OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
My relatives in Minnesota gotta be miffed right now. Avs officially doinked the Mild's playoff chances and the Nuggets just took the reins from the Tree Puppers.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Three times as exciting as actual golf!

204142ef-af33-4c28-9ec8-126011d02c23_text.gif

says the guy who follows indoor lacross. lol

Got 'eeeeeeem

golf:
everyone has to whisper, sometimes an arthritis medication salesman wins

This shows how little you know. This is like the stereotypical thing to say. Golf is actually incredibly exciting if you actually know what you're watching. Golf as a pro sport has been some of the most exciting stuff in the sports world the last couple years. So much drama.

To each their own though!

Reactions: CharlesPuck

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
This shows how little you know. This is like the stereotypical thing to say. Golf is actually incredibly exciting if you actually know what you're watching. Golf as a pro sport has been some of the most exciting stuff in the sports world the last couple years. So much drama.
Yes, watching a 46 year old man spend 8 minutes taking one golf swing is so much more exciting than watching a guy run someone over, dodge someone else, spin, shoot a ball 114 MPH, and then get in a fist fight.

And the arthritis medication salesman thing wasn't even a joke. Mickelson literally won the PGA while he was a TV pitchman for arthritis pills.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Personal preferences are okay to have. I personally think that golf is a fantastic spectator sport and can have some of the absolute best drama in sports. Some of the things the players can pull off is just unreal. I think you do have to have a deep appreciation of the game to really enjoy watching it though. I find lacrosse and soccer to be terrible spectator sports... but many people like them and enjoy them greatly, and that is okay.

And here we are typing this out on a forum that is for a very niche sport that most people don't give two shits about. :laugh:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I actually watch golf a little bit during the winter just to see some greenery, other than that not so much.

I've always enjoyed actually playing it, I just never really got that far into it though.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I absolutely hate playing golf ( because I’m supa bad) but I love watching the majors plus a couple of odd tournaments a year. I especially love the Masters, it’s one of the best sporting events of the year, in my opinion.

Reactions: GeoRox89

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
DU advances to the championship game for the frozen 4. BU didn't get a single PP and they were pissed about it. That BU goalie was easily the best player in the game, but BU just couldn't get many good chances through DU's defense.

Reactions: Hasbro

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Yeah I have zero interest in golf. The only team sport I’ll watch nowadays since I swore off the broncos is hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad