Ottawa 67's 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
1673203435627.png

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
That’s not a viable option. This isn’t a video game. They HAVE to move him and he has a NTC. There is no playing hard ball here to make a point. That’s not how this works. Sounds like the return will be very good anyway so I don’t see the problem.
Kingpin that is how it works. Look at the NHL no one has a 1 team clause.

Kingston does not have to trade him. They own contractually his rights in the CHL. The only place he can play other than Seattle or another NHL team is Kingston this year unless they trade his rights.

It is no different than a player that says draft me and I will not play for your team I will wait for the NCAA,

Think I am wrong look at past history Max Domi or Eric Lindros.

Reactions: Rounder8

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If we are talking tomorrows lineup:

Pinelli - Rohrer - Gerrior
Beck - Morrison - Foster
Stonehouse - Tolnai - Dever
Barlas - Gardiner - Kelly

Mayich - Costantini
Sirman - Ewles
Marrelli - Mews

Donoso
MacZenzie

Predictions are for gypsies though so what do I know?
Not a bad prediction. Maybe I am part gypsy!

Reactions: sirius67fan

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Kingpin that is how it works. Look at the NHL no one has a 1 team clause.

Kingston does not have to trade him. They own contractually his rights in the CHL. The only place he can play other than Seattle or another NHL team is Kingston this year unless they trade his rights.

It is no different than a player that says draft me and I will not play for your team I will wait for the NCAA,

Think I am wrong look at past history Max Domi or Eric Lindros.
Right, Kingston CAN chose not to trade him. from a practical stand point, that’s not what will happen though. They HAVE TO, no choice, we all know it, trade him. If you have a NTC, in effect you have a 1 team clause if you want it to be. People can act like that’s the case right now but Wright was certainly open to more than London. I feel like we agree since you brought up Domi and Lindros.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Right, Kingston CAN chose not to trade him. from a practical stand point, that’s not what will happen though. They HAVE TO, no choice, we all know it, trade him. If you have a NTC, in effect you have a 1 team clause if you want it to be. People can act like that’s the case right now but Wright was certainly open to more than London. I feel like we agree since you brought up Domi and Lindros.

Exactly. Shane is in the AHL next year minimum (he will have 4 eligible seasons making him exempt from the CHL-NHL agreement) Kingston needs to get whatever they can get for him they can use for a run next year since they are bidding on the memorial cup. Honestly anything is better than nothing. Not trading him at all and having a locker room problem plus no assets at the end of the season is thier worst case scenario.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

Kingston doesn’t need to agree. If London offers two 2nds and two 3rds and says go kick rocks, Kingston can walk with no issues whatsoever. They can choose to value Wright in their lineup the remainder of this season ahead of those four picks.

I’m not saying that is what London is doing but an example for arguments sake.

If Kingston made that deal, any player with a No Trade Clause can walk into the Kingston office and demand a trade to whatever team they want to go to. Kingston cannot set that precedent. They need to stand tall and at least get a deal that makes sense.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
That’s not a viable option. This isn’t a video game. They HAVE to move him and he has a NTC. There is no playing hard ball here to make a point. That’s not how this works. Sounds like the return will be very good anyway so I don’t see the problem.
How does it work ?

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Remembering that I was a Fronts fan the one thing I can say is that if Wright says London or no and London is not able to make a fair trade that is at least in the Morrison ballpark Fans will blow their cool.

To me the Wright family are blackmailing the Fronts.
If I was a ticket holder and Kingston took a crap deal I would be upset.

I would rather look at Wright and say this is it you want London only and they have nothing to offer so there is no deal sorry. You either play out your year here or the Kraken can pay you or you can go home and play by yourself.

KINGSTON HAS A LOT OF POWER IN THIS THEY JUST HVE TO HAVE THE CAHONES TO USE IT.
I suppose one must first assume all the HF insiders know for a fact what the Wright family wants/demands.

Or the talking heads on sports television have the inside track .

Boy, there's a lot of leaks....

😀

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I suppose one must first assume all the HF insiders know for a fact what the Wright family wants/demands.

Or the talking heads on sports television have the inside track .

Boy, there's a lot of leaks....

😀

And that is the problem right there. People talk as if things are completely decided.

I’ve tried to approach my posts from t he perspective of what past deals have been, what the comparables are, how the process works and what the real possibilities are. Additionally, I am not suggesting Kingston won’t make a deal. I’m saying that if Kingston can’t get a fair deal, they are not bound to trade him at all costs. That makes no sense.

I think posters need to present it as options, not guarantees. If “x” happens then most likely the result is “y.” Too many people simply dismiss things in turn as if there are no options.

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
Bouch & Matier not even in that lineup. More than ok with Just concentrating on a D only. We dominated majority of that hockey game. This lineup I'm ok with for the rest of the season

Stonehouse*Tolnai*Boucher
Pinelli*Rohrer*Gerrior
Foster*Morrison*
Barlas*Gardiner*Dever

F Scratch Kelly,Laforme

Mayich-Matier
Mintyukov-Costantini
Sirman-Mews

D Scratch Smyth, Horner

Use Marrelli,Quick, Ewles what ever it takes of those body’s plus picks to acquire Mintyukov

Bouch & Matier not even in that lineup. More than ok with Just concentrating on a D only. We dominated majority of that hockey game. This lineup I'm ok with for the rest of the season

Stonehouse*Tolnai*Boucher
Pinelli*Rohrer*Gerrior
Foster*Morrison*
Barlas*Gardiner*Dever

F Scratch Kelly,Laforme

Mayich-Matier
Mintyukov-Costantini
Sirman-Mews

D Scratch Smyth, Horner

Use Marrelli,Quick, Ewles what ever it takes of those body’s plus picks to acquire Mintyukov
Add Beck beside Morrison

Reactions: BarberPole9

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
Interesting game today. Owen Sound is a decent club that ran into a buzzsaw today. I give them props for starting an Eastern Ontario lineup with Guindon, Seed, Lawrence, Cormier, and Votary, plus Sawyer. Morrison fits right in and will look good on the PP if we can get Boucher back.

Reactions: sirius67fan

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
Interesting game today. Owen Sound is a decent club that ran into a buzzsaw today. I give them props for starting an Eastern Ontario lineup with Guindon, Seed, Lawrence, Cormier, and Votary, plus Sawyer. Morrison fits right in and will look good on the PP if we can get Boucher back.
Boucher is back Wednesday just day to day precautionary. Matier also back Wednesday

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
67's win 5-1

3RD 8:42 #19 Jack Beck (4) scores. Assists: #16 Logan Morrison

3RD 16:56 #17 Brady Stonehouse (20) scores. Assists: #16 Logan Morrison, #19 Jack Beck POWER PLAY

3 assists for Morrison in his debut
What a bum! Waive him.

They utterly smothered Owen Sound. It was kind of incredible, any OS player that touched the puck seemed to have two guys on him. Morrison had no issue at all playing our puck retrieval style, so glad we have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad