Confirmed Trade: [OTT/CHI] Alex DeBrincat for 2022 1st and 2nd round picks (7 and 39OA) and 2024 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I hope the American boys show DeBrincat how much fun it is to be a Senator.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he meshes with the core on and off the ice and chooses to re-sign.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Turning Kirby Dach into Frank Nazar is a great move, much higher upside with Nazar.

Turning Alex DeBrincat into Kevin Korchinski is no bueno. IF absolutely everything turns out for Korchinski (and this guy has a lot of holes in his game to fix) then he'll maybe be about as good as DeBrincat or a bit worse. Most likely Korchinski will never be nearly as good.

goeb

Oct 24, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Yikes. I have a hard time believing this is the best the Hawks could get. Debrincat is worth at least a top3 pick, or a more blue chip prospect.

Senators were a disappointment last year, but I have to imagine they will meet expectations this year with an addition like this.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Are the Hawks planning on tanking next year? Trade a first line 40 goal PPG player who is still just 24 years old and could have easily been the future captain on the Hawks for two picks that may not even pan out. They should have gotten a top 5 overall pick at the minimum.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Are the Hawks planning on tanking next year? Trade a first line 40 goal PPG player who is still just 24 years old and could have easily been the future captain on the Hawks for two picks that may not even pan out. They should have gotten a top 5 overall pick at the minimum.
Trade away 24 year old DeBrincat and 21 year old Dach, rebuild around 33 year old Kane and 34 year old Toews. Innovative strategy.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
You guys should give us Kane and join forces with us. The Ottawa SenaHawks.
If the Sens can pull it off, trade for Matthew Tkachuk just to have the brothers together. Then sign Giroux.

Tkachuk-Stuzle-Debrincat
Tkachuk-Norris-Giroux

Unreal top 6

pabst blue ribbon

🇺🇦🤝🇵🇱
Oct 26, 2015
PG
It’s extremely odd that Debrincat and Dach were shipped off before Kane and Toews. If they’re willing to eat Mrazek’s contract, they can retain some some of Toews’ contract no?
Its possible that the market for Kane/Toews will be more open after all the big ticket FA's are signed since both of these players will take up a lot of cap space even with 50% retention

But that's just my personal speculation

goeb

Oct 24, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
If Chicago plans to tank for the next 3-4 years, I guess it makes a little bit of sense. They probably could have gotten a better haul at the trade deadline though. I just can't recall such little return on trading a young 40 goal scorer.

Reactions: Altimus and gary69

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Doesn't matter if they are planning to or not, they will be at the bottom.

Hell last year they were "planning" to be good and were still one of the worst teams.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
If the Sens can pull it off, trade for Matthew Tkachuk just to have the brothers together. Then sign Giroux.

Tkachuk-Stuzle-Debrincat
Tkachuk-Norris-Giroux

Unreal top 6
Ottawa better win the Cup in the one season this would last before Dorion couldn't afford to pay them.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Tkachuk-Stuzle-Debrincat
Tkachuk-Norris-Giroux

Unreal top 6
No way Giroux would be above Batherson. Giroux would have to play on the 3rd line.

Either way, it's not happening. No way we can afford to add DeBrincat, Tkachuk and Giroux, plus a top 4 D (which is higher priority than more top 6 forwards), plus Norris' RFA deal, plus Stutzle next offseason.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If Chicago plans to tank for the next 3-4 years, I guess it makes a little bit of sense. They probably could have gotten a better haul at the trade deadline though. I just can't recall such little return on trading a young 40 goal scorer.
The more info that is coming out, it seems his contract demands are through the roof and he has little interest in signing long-term anywhere right now.

If this is a two year rental for Ottawa, and the Blackhawks had no shot of re-signing him, then the deal makes a lot more sense.

All we have is copium so this is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
The more info that is coming out, it seems his contract demands are through the roof and he has little interest in signing long-term anywhere right now.

If this is a two year rental for Ottawa, and the Blackhawks had no shot of re-signing him, then the deal makes a lot more sense.

All we have is copium so this is my story and I'm sticking to it.

What's the source? Would be interested.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
CHi fans why did your team trade Debrincat ?

He's only 24, a very good goal soccer, and could have fit a re build timeline

Last edited:
Reactions: gary69

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013

Thanks. Don't think this implies that he wouldn't sign long term anywhere. Seems like he wasn't going to sign in Chicago, which makes sense under the circumstances.

I think decent chance he walks from Ottawa after 2 years. But it's probably closer to a coin flip right now.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Pathetic trade, this was the one guy on the roster you do not trade. Hawks will be the new BUF for the next 5-10 years, sad to see, I will miss you D and I will never change my avatar!

Reactions: gary69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad