OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Most wild thing I’ve seen yet in college sports

American college sports are wild. A friend and I once went to a UBC basketball game on a Friday night and there were like 20 other people there (on a 40000 person campus) and Shrum bowl was the only time anyone (at least of the people I ever saw) seemed to know there was a football game happening and then that died when SFU had their weird foray into the NCAA

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
American college sports are wild. A friend and I once went to a UBC basketball game on a Friday night and there were like 20 other people there (on a 40000 person campus) and Shrum bowl was the only time anyone (at least of the people I ever saw) seemed to know there was a football game happening and then that died when SFU had their weird foray into the NCAA
Yea, for real. The university I went to in the UK had around 30K students. I once went to watch the rugby team. There were like 10 other people, and about 6 of them were substitutes for the game.
It is nuts how many people watch these 18 year old kids, 100k seat stadiums. Billions of dollars. Absolutely nuts.

Reactions: GeoRox89

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I know you know nothing about MLB and hyperbole is your thing but there's literally a team yesterday that sent down a player that had 1.3 WAR last year and hitting .429/.375/.857 this year that led to a hilarious conspiracy theory. I can give you a million guesses without googling and I bet you have no idea who the player nor the team is.

There's also a different team that did this yesterday

Rockies suck (which is great), but let's not act like they're the worst team in the league by far.

I'm not going to claim to know anything about baseball, but there physically can't be a worse team than the Rockies. And if so then that's f***ing pathetic for MLB.

I'll be stunned if they hit 50 wins this year. They are literally getting blown out every night.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I know you know nothing about MLB and hyperbole is your thing but there's literally a team yesterday that sent down a player that had 1.3 WAR last year and hitting .429/.375/.857 this year that led to a hilarious conspiracy theory. I can give you a million guesses without googling and I bet you have no idea who the player nor the team is.

There's also a different team that did this yesterday

Rockies suck (which is great), but let's not act like they're the worst team in the league by far.

I know nothing about baseball, can you or someone else explain what and why a first base coach is?

Reactions: GeoRox89

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I know nothing about baseball, can you or someone else explain what and why a first base coach is?
When a player gets on base, the 1st base coach tap him in the ass to say good job :naughty:

They're there to time the pitchers do the plate to give info to the runner if they can steal or not. Their main job is to give extra info to the runner like how many outs there are, where the ball is if there's an error during a pick-off, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Price-to-performance the rockies simply have to be the worst team in baseball.

I honestly don't know why Monfort spends as much as he does to get this result. The incompetence is mind-blowing. To be this shitty of a company you usually have to be in social media.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

I honestly don't know why Monfort spends as much as he does to get this result. The incompetence is mind-blowing. To be this shitty of a company you usually have to be in social media.

The Monfort kid is running their scouting dept - it looks like he could remarkably be even worse than daddy.

• Wow
Reactions: katfude

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Wemby is gonna be insane in a few years.
I hope Pop stays around long enough to see it but I got a strong feeling someone else is gonna reap those dividends.

Jokic has passed Carmelo Anthony for 3rd in points by a Nugget; he has also passed Dan Issel for 4th in steals.
What’s the over/under on Melo actually congratulating Joker

• Haha
Reactions: Pokecheque

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Kris Bryant now 0/16 on the season but on the plus side, he's been hit by 3 pitches
Worst part of it is that we knew that was a terrible contract before the ink even dried. He wasn't getting that money anywhere else after already showing that he was chronically injured (and rapidly regressing the rare times he was actually healthy). Yet they still gave him a hefty deal with term. That contract alone would get most GMs fired but we all know Schmidt is just a Monfort lackey. The only person there who ever demonstrated any modicum of leadership was Keli McGregor, and that void has never even been close to being filled.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
The 3 of the best 3B in their era are all washed up. None of Arenado, Bryant, nor Rendon can hit anymore.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Marlins are 0-7 having played home games against the Pirates and Angels. The Rockies aren't good at all but at least are losing to contending teams on the road. Marlins are blowing them away in disappointment so far.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Marlins are 0-7 having played home games against the Pirates and Angels. The Rockies aren't good at all but at least are losing to contending teams on the road. Marlins are blowing them away in disappointment so far.
Marlins are 28th in roster spend. Near the bottom of the barrel. Expected.

Rockies are 16th. Just below league average in spend.

The Rockies are worse.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Marlins are 28th in roster spend. Near the bottom of the barrel. Expected.

Rockies are 16th. Just below league average in spend.

The Rockies are worse.
Seriously this is how you see the world? How much teams spend and one weeks results are all you need to decide?

Marlins were considered a potential playoff team after their surge last year. They probably should have spent a little but I don't know if they are ever going to invest. At least I know the Rockies will invest somewhat if the youth starts taking over and getting them into this position. I'd much rather back the Rockies to succeed more after next year.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Seriously this is how you see the world? How much teams spend and one weeks results are all you need to decide?

Marlins were considered a potential playoff team after their surge last year. They probably should have spent a little but I don't know if they are ever going to invest. At least I know the Rockies will invest somewhat if the youth starts taking over and getting them into this position. I'd much rather back the Rockies to succeed more after next year.
Yep this is how i see the world. Decades of doddering incompetence with 1 lucky world series appearance that culminated in a sweep, with ownership that spends money but gets nothing in return just because they value yes men and nepotism.

The Rockies are the worst team in baseball.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
I also think it is hilarious you accused me of only using 1 week of data and then did the exact same thing with the Marlins.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Just bought a PSA 10 Wemby rookie card the other day.
Bro I am loaded the f*** up in this category. Very very rarely do I go all out for players (especially with how expensive cards have gotten over the past few years), but Wemby is an exception. If he stays healthy he will redefine the center position and the league.

Reactions: AvsWraith

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How good is this upcoming draft for the MLB? And where would the Rockies prospect pool be ranked as of now compared to the rest of the MLB?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad