OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It’s really Scottie’s to lose but I’d love a Homa run at it. His swing is so pure
Homa/Aberg is about as pure of a swing pairing as you can get too! Those two playing a final round at Augusta while in contention is about as perfect of viewing experience as you can get in golf.

But yeah… if Scottie keeps to just one three putt, I don’t see how he loses. His tee to green game is as dominant as anybody who has ever really played. It’s absurd really.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Homa/Aberg is about as pure of a swing pairing as you can get too! Those two playing a final round at Augusta while in contention is about as perfect of viewing experience as you can get in golf.

But yeah… if Scottie keeps to just one three putt, I don’t see how he loses. His tee to green game is as dominant as anybody who has ever really played. It’s absurd really.

Aberg probably has my favorite swing in golf right now. He could definitely make a run.

I’m pumped. We need a great Sunday finish at Augusta, it’s been awhile.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Aberg probably has my favorite swing in golf right now. He could definitely make a run.

I’m pumped. We need a great Sunday finish at Augusta, it’s been awhile.
Yeah it is clear he’s gonna be a star. Not only the swing, but just absurdly good course management too. He just doesn’t make stupid mistakes. A young Adam Scott with a higher ceiling. I could easily see a handful of majors with his game.

Reactions: GeoRox89

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Yeah it is clear he’s gonna be a star. Not only the swing, but just absurdly good course management too. He just doesn’t make stupid mistakes. A young Adam Scott with a higher ceiling. I could easily see a handful of majors with his game.
Hope he wins. Would be such a great story. Don’t watch a lot of golf other than the Masters but Aberg has been a joy to watch to the point I might tune in more just to see him play

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Hopefully these 5 days of rest benefit old man Reggie Jackson. Insane that he played in all 82 games and started 23; he turns 34 in a few days. He clearly wore down as the season went along but we couldn't rest him because Jamal got hurt, Pickett isn't ready, and they used up too many of Gillespie's 50 games early in the season.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If Scottie can ever putt at a half decent level, he’ll be Tiger level dominant. Probably not for nearly as long but a year or two… he has that in him.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
If Scottie can ever putt at a half decent level, he’ll be Tiger level dominant. Probably not for nearly as long but a year or two… he has that in him.

Scottie is gonna be a problem.

Hopefully Aberg stays on top of his game and challenges him the next few years. I’m not sure who else in golf right now can match Scottie.

Rory is cooked. JT and Jordan are well past their windows. Hovland is lost. Rahm and Brooks didn’t show up.

And of course Xander and Cantlay are house cats and will never get it done.

Last edited:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Nuggets played the seeding role perfectly, getting the #2 is exactly where they want to be. Play the Pels or Lakers first round and let a lot of the dangerous teams go to the other bracket. This sets up exactly like last year. Whichever team they play in the second round are the only teams that probably concenrn them in the West and they should be pretty solid favorites over either.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Hopefully Aberg stays on top of his game and challenges him the next few years. I’m not sure who else in golf right now can match Scottie.

Rory is cooked. JT and Jordan are well past their windows. Hovland is lost. Rahm and Brooks didn’t show up.

And of course Xander and Cantlay are house cats and will never get it done.
We will see about that. There was a phase when Spieth looked above the fray every time he teed off and then it was Brooks scared the field in any major. Guys can be dominant for 18-24 months and then someone comes along and seems to knock them off their game and it becomes a lot more balanced. I doubt this will continue on much longer.

What would really be insane is if LIV put up like 500m or whatever it takes to get him. That would absolutely wreck the PGA.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

What is bizarre/amazing is that he really didn’t play all that well. Out of his last 4 tournaments, I’d argue he played this one the worst… and still he just took on the field. If he could putt, he’d win 2 or 3 majors this year easily. He just waited everyone out for a few days and when they made mistakes, he stepped on their throat. It looks like an amazing finish was in store at the start of amen corner… and by 12 it was over. Legit impressive.

I think Rory will get another, but I can’t see it at Augusta. Brooks only seems to have it for ~10-12 rounds a year now, he’s just gotta get them lined up on a major weekend. I don’t know what Hovland did this winter, but he’s gotta stop.

Rahm severely disappointed me this week… I was hoping he’d show well, but since his move it feels like off the course is just getting to him and he’s not able to separate.

Right now though… it really feels close to the Tiger era. Where there are players who can beat Scottie, but they have to play perfect and Scottie has to stumble a bit. If he’s on, he’s winning. If they stumble at all, he’s winning.

We will see about that. There was a phase when Spieth looked above the fray every time he teed off and then it was Brooks scared the field in any major. Guys can be dominant for 18-24 months and then someone comes along and seems to knock them off their game and it becomes a lot more balanced. I doubt this will continue on much longer.

What would really be insane is if LIV put up like 500m or whatever it takes to get him. That would absolutely wreck the PGA.
Scottie has already been dominant for 24+ months. He’s won 2 of the last 9 majors. Had 3 other top 5s and a top 10. He has 9 wins since the start of 22. His margin on the golf rankings between #1 and #2 is the most since Tiger.

The lone nemesis of his is The Open… and he still has a top 10 finish in that event.

In Speith’s prime, he was still very erratic. Just a ton of wild, hold on to your butt moments. It is good to have his bag of tricks, but relying on them is not for long term success.

I think the closest to Scottie’s recent run is probably early Rory… and even then Scottie just has been a machine since we flipped into 2022. He’s been ranked one or two for two years now and been 1 for over 80 weeks in that span. He’d have to fall into some really bad performances to fall from #1 before he passes Faldo for 5th all time.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
18 out of 100 NBA MVP 1st place votes are known.

15 are for Jokic, 2 are for SGA, 1 is for Luka.

The three guys who didn't vote for Joker so far? Chris Broussard, Kendrick Perkins, and Stephen A. Smith. Not shocking.

Reactions: katfude

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Up to 20 MVP ballots.

17 for Jokic, 2 for SGA, 1 for Luka.

That's 1/5th of the votes in and Jokic has 85% of the vote. MVP is in the bag.

Reactions: Pokecheque

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Zion playing really well and then gets injured, that sucks.

Nuggets in 4 still

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Hope our guys are resting well.

Reggie turned 34 today and played 82 games this year, Holiday turned 35 a couple weeks back, MPJ played 20 more regular season games than he ever has, KCP is 32 and finished the season with some bumps and bruises. Hopefully the five and a half days of rest makes a difference while the older, less rested Lakers come into the altitude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad