OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'm getting way too optimistic about the Nuggets. Think they already have their Big 3 with Jokic, Murray and Harris. The back court is great. Really the next step is getting the young guys seasoned and locked don long term.

And how insane is that 2014 draft looking about now. They got Kurkic, Harris and Jokic and traded for Aflalo who they traded for Barton.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm getting way too optimistic about the Nuggets. Think they already have their Big 3 with Jokic, Murray and Harris. The back court is great. Really the next step is getting the young guys seasoned and locked don long term.

And how insane is that 2014 draft looking about now. They got Kurkic, Harris and Jokic and traded for Aflalo who they traded for Barton.

In the NBA it just seems like you only need to really hit paydirt on 1-2 guys and you’re golden as long as you can add one more semi-star in FA.

I really want to see what Milsap does for this team when he finds his role. Feels like he still is trying to figure out how all of the puzzle fits.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Deontay Wilder is a scary, scary man. He took a barrage of absolute BOMBS from Luis Ortiz in the 7th but recovered for a 10th round KO. He's now 40-0-0 with 39 KOs. He defended his WBC Heavyweight Championship for the 7th time.

Hopefully he gets the winner of the Anthony Joshua vs Joseph Parker WBA/IBF/WBO/IBO Heavyweight Championship unification fight on March 31.

Since a hypothetical Wilder vs Joshua/Parker fight would be the #1 vs #2, it would also be for the vacant lineal championship and Ring Magazine Championship as well as the WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO/IBO. Then we'd have a true undisputed heavyweight champion for the first time since Buster Douglas knocked out Mike Tyson.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Wilder is the best heavyweight we’ve had definitely in a while.

I wanted to watch the fight but didn’t get a chance to. Might have to catch a replay somehow.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Joshua will definitely be able to land punches on Wilder.

The question is, how will Joshua's conditioning and chin hold up? Because Joshua is much more technically sound.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Joshua will definitely be able to land punches on Wilder.

The question is, how will Joshua's conditioning and chin hold up? Because Joshua is much more technically sound.

Wilder didn't really look like he had a lot of answers early in the fight. He doesn't have the ability to come forward and break down a counterpuncher. When exchanges are 50-50 Wilder always wins because of his power. Wilder makes a lot of mistakes, biggest problem for Joshua is that he doesn't have any head movement and he needs to get Wilder to miss on some of his free-swinging haymakers. I think Joshua is a way better fighter than Wilder, but Wilder has a natural physical advantage like no other on the planet right now. I do think Joshua would win, not sure the fight would go over 5.

FWIW I would take Fury over Wilder, as that matchup is horrible for Wilder, and 50-50 with Joshua.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I think the biggest reason Wilder struggled early on is that Ortiz is the best defensive southpaw he's ever seen, by a wide margin. Wilder couldn't time his jab, and Wilder is at his best when he can land that left jab immediately followed by a straight power right.

I don't think Tyson Fury is that good. The Wlad Klitschko he fought looked done. The guy Joshua beat later was also done, but seemingly reinvigorated by his awful performance against Fury.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
He's a mind-blowing athlete, but doesn't change the fact the Browns need to draft Rosen first.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on who they think is the best QB. They could draft Barkley at 1, NYG takes the best QB prospect (any of Darnold/Allen/Rosen), Indy takes Chubb, and then the Browns could take one of the two left over choices from NYG...or Baker Mayfield. Then the Broncos can get a nice QB prospect if they want.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I think the biggest reason Wilder struggled early on is that Ortiz is the best defensive southpaw he's ever seen, by a wide margin. Wilder couldn't time his jab, and Wilder is at his best when he can land that left jab immediately followed by a straight power right.

I don't think Tyson Fury is that good. The Wlad Klitschko he fought looked done. The guy Joshua beat later was also done, but seemingly reinvigorated by his awful performance against Fury.

Fury would take Wilder because he's got good movement and can keep Wilder missing, especially if he comes back in better shape.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
He's a mind-blowing athlete, but doesn't change the fact the Browns need to draft Rosen first.

The rumors out that the Browns like Allen the most out of any of the QB’s. I don’t know if that’s smoke or real, but it’s just what’s out there a lot by the Browns. If it’s smoke, their PR people are doing a great job.

Having the unique situation of #1 and the #4, I only take a QB at 1 if I am just dead set on a QB as 100% my guy. They’re gonna have multiple options at 4. After watching all these QBs I got reservations about all of them. Still think Rosen is the best but I’m pretty conflicted that he’s head and shoulders above everyone else. It sounds like Allen has really closed the gap (?) but Allen terrifies the hell outta me. I’m shocked that NFL people are drooling over him.

Free agency feels like it’s going to be totally overrated but this draft has a lot of intrigue!

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Free agency feels like it’s going to be totally overrated but this draft has a lot of intrigue!

No doubt. I'm an admitted NFL draft geek, and I think that what Cousins does can/will really drastically affect this draft.

If Cousins signs in Arizona or Minnesota, the potential changes won't be quite as drastic. However, if Cousins signs in Cleveland, that could really rock the boat as far as this draft goes. Same thing to a lesser extent: Broncos or Jets.

But even without the Cousins effect, this draft has a lot of possibilities. 3 of the 5 teams picking in the first 6 spots desperately need a QB, as does the team picking 21/22. There may be some big draft picks moved around, just to move up a spot or three.

And don't count out Indianapolis either. Most mocks have them drafting the pass rusher out of NC State. If Barkley is taken in the top 2 and Indy has no chance at him, then neither Denver nor Cleveland really need that OLB/DE position filled (at least not more than other positions). Indy could move down a spot or two, get some good assets, and still get Chubb. Should be fun.

And now, AB throwing out an unlikely shot in the dark to really throw the draft onto its ass: Denver trades its 5th overall, Shane Ray, some other high pick assets.......for Andrew Luck. :D

Last edited:

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Fury would take Wilder because he's got good movement and can keep Wilder missing, especially if he comes back in better shape.
Wilder is more athletic. He can chase Fury down.

I really think if Ortiz weren't a southpaw Wilder would have dispatched him by the fourth round.

I don't think Fury can beat Joshua or Wilder.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
As much as I like Saquon, picking him over Rosen with #1 pick is so dumb the Browns would actually do it.

Also hope Isaiah Oliver goes high in the draft, think he’s better than both Awuzie and Ahkello for CU CBs.

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
I think I liked the Nuggets better without Plumlee and Milsap.
Both are stupid signing, super overpayments. Nuggets play so much better without those two. Since Millsap return the whole has play horrible. For a combine like 45mils they should have just waited and throw the money at King James...this team will miss the playoffs. Lol.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
combine isn't everything but you should still run a better 40 than roger goodell, no matter how much you weigh or how lazy you are... i'm looking at you orlando brown.

What's worse was his strength test. 14 reps at 225? I'm over twice his age, under half his weight, and I can bench that 4 times.

I wonder if he was out late the night before or something. Those numbers are bad.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Rox bring back CarGo to make Nolan happy. Also because Parra and Desmond sucks so giving them less ABs is good thing and they hate Jordan Patterson.

Future of Colorado sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad