Confirmed Trade: [OTT/CHI] Alex DeBrincat for 2022 1st and 2nd round picks (7 and 39OA) and 2024 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
giving up the 7th pick is always risky, because it's the 7th pick but this is a fantastic deal for Ottawa they get a legitimate star

Cat and Stutzle will be fun to watch.

or Maybe it's Cat and Tkachuk

my only question is who plays center?

Norris?

Ottawa has a good young top 6

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
giving up the 7th pick is always risky, because it's the 7th pick but this is a fantastic deal for Ottawa they get a legitimate star

Norris?

Stutzle or Norris, doesn't really matter.

But Stutzle imo

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

Norris?

I’d like to see Tkachuk-Stutzle-DeBrincat

99ovr

Apr 15, 2021
I’d like to see Tkachuk-Stutzle-DeBrincat
I actually like that, you have a PWF-PLY-SNP, somewhat similar to Tkachuk-Lindholm-Gaudreau, 2 guys got over 100 points and one was PPG. I like how Stutzle can pass the puck to ADB on his forehand as opposed to his backhand if ADB was LW. Tkachuk can create a lot of space and put in rebounds.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I actually like that, you have a PWF-PLY-SNP, somewhat similar to Tkachuk-Lindholm-Gaudreau, 2 guys got over 100 points and one was PPG. I like how Stutzle can pass the puck to ADB on his forehand as opposed to his backhand if ADB was LW. Tkachuk can create a lot of space and put in rebounds.
Obviously Cat changes the dynamic entirely but didn’t Tkachuk/Stützle pairing struggle this year?

I’d like Jimmy and Cat to be a possession based line, I think Tkachuk works better as retrieval/forechecking to get the puck to Batherson who can make plays to Norris or whoever.

Any idea how Cat is defensively? Obviously the Tkachuk Jimmy Cat line won’t be out to shut down lines but I have an odd feeling they’d get caved.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Has Toews been interviewed yet? Dude has been having meltdowns for the last 3 seasons about rebuilding.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I think there’s a good chance he’ll only plays two years in Ottawa. Maybe not, we’ll see.
Would be surprised if we don't sign and trade...assuming he can pull another 35+G season with a new team - merely because of cap space issues.

Norris at 8M
Stutzle at 8-9M

Won't be able to keep them all if DeBrincat is looking to be an 8-9M player too already with already having paid his dues with a "bridge" contract.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Would be surprised if we don't sign and trade...assuming he can pull another 35+G season with a new team - merely because of cap space issues.

Norris at 8M
Stutzle at 8-9M

Won't be able to keep them all if DeBrincat is looking to be an 8-9M player too already with already having paid his dues with a "bridge" contract.
Ya for sure. Unless Ottawa somehow stops becoming a budget team.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
There's always a concern he won't re-sign when you're Ottawa but we didn't give up any prospects or young players, so it's not the biggest risk. If he's not signed within a year he can still fetch a pretty good package if he has a solid season.

Also Dorion probably did this as a statement to attract potential UFA's. Time will tell how it pans out, but it's good to see the team be proactive without selling the farm.

Reactions: SensFactor

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
I could see this reaction necessary if he referred to Ottawa as canadas butthole. He just called it a frozen tundra, take it easy my man

You called it a frozen tundra you schmuck... thats literally an insult.

I dont even live there and Im insulted for them. If you think its a frozen tundra - and literally cant think of any other reasons why he (ADB) wouldnt want to be there (ie there's more low hanging fruits other than weather for you to rag on) - then your a bitter loser. Or oblivious. Take your pick.
^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad