OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The Rams have the two biggest POS as their corners.

Ha - I was thinking the exact same thing.

Peters must be really bad. Even the exec that drafted Peters (he’s now in Indy) wasn’t interested at all in talking trade for him. Now Peters is right next to a veteran who will probably encourage him to be even more of a prick.

Reactions: BrickAHL

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
There’s a reason the Hawks are resigning Earl Thomas and dumping Sherman. They’re making the right choice.

That team is going through a wholesale change though. Can’t blame them - they desperately need to spend some change to protect Russell Wilson and give him some safety blankets. I’m not a Wilson fan but he’s an amazing athlete who just gets absolutely crushed every game.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
There’s a reason the Hawks are resigning Earl Thomas and dumping Sherman. They’re making the right choice.

That team is going through a wholesale change though. Can’t blame them - they desperately need to spend some change to protect Russell Wilson and give him some safety blankets. I’m not a Wilson fan but he’s an amazing athlete who just gets absolutely crushed every game.

Curious on why? He's one of the more classier guys in the league.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Because Thomas is the much better player

Oh you meant Wilson - not sure why really. Just was never a fan but I respect the hell outta his game. He’s a lethal weapon when the pocket breaks down and the DBs and LBs are 10 yards downfield

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yeah ET is definitely the rock of our defense, I absolutely love Sherman and loved Lynch, but our team without Thomas is worse off than without Sherman.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Tyrod Taylor to the Browns

Reports that the Broncos and Cardinals both put in offers.

Reading between the lines - Kirk Cousins is going to the Jets or Vikings

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I read something yesterday that the Broncos went after Keenum when he was with the Rams.

Makes sense - Gary Kubiak is the guy who brought Keenum along into this league.

I will happily take Teddy Bridgewater as a consolation prize in the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
The problem to me is that there really aren't any good options out there. I'd take a flyer on Foles. Maybe he is a late bloomer. I don't have any idea if he would fit into our system, though.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Mammoth beat the Roughnecks tonight at Pepsi Center, 8-7.

In doing so they clinched a playoff spot.

One down, two to go. I'm so ready to see an Avs, Nuggets, and Mammoth playoff game live in the same season.

Reactions: 5280

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The problem to me is that there really aren't any good options out there. I'd take a flyer on Foles. Maybe he is a late bloomer. I don't have any idea if he would fit into our system, though.

Almost every one of these dudes out there is a bridge guy. If they’re asking for a #1 for Foles I say hell no.

But what you’re hoping for is that we get a good bridge guy in FA, a solid rookie QB, and then the Broncos are in the same position next year that the Eagles are in right now with Foles (ie everyone wants our bridge guy)

Reactions: 5280

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Jokic seems to have figured out that he doesn't need to change his play style to accommodate Millsap; rather, Millsap is more than willing to adjust to Jokic's game. As a result the two of them have looked a lot more in-sync the last couple games. Very good sign.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Peter King’s MMQB weekly column is such a good read.

If you’re into football and don’t read it every Monday - you should. I love his journalism talents. It’s so difficult to find talented writers anymore. King will probably never leave SI but I wish he’d go to the Athletic. I’m slowly phasing ESPN out of my life completely.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Peter King’s MMQB weekly column is such a good read.

If you’re into football and don’t read it every Monday - you should. I love his journalism talents. It’s so difficult to find talented writers anymore. King will probably never leave SI but I wish he’d go to the Athletic. I’m slowly phasing ESPN out of my life completely.

he's a good story teller and writer.

i can't stand his hindsight takes, lying (usually to make NFL look good) and some terrible football opinions that guy at his position shouldn't have (''it makes no sense that defenses get tired faster than offense, patriots were just in better condition than the falcons'')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad