make a jump in the standings they pretty much have to sweep those games.

The key is still to resolve 2nd & 3rd lines and get production out of more than the top line. The team may be able to continue winning the way they are in regular season but that will not hold up in playoffs when the top teams get dialed in.
Thank you for helping make my point.

Reactions: PuckStop75

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I don't see us behind Oshawa. I think that 4/5 will be interesting. I see North Bay and Sudbury finishing ahead of us. That leaves us in 4th or at worst 5th.

Brantford has to stumble and I am not sure that is going to happen. They need to lose 4 more games than us. I am not sure that that is a number at this point that we can make up.

We hold two games in hand. Brantford only needs to lose two more games than us.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
With 2 games against each of Oshawa, Brantford and Mississauga the standings will be resolved with those games, add to it a game against London and it’s a tough set in these last 16 games. If they are going to make a jump in the standings they pretty much have to sweep those games.

The key is still to resolve 2nd & 3rd lines and get production out of more than the top line. The team may be able to continue winning the way they are in regular season but that will not hold up in playoffs when the top teams get dialed in.

Brantford has two against Saginaw, two against Missy, two against Ottawa and one against Oshawa and North Bay. They are I. A slightly more difficult position.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Mews with another brain dead play causing the turnover at the offensive blueline leading to a breakaway goal. It is getting ridiculous how this kid cannot learn.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Has the costume of Riley changed over the last few years? Something does not appear as I remember.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
67's Win 6-3

STARS OF THE GAME​

Pinelli

FIRST
#20 Luca Pinelli C
G 2A 2+/- +3Ottawa

Kressler

SECOND
#12 Braeden Kressler C
G 0A 3+/- +3Ottawa

Smyth

THIRD
#2 Derek Smyth D
G 0A 0+/- +2Ottawa

SHOTS ON GOAL
Teams1st2nd3rdTotal
NB811726
OTT12161139

Last edited:

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
I’m sure Michelone would like that second goal back but besides that, a good game all around and an important win for the 67s.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I’m sure Michelone would like that second goal back but besides that, a good game all around and an important win for the 67s.
The 3rd goal was weak as well. Wrap arounds to the far corner well inside the post isn’t a good look. But, he makes most of the saves he should make.

Nice tidy run so far with the backup.

Boris67

Jan 11, 2020
I wanted to wait until after a good effort by the poles before I brought this up so that it didn’t seam like I was piling on
Watching #27 play without any production or max effort is becoming very hard to take
He doesn’t seam to be playing with the intensity needed to be effective in this league…..You see it sometimes with OAs they seam disinterested and you get feeling they can’t wait for season to end
I call this ailment—Mathew Albiani-itis :)

To think we maybe could have had Peer with similar deal …damn!

I’ll give Boyd a mulligan on this one I guess….:(

Jan. 8WSRJacob MailletOTTNB 3 2024
OTT 5 2025
OTT 2 2027

Reactions: NoQuit67s

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
The 3rd goal was weak as well. Wrap arounds to the far corner well inside the post isn’t a good look. But, he makes most of the saves he should make.

Nice tidy run so far with the backup.

That was a strange one as I thought NB had scored there but the play ended abruptly and the puck was off to the side of the net. Turns out it went through the net. I was sitting in GA and never did see a replay so I’ll take your word for it.

I’d be remiss in not mentioning I thought Stonehouse had his best game of the season today. Not only the goals but the physicality and intensity were really noticeable today.

Reactions: NoQuit67s

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
That was a strange one as I thought NB had scored there but the play ended abruptly and the puck was off to the side of the net. Turns out it went through the net. I was sitting in GA and never did see a replay so I’ll take your word for it.

I’d be remiss in not mentioning I thought Stonehouse had his best game of the season today. Not only the goals but the physicality and intensity were really noticeable today.

I believe what happened was the NB player did the wrap around and as Michelone nudged the short post, it raised the net up jsut a but and the puck slid under the low bar on the far post.

I agree a bout Stonehouse.

I’m still baffled by Maillet. I know maybe he could have better line-mates but it is now 15 games without a goal. Whitehead and Kelly are the two other players on a 15 game streak without a goal. That is not good company to be in. Even Horner has found a way to score three goals over that same time period as a D-Man moved to forward. He’s only been hanging around 50% at the dot too. His -9 since in Ottawa is glaring as well. He has to start doing something regardless of who his linemates are. He’s had Foster with him recently and it seems like he is getting chances but not burying them. Saturday afternoon he has to two shots with great saves but you gotta bury some. With any luck, he will score one, get the monkey off his back and he will start scoring a bunch!

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Good to see pinelli and Kressler with a plus night
I wanted to wait until after a good effort by the poles before I brought this up so that it didn’t seam like I was piling on
Watching #27 play without any production or max effort is becoming very hard to take
He doesn’t seam to be playing with the intensity needed to be effective in this league…..You see it sometimes with OAs they seam disinterested and you get feeling they can’t wait for season to end
I call this ailment—Mathew Albiani-itis :)

To think we maybe could have had Peer with similar deal …damn!

I’ll give Boyd a mulligan on this one I guess….:(

Jan. 8WSRJacob MailletOTTNB 3 2024
OTT 5 2025
OTT 2 2027
I think when you look at the Windsor deal for Maillett you also need to include

Jacob MailletOTTNB 3 2024
OTT 5 2025
OTT 2 2027
OTT 3 2027
Jan. 8WSRIan MicheloneOTTOTT 12 2026

As well as Windsor getting Donoso off waivers.

Mich for a 12th in 2026 seems to be a bargain so that may make it a little better but I agree Mailet is possibly wasted skin

Once OJS are eliminated from the playoffs, then bring Yanni up and let him go if he does not want to be here.

I the fact that he needs to be benched. Sometimes it wakes a guy up when a rookie is put in his place and he spends a few games in the stands. Then coaching finds out what he is worth. Maybe let him go and bring back someone else that wants to be here.

Last edited:

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Mews is going to get drafted. The only question is who. I think he will attend the camp, see what he needs to work on and settle down doing what the NHL wants him to do.

This year, he may be pushing himself to try to be everything a team would want in a defenceman.

The true test will be next year if he suffers from draftitis or plays a steady game. The same thing with Marelli. He may not get drafted, but someone is going to take a look at him and tell him what he needs to do.

Also, remember, as much as we think Mayer is good, he is undrafted and, from the looks of things, will not be signed by anyone.

I think next year, defence and goaltending will not be an issue for this team. The only challenge will be upfront. Will we have enough players to score goals?

No, I do not want to say that we will bring in a load of OA, wave the magic wand, sprinkle pixie dust on the arena, and be a contender for second place in the conference.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
What happened to your longtime broadcaster for 67 games. Great voice

I believe everyone had Family Day off yesterday. On the School Day games and the odd Holiday Game, they just run the Rink Board feed and pipe in a radio broadcast but I guess t satisfy the CHL TV, they got some random dude to do play by play. I don’t think there was a radio broadcast yesterday for either team.

Hey don't look now but Marco Rossi is number 3 in rookie scoring behind his team mate brock Faber and some kid named Bedard
Cool. I will have to take a peak! I figured it was only a matter of time for Rossi to start doing something.

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
Good to see pinelli and Kressler with a plus night

I think when you look at the Windsor deal for Maillett you also need to include

Jacob MailletOTTNB 3 2024
OTT 5 2025
OTT 2 2027
OTT 3 2027
Jan. 8WSRIan MicheloneOTTOTT 12 2026

As well as Windsor getting Donoso off waivers.

Mich for a 12th in 2026 seems to be a bargain so that may make it a little better but I agree Mailet is possibly wasted skin

Once OJS are eliminated from the playoffs, then bring Yanni up and let him go if he does not want to be here.

I the fact that he needs to be benched. Sometimes it wakes a guy up when a rookie is put in his place and he spends a few games in the stands. Then coaching finds out what he is worth. Maybe let him go and bring back someone else that wants to be here.
Peer (RW) in combination with another centre would have been a good pick up, can't have one without the other! Maillett was 11 for 17 at the dot, if he didn't want to be here that would be one of the first areas we would see a lack of effort. For the last time, put him with a legitimate RW.

Good character win yesterday, still riding that top line hard which won't hold up. But a win none the less. Nice to see Stonehouse show up for the game, he's been MIA lately.

Reactions: sirius67fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad