OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
My guys I want in the second - (no particular order)

CB Joshua Jackson (replacement for Talib)
CB Donte Jackson (same)
WR Courtland Sutton (DT's eventual replacement, move Sanders to slot)
WR James Washington (go opposite route and just draft the slot guy)
TE Dallas Goedert
RB Nick Chubb (don't think they will go RB, but if they do I like Chubb)

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

CB Donte Jackson (same)
TE Dallas Goedert

Isn't RB our most notable 'hole or open position' with having released CJ Anderson?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think they're really high on Booker. I disagree with that assessment (that Booker is all that great...), but I've heard it from multiple sources

Same. I don't think he's bad, but he doesn't wow me at all. If were going RB I really like Guice.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

CB Donte Jackson (same)
TE Dallas Goedert

Guessing you're happy with this pick?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
oh yeah I think it's solid. I mean Sutton has the size to be a #1 receiver.

I've always disagreed with paying two WR's a boatload of money. That problem will be corrected next year if either one of DT/Sanders doesn't perform.

I like that there's some competition for both DT and Sanders now. That competition and drive will help improve Keenum's ability to succeed. And I love that we will finally be able to field a 3 WR set. McCoy forced the 3 WR set every game he called and it never ever worked because they didn't have the personnel to do it.

Reactions: Bender

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
round 2 seemed like all WR and CBs

Rudolph still on the board which is surprising. I was pretty convinced Pats would take him

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I like the Sutton pick and bringing competition/3rd WR into the fold. But so far I'm not a big fan of the other choices the Broncos have made.

Looks like Chubb was brought on because Barrett/Ray are both likely on their last years (could be wrong about that but I'm 80% sure Ray's option is up at the end of this year and they just retained Barrett for one more). Then they pick a CB to compete with Langley....I guess that one's alright because they lost Talib.

Just wondering how they fill these other roster spots.....they still need a G...they definitely need a TE to compete with Heuerman and Butt....they need a ILB and probably one interior DT/DE type

Outside of Sutton it just seems like they are bringing in competition to spots on the roster where they've previously drafted and maybe don't feel like their previous picks are panning out? It's a little troubling....I see where they definitely want legit starters on their roster (CB, OLB, WR) but they've got really poor quality starters in some other areas of the roster - they don't seem to care about those though I guess. With the Chubb pick I don't know if it's competition or if it's just a statement that we're not going to pay Ray or Barrett...if you're not going to pay your draft picks, then why invest the draft capital?

/rant

:)

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Ok, another WR?... No Tyrell Crosby or Desmond Hamilton. Sure, we don't really need an O-line in the AFC West.....

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Seattle got a steal with Michael Dickson in the 5th round, he's been Texas' MVP for past couple of years.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
No O Line help= it's going to be a long season... and maybe a short one for Case.

UDFA signings for the Broncos

Jeff Holland, OLB, Auburn
Leon Johnson, OT, Temple
Phillip Linsday, RB, Colorado
Lowell Lotulelei, DT, Utah
Trey Marshall, S, Florida State
Austin Schlottman, C, TCU
Jimmy Williams, WR, East Carolina

The Broncos drafted Sam Jones?

queen_flashb.jpg

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
They drafted a couple of pretty big RBs. I liked the Sutton, Freeman, and Jewell picks.

Not very pleased they didn't address the OL. Would have liked to see one of the 3rd round picks used there.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I like the Sutton pick and bringing competition/3rd WR into the fold. But so far I'm not a big fan of the other choices the Broncos have made.

Looks like Chubb was brought on because Barrett/Ray are both likely on their last years (could be wrong about that but I'm 80% sure Ray's option is up at the end of this year and they just retained Barrett for one more). Then they pick a CB to compete with Langley....I guess that one's alright because they lost Talib.

Just wondering how they fill these other roster spots.....they still need a G...they definitely need a TE to compete with Heuerman and Butt....they need a ILB and probably one interior DT/DE type

Outside of Sutton it just seems like they are bringing in competition to spots on the roster where they've previously drafted and maybe don't feel like their previous picks are panning out? It's a little troubling....I see where they definitely want legit starters on their roster (CB, OLB, WR) but they've got really poor quality starters in some other areas of the roster - they don't seem to care about those though I guess. With the Chubb pick I don't know if it's competition or if it's just a statement that we're not going to pay Ray or Barrett...if you're not going to pay your draft picks, then why invest the draft capital?

/rant

:)

Kiszla wrote an article in the DPost this morning, and it was a pretty good one. He talked about the Broncos coaching, and the seeming inability for Joseph (and the coaching staff) to give young players meaningful time on the field so they can develop their game. Worth a read.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I see a lot of people wondering/questioning the lack of offensive lineman picks by Elway. To this I say Rome wasn't built in a day. Everyone told the Avs Sakic/Roy that we had to get a dman with the number 1 pick in 2013, but we took MacKinnon and look how that is turning out. And down the line we ended up getting guys like Girard, Makar, Timmins, Meloche etc. If you don't force picks to fit needs, good things tend to happen down the road.

Elway actually did very well in this draft. He didn't get suckered and avoided the QB in Rd 1 as most of them are going to end up being average to below average.

Walked away with hands down the best defensive player in the draft in Chubb. We got ourselves another big time player on defense.

Grabbed arguably the best WR in the draft in Sutton at pick 40. I don't think right away he will be the best, but he has the highest ceiling IMO of any WR this year.

Got a durable and productive RB in Freeman and a very high upside CB in Yiadom.

Nabbed some high character guys/team captains in the 4th round in Jewell and Hamilton. Don't sleep on these two picks at one of these two will make a solid impact next season. I rather grab a high character guy like Hamilton with big time college production than grab an average middle of the run O-line. Never under-estimate high character/hard workers and what they can provide to a locker room.

Once you get into rounds 5,6,7 you're just hoping to get some guys that can play backup roles or special teams. And personally Fumagali and Jones are not too bad of picks both have a shot to be solid backups year 1. After that I'm not 100% familiar with either guy but hopefully they come in and compete.

As UDFA we killed it there too. Holland is a huge get, how this guy didn't get drafted is beyond me. Lindsey is a very hard worker and I'd never count him out. I've heard good things about the two offensive linemen Schlottmann and Johnson. So you never know.

Point still remains that, yes, the Broncos have some large holes still on O-line, QB, cover LBs, coach etc. But we just have to keep adding to the team piece by piece. A turn around isn't going to happen overnight for the Broncos, there were just too many holes. But if we keep adding pieces 3 years from now we could look pretty good again. This draft was a good start, now we have to continue to build. It was nice for once to see us not reach for guys because of positional need and instead just take guys who produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad