Confirmed Trade: [OTT/SJS] Hoffman, Donaghy, 5th ('20) for Boedker, Bergman, 6th ('20)

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
So a guy who has never cracked 20 goals or 50 points making $4 mil a year, a blah prospect, and a 6th in 2020

For

A perennial 30 goal scorer (with some alleged baggage) making $5.1, a blah prospect, and a 2020 5th.

Each piece San Jose is getting I think is better than the piece they gave up.

With Boedker and Gaborik in the line up Ottawa could be the fastest team in the NHL and only boast 15-20 combined goals.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
how many trades is dorion going to get wrecked in?
zibanjed, duchene, brassard, now this?

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Where is the first round pick Sens fans were saying they were going to get? I'm confused

I mean he was eventually moved (with a 7) for a 2, 4, and 5. That’s not much, if any, less value than a low 1. That’s a typical draft day tradedown scenario.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Ehh. Hoffman had to be moved regardless of whether or not Karlsson stays. Imagine if EK was gone next year and he was back. He'd probably be getting death stares in the locker room and suicide passes on the ice.

Yeah, I know the PR backlash would have been bad and I still think he would have been traded regardless, but I probably should have expanded on my post by saying that what I meant by that was that they could have held onto Hoffman and tried to play the market a bit for more of a return after dealing Karlsson. My fault there.

To me, the chain of events happening the way it has signifies that they're going to try to keep Karlsson. Whether they'll prevail or not remains to be seen.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Just asking a question:

What are the chances that allot of Ottawa's struggles last season were due to locker room turmoil?

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Hoffman >>> Boedker
Hoffman's GF <<<< all the other bits

Value seems pretty even to me. It's not cheap to ask a team to accept an (alleged) psycho GF along with the hockey player.

Seriously though, it's an awful return, and sucks to see my 2nd favorite team get barely anything for a very good offensive player in Hoffman.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Just asking a question:

What are the chances that allot of Ottawa's struggles last season were due to locker room turmoil?

None. They are a bad team that was bad even when the made the ECF but their fans were blinded by the mirage. Terrible underlying numbers bailed out by a season of lucky goaltending.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Google is a useful tool. Perhaps visiting San Jose yourself might change your mind about California.

Is it the shorts and sandals thing Canada? Is that what you strive for? San Jose is not Southern California. Nor is it Malibu, Hollywood, Beverly Hills...

For the average joe it may not be up to your standards but we are talking a pro athlete making 4M a year - im sure he can squeeze the best out of California with that type of money. Just being out of the circus of Ottawa is a win but going to California is an even bigger win if you ask me especially to a much better team.

Edit: lol better yet he is going to Florida. If you didnt like California then you must like Florida.

Reactions: Darth Bangkok

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
None. They are a bad team that was bad even when the made the ECF but their fans were blinded by the mirage. Terrible underlying numbers bailed out by a season of lucky goaltending.

And the luckiest bounces in the history of lucky bounces

C'mon never has a goal been scored like that changing direction 4 different times between Brassard batting it out of mid air and then crossing the goal line

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
This is just more proof that some GMs are better than others. Dorion got taken to school. When him and MB are no longer employed it will be a good day for the NHL

No one was willing to give a package people here thought these players could get. Galchenyuk wasn't able to get a first rounder and Hoffmann s value was negligible with the rumours

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Not every state in the US recognizes common law.

This is ridiculous. You are trying to save face here. Let's just say that it's not easy for Hoffman. And not as easy as a break-up email. Why was Hoffman traded if it's as easy as breaking up with her?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Not what Karlssons wife put in the peace bond. Which makes sense as numerous ex Sens wifes all came out against Hoffmans GF. So obviously she has been an issue for many months if not years

They are claiming the online harassment began in November while they first confronted the Hoffman about it in March.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
How the **** did we lose to this joke of a franchise in last year's playoffs?

Senators sold their soul to Satan for the luckiest run of luckiest bounces ever.

1. AV's boneheaded decisions to keep Staal, Holden and Girardi on the ice in the final minutes of games with one goal leads.

2. Lundqvist was hot garbage in that series.

3. The defense as a whole was terrible.

4. Anderson was Anderson vs the Rangers as usual.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad