OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I think it's funny the Broncos saw Devontae Booker has done so much in the NFL, they decided to pick another Booker in the 3rd in Royce Freeman.

Thought they did well in the draft though.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I think it's funny the Broncos saw Devontae Booker has done so much in the NFL, they decided to pick another Booker in the 3rd in Royce Freeman.

That's exactly how I see the Chubb-Shane Ray thing too. Not demeaning Chubb; he's probably going to be great. But wow - flip Ray during the draft for a 2nd/3rd rounder and let's get a G in here.

I guess devil's advocate though - when they have spent draft picks on OL, they've been horrible. So maybe we should just keep drafting RBs, OLBs, CBs and slot WR's every year.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
That's exactly how I see the Chubb-Shane Ray thing too. Not demeaning Chubb; he's probably going to be great. But wow - flip Ray during the draft for a 2nd/3rd rounder and let's get a G in here.

I guess devil's advocate though - when they have spent draft picks on OL, they've been horrible. So maybe we should just keep drafting RBs, OLBs, CBs and slot WR's every year.
I think both Freeman and Booker will be (is?) awful, Booker has shown nothing in the NFL and I don't see much difference between him and Freeman.

Speaking of OL in the later rounds, I'm surprised Tyrell Crosby went in the 5th round. Thought he would go higher.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I think both Freeman and Booker will be (is?) awful, Booker has shown nothing in the NFL and I don't see much difference between him and Freeman.

Speaking of OL in the later rounds, I'm surprised Tyrell Crosby went in the 5th round. Thought he would go higher.

I think Freeman projects to be a more bruising RB.

I agree that Booker has been fairly meh so far.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Haven’t met almost anyone that likes Freeman as a prospect.

He sounds a lot like Montee Ball though. Is that off base?

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Haven’t met almost anyone that likes Freeman as a prospect.

He sounds a lot like Montee Ball though. Is that off base?

Freeman is bigger and faster. A 4.54 40 is not bad for a 230 lb back.

The only commonality between the two that I’ve read, is that they both came out of college with quite a bit of mileage on them.

Let’s hope there are a number of differences between the two, including that Freeman doesn’t hit women.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Interesting article from Klis on 9 news about Broncos draft -

- They had soured on Mayfield and would have passed on him if he was there at 5

- They had Chubb and Barkley listed as equals, both the best players out of the entire draft

- The Broncos wanted Darnold as their QB but their #2/2a options were Chubb/Barkley. Had none of those players been there, they had a deal in place with the Bills for 12, 22 and a second. Denver would have sent a 3rd back in addition to their 1st.

- The Colts tried to trade up from 6 to 5 and take Chubb but Broncos declined.

- Broncos would have targeted Ward, Roquan and Nelson probably with a Bills pick. All 3 of them were gone though if the Broncos had pulled the trigger on that.

Reactions: Pokecheque

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Interesting article from Klis on 9 news about Broncos draft -

- They had soured on Mayfield and would have passed on him if he was there at 5

- They had Chubb and Barkley listed as equals, both the best players out of the entire draft

- The Broncos wanted Darnold as their QB but their #2/2a options were Chubb/Barkley. Had none of those players been there, they had a deal in place with the Bills for 12, 22 and a second. Denver would have sent a 3rd back in addition to their 1st.

- The Colts tried to trade up from 6 to 5 and take Chubb but Broncos declined.

- Broncos would have targeted Ward, Roquan and Nelson probably with a Bills pick. All 3 of them were gone though if the Broncos had pulled the trigger on that.

I’m glad we got Chubb. I really really liked him going into the draft.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Mammoth home playoff game this Saturday at 7:00 against the Calgary Roughnecks. Single elimination.

There are no words strong enough to express the level of hatred I have for the Roughnecks. We're talking Raiders/Red Wings level hate here.

The Mammoth and Roughnecks have met 9 times previously in the playoffs:
2004: Calgary 13, Colorado 11 (Calgary went on to win Championship that year)
2006: Colorado 18, Calgary 17 (Colorado went on to win Championship that year)
2008: Calgary 15, Colorado 13
2009: Calgary 15, Colorado 8 (Calgary went on to win Championship that year)
2011: Calgary 10, Colorado 6
2013: Calgary 15, Colorado 10
2014: Calgary 16, Colorado 15 (Overtime)
2015: Calgary 11, Colorado 6
2016: Calgary 11, Colorado 10 (Overtime)

1-8 for the good guys.

If you've never been to a Mammoth game, I highly recommend this one. Playoff game against our most bitter rivals, gonna be a great atmosphere.

When the road team has their players introduced the entire Pepsi Center either boos mercilessly, stands up and turns their backs to the field, or both. It's so much fun.

Reactions: Pokecheque

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
All these Golden Boy boxing cards on ESPN are a joke.

First they trotted some tomato can coming off a two year layoff and moving up two weight classes to fight Spike O'Sullivan. No mas after the third.

And the second fight is a 12-0 woman against a 1-6 38 year old.

The main event had better deliver.

De La Hoya as a promoter has been horrible for boxing. His fighters are dirty, he feeds them patsies, he destroyed the credibility of the Ring lineal title.

Showtime, PBC, HBO, Top Rank all put on better cards than Golden Boy on their worst day.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Game day

Surely I'm not setting myself up for yet another soul-crushing disappointment!

C'mon Mammoth, get this one

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Gonna be a long summer the way the Rockies and the Outlaws (currently 1-2) have looked so far.

Of course, a few years back the Outlaws started 2-6 and then ran the table to win the title.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
All these Golden Boy boxing cards on ESPN are a joke.

First they trotted some tomato can coming off a two year layoff and moving up two weight classes to fight Spike O'Sullivan. No mas after the third.

And the second fight is a 12-0 woman against a 1-6 38 year old.

The main event had better deliver.

De La Hoya as a promoter has been horrible for boxing. His fighters are dirty, he feeds them patsies, he destroyed the credibility of the Ring lineal title.

Showtime, PBC, HBO, Top Rank all put on better cards than Golden Boy on their worst day.

It's not about putting up good fights, it's about Oscar showcasing his fighters on a national stage by letting them beat the shit out of guys. It's designed to let Oscars fighters look good so they can set up bigger ppv cards down the line

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Canelo still hasn't been stripped of the Ring middleweight title.

Here is Canelo's history with the title
November 2015: won Ring, lineal, and WBC middleweight titles vs Miguel Cotto, wins by UD
May 2015: defended Ring, lineal, and WBC middleweight titles vs Amir Khan, wins by KO
May 2015: vacated WBC middleweight title to avoid fighting interim champ Gennady Golovkin
September 2016: dropped down to junior middleweight to fight WBO champion Liam Smith, wins by KO
May 2017: stripped of lineal middleweight championship by TBRB for not fighting in his weight class
May 2017: fights Julio Caesar Chavez Jr at catchweight, wins by UD
May 2017: vacates WBO junior middleweight championship to go back to middleweight
September 2017: defends Ring championship vs Golovkin, gets draw that he clearly lost
February 2018: tests positive twice for PEDs
April 2018: suspended six months by Nevada State Athletic convention

Since knocking out Amir Khan he's had two fights outside his weight class, a draw he clearly lost, won a title in a lower weight class, vacated the WBC title to duck a prime GGG, been stripped of the lineal middleweight title for inactivity, and been suspended for PEDs. And he's still Ring middleweight champion.

But he's a Golden Boy fighter and Golden Boy owns the Ring.

It's a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille