Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] F Claude Giroux signs with the Senators (3 years, $6.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I feel like someone else mentioned it in this thread, but Giroux's primary assets are his hands and his vision, and those aren't going anywhere. He doesn't rely on physicality or speed. He's not going to decline in the same way most players in this league do. He'll be a 50-point player until he's 40 if he feels like playing that long.

Also he's been in the league since about 2008 and he's missed a grand total of 15 games in that entire time. 0 injury concerns and tough as hell.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
Anyone watching a handful of sens games this season will know Giroux was not a bad signing.

You can bring your logic as much as you like and it may sound reasonable in theory but the only thing you are actually telling us is you haven't watched Giroux alot this year or you are absolutely clueless!

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I'm going to laugh when the sens trade giroux for the same value that Fletcher got three years later

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
It’s negative 1000 degrees in Ottawa right now, no one wants to go outside, and it’s showing in this post.

• Haha
Reactions: kevistar

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He really is the quintessential Ottawa player. Good production but never really a winning hockey player. Not sure why he was the one brought in to “teach them how to win” when they already extended a bunch of productive one-way forwards. A grittier, more two-way, proven winner with cup winning experience would have been the smarter play imo.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
It’s hard to explain why the Sens continue to be so bad. They have a collection of good young players. Added to it the experience of Giroux. He’s been excellent. Yet they continue to be awful.
It took awhile before what Jacques Martin was teaching them sunk in and became routine. Around Jan. 13th is when that transition seemed to have occurred. Since then, their play & record has been better with a small lapse here & there. They are 8-5-4 since Jan. 13th taking 21 of 34 possible points. They are 6 - 3 - 1 in their last 10 games. Its possible that some posters here are relying on stereotypes and/or dated info.

Reactions: Fatass

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He really is the quintessential Ottawa player. Good production but never really a winning hockey player. Not sure why he was the one brought in to “teach them how to win” when they already extended a bunch of productive one-way forwards. A grittier, more two-way, proven winner with cup winning experience would have been the smarter play imo.

More two-way?

You really don’t know the player very well.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
It took awhile before what Jacques Martin was teaching them sunk in and became routine. Around Jan. 13th is when that transition seemed to have occurred. Since then, their play & record has been better with a small lapse here & there. They are 8-5-4 since Jan. 13th taking 21 of 34 possible points. Its possible that some posters here are relying on stereotypes and/or dated info.

also possible some posters don't think a 17 game sample specifically chosen to be as favourable as possible after the season was already lost is very indicative of much.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
also possible some posters don't think a 17 game sample specifically chosen to be as favourable as possible after the season was already lost is very indicative of much.

The Sens do this every year. Get themselves way out of the playoffs, go on some little heater and start boasting again until they crash the next year. It's been like 3-4 years of this.

Reactions: tucker3434

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
I would generally agree with that but there is something that occurred that is well worth noting i.e., the change in coach. If I were a Toronto fan, I'd wonder about their record this year versus the Senators and whether they will be less inept in the playoffs for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad