Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I wouldn't rule out Mayfield.

I think Elway would pass on Rosen.

Given how Elway has drafted QBs in the past, he has tended to like bigger, toolsy QBs even if they need (lots) work. That describes Allen pretty well and not Mayfield at all.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'll preface by saying I became a fan of Case Keenum, the person, when watching Hard Knocks with the Rams 2 years ago. The guy knew exactly what his role was and why he was brought in, and still did everything he could (it appeared) to help Goff and the Rams out.

That said--I sure as hell hope Denver doesn't think that they don't have to draft a QB at 5 now, if someone like Rosen/Darnold are there (I'm not sold on Allen, and Mayfield kind of scares me). It's always possible that Keenum is an extremely late bloomer, but I would say the odds of that being the case are considerably stacked against him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't know anything about the guy personally, nor would I ever hold anything against him if he's awful. It's just that... he's awful. I don't know what Denver is trying to do here, really.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Hey, it could be worse than signing Keenum, Arizona went from being a rumored team in the mix for Cousins to having Mike Glennon "on their radar"...so yeah, there's that.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
So Allen to the Broncos is gonna happen now... y'all have fun with that...

Yes, that's dicey. But that could be what happens when a team doesn't properly draft/develop players.

In the end, I don't think Cousins would have mattered - in this upcoming season anyway. With a good QB last season, would Denver have been a playoff team? Maybe, but if so, only marginally. They have massive holes all over the roster.

As it stands right now, Denver is weak at OT, OG, TE, DE, ILB, KR; then average (at best) at WR, RB, DT. We'll see where QB lands. There are a lot of positions of need on this team, and I'm not even bringing up the coach.

They are strong at OLB, starting CB, and possibly S. That's really it.

Also, there is quality depth almost nowhere on the roster outside of OLB (though lack of depth at a given position is a malady that exists on many teams in the league). Denver needs a pretty damn big influx of talent at a lot of positions. I don't see how it can happen in one offseason. They have got to start hitting on these 2nd-4th round draft picks.

As you all know, I'm not as well versed as many of you are on all NFL matters but I'm watching more and more and learning.

Isn't drafting Josh Allen like drafting a big NHL d-man with a canon for a shot even though he can't hit the net?? [or maybe it's like trading a 3rd round pick for Eric Gelinas? ;)]

Should Elway consider maybe trading #5 to Buffalo for #12 & #22 to finally address the awful O-Line?

#12 - M. McGlinchey, LT
#22 - W. Hernandez, G
#40 - S. Michel, RB
#71 - L. Vander Esch, ILB
#99 - M. White, QB

Lol...I don't really know what I'm talking about...but I did like Mike White in the Senior Bowl.

Reactions: 5280

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
As you all know, I'm not as well versed as many of you are on all NFL matters but I'm watching more and more and learning.

Isn't drafting Josh Allen like drafting a big NHL d-man with a canon for a shot even though he can't hit the net?? [or maybe it's like trading a 3rd round pick for Eric Gelinas? ;)]

Should Elway consider maybe trading #5 to Buffalo for #12 & #22 to finally address the awful O-Line?

#12 - M. McGlinchey, LT
#22 - W. Hernandez, G
#40 - S. Michel, RB
#99 - M. White, QB

Lol...I don't really know what I'm talking about...but I did like Mike White in the Senior Bowl.

I love this. I wouldn't draft any of those QB's at #5 to be honest. I'm done with reaching for a QB.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think Case is taking way too much shit here. He's not garbage. He's not great, but he's certainly not garbage. He's the best QB the Broncos have seen since PM was good. He's better than superbowl season PM/Brock.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

#12 - M. McGlinchey, LT
#22 - W. Hernandez, G
#40 - S. Michel, RB
#99 - M. White, QB

Not a chance LVE makes it to 71, he’s going top 20 at least.

Allen is like drafting Griffen Reinhart and Samuel Morin. Supposed to have potential and all the physical skills, but never proved a thing.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Get on board on the Lamar Jackson train

Seriously, if you're gonna draft a project that needs a lot of work, pick him instead of Allen and Darnold.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
jimmy-garoppolo-super-bowl-pay.jpg
Yeah well, John Lynch is resting his whole GM career on this move. If Garoppolo bombs Lynch is probably out of a job. It's a risky move that may or may not pay off.

There are too many examples of QBs getting huge deals with minimal starting experience, that just bomb. And these types of moves crush a GMs reputation.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

That seems a bit aggressive to me. He won't go before Smith (certainly) or Evans (probably), and I seriously doubt that 3 ILBs will be selected in the top 20 of the draft.

I sure hope not. At least not with that first pick.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Allen is like drafting Griffen Reinhart and Samuel Morin. Supposed to have potential and all the physical skills, but never proved a thing.

So I'm hoping Cleveland takes him...1 or 4, it don't matter to me.

Leave Rosen or Darnold to the Broncos at 5.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Case Keenum is garbage. Here's to another season of no playoffs.

Broncos have too many holes to fill to make the playoffs, regardless of Keenum. They are really quite substandard at a number of positions.

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City

#12 - M. McGlinchey, LT
#22 - W. Hernandez, G
#40 - S. Michel, RB
#99 - M. White, QB

This is what they should do... fixing the ol makes everything look better on Offense

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That seems a bit aggressive to me. He won't go before Smith (certainly) or Evans (probably), and I seriously doubt that 3 ILBs will be selected in the top 20 of the draft.

I sure hope not. At least not with that first pick.

He’s getting interest from teams as high as 8 (Chicago), but the interest really heats up at 19 with the Cowboys. A team will likely have to trade up past them to snag him.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Wow I’m honestly shocked at the hate on King

What’s a good journalist to you guys? Schefter and Klis both have their lips tied to the Broncos brass (or another noun there). I think there’s a fine grey line there. You have to be cordial and a little bit of a brown noser to get breaking stories from teams. I admit you can overdo that but I don’t see King quite that far. If your on the other end of the spectrum and just rail on your team and the league, you’re not going to be left with much. A good example of a guy who’s just out to derail the team 24x7 is DMac on the fan. It doesn’t get him very far.

Wright Thompson?? I guess that's a pretty mainstream call, but most of his work is really good. Jonah Keri (formerly of Grantland) is quite good as well. Schefter is an alright insider, but he suffers from the same access journalism problems that Peter King does.

Most guys on TV suck, although I have and will continue to be a fan of Max Kellerman, even though they now have him on first take where Stephen A. screams nonsense at him for hours every morning.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

Seriously, if you're gonna draft a project that needs a lot of work, pick him instead of Allen and Darnold.
Totally agree, I think the biggest fear about Jackson is that he has literally the exact same playstyle and body type of RGIII, and we saw how well that held up.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Eww no to Jackson. I think it’d make sense for the Panthers to draft him(for the most part) and make him the back up. Then they don’t have to completely change the offense when Derek Anderson comes in. Plus the trick plays they could run in a wildcat with Lamar and Cam in could be pretty awesome.

Reactions: 5280

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

l.
That's the kind of getting cute that burned Cleveland even though they have MONEYBALL.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Case Keenum is garbage. Here's to another season of no playoffs.

I wouldn't say he's garbage but I have a hard time believing he can repeat what he did last season. I watched every single snap he took and while he played well for the most part, Mike Zimmer wasn't wrong when he said Keenum was playing with a horseshoe. Everything went perfectly for him and one could argue he's now going to a team with a worse OC, WRs, TE, running game, and defense.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Wow, Green Bay picking up Jimmy Graham and simultaneously releasing Jordy Nelson...watch Nelson go to New England and show he's still got some juice left, because Belichick is able to pull shit like that off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad