OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Classic rockies bullpen stuff right there.

Team should still be proud of themselves. Everyone wrote them off at the beginning of the year and outside of that one horrible stretch in the middle of the season they basically kept pace right off the Dodgers.

As JWK said, so many "what ifs" in this one. I might cheer for the Diamondbacks for the rest of the playoffs. Is that bad?

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Gary Harris signs a 4 year, 84 million dollar extension with the Nuggets. Excellent news.

Now they just have to sign Jokic.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets will retire the number of Fat Lever this December as part of the team's 50th Anniversary celebration:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20982153/denver-nuggets-retire-number-fat-lever-december-ceremony

So that's three new jerseys that will be hanging from the rafters at Pepsi Center this year:
Milan Hejduk's #23 for the Avs
Fat Lever's #12 for the Nuggets
John Grant Jr's #24 for the Mammoth

All well deserved.

Now that just leaves Ralph Simpson, the leader in points, assists, and steals for the Nuggets during their ABA days. I could also see John Gallant from the Mammoth up there; he was a captain, he was on the title team, and he played from day one until like 2015.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I watched World Cup soccer when South Korea was the host country and had an impressive run. I've also caught a handful of the Women's team heroics, otherwise I try my best to ignore futbol stuff. I guess it's a pretty humiliating thing to have happen but...meh. :dunno:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I watched World Cup soccer when South Korea was the host country and had an impressive run. I've also caught a handful of the Women's team heroics, otherwise I try my best to ignore futbol stuff. I guess it's a pretty humiliating thing to have happen but...meh. :dunno:
Not as humiliating as being a country that gives a flying **** about soccer.:naughty:

Reactions: Pokecheque

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
So apparently USASoccer lost some sort of game.
Good.

This means people at work will be less likely to talk to me about the World Cup.

I'll watch almost any sport. American football, arena football, Canadian football, baseball, hockey, basketball, field lacrosse, box lacrosse, boxing, MMA, pro wrestling (not really a sport but meh), the Olympics... but I just can't stand soccer. It would be salvageable if they used a real clock system, eliminated ties, and actually cracked down on flopping but they never will.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
It's still adorable when Americans protest as loudly as possible about soccer. I've never fully understood why they think anybody cares what you don't like?

I don't like the NFL but I don't try to remind everybody of it wherever I go. "Hey hey hey guys! I don't care about the broncos. Really. I don't care!! Did you hear how much I don't care!!"

Occasionally you'll see southern Americans do it about hockey but usually not as vocally. I think it's a cultural signifier thing and both sports represent foreignness but maybe not. Either way.

Such a bizarre cultural trait we have

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
It's still adorable when Americans protest as loudly as possible about soccer. I've never fully understood why they think anybody cares what you don't like?

I don't like the NFL but I don't try to remind everybody of it wherever I go. "Hey hey hey guys! I don't care about the broncos. Really. I don't care!! Did you hear how much I don't care!!"
You haven't spent much time around soccer fans then.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
There are Hockey fans who hate all the foreigners.

Xenophobia isn't the only reason to hate soccer. Hell xenophobia is pretty compatible with being a soccer fan.

That doesn't make sense. It's the most global sport.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
That doesn't make sense. It's the most global sport.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_War

Uruguay+v+Ghana+2010+FIFA+World+Cup+Quarter+J8mtqf2D4Obl.jpg
vdH3N8HBsUg.jpg

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Non-soccer fans love telling people they don’t care about soccer when no one asked.

It’s the opposite “PLEASE LIKE MY SPORT” hockey fans.

Greg Holland declined his player option, see ya. Was a big reason why we made the playoffs, hope he gets a nice contract.

Reactions: Xokkeu

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Non-soccer fans love telling people they don’t care about soccer when no one asked.

It’s the opposite “PLEASE LIKE MY SPORT” hockey fans.

Greg Holland declined his player option, see ya. Was a big reason why we made the playoffs, hope he gets a nice contract.

He is also a big reason why we almost missed. He was one of our best the 1st half, and arguably our worst in the 2nd.

Reactions: chet1926

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
He is also a big reason why we almost missed. He was one of our best the 1st half, and arguably our worst in the 2nd.
Sure, but he was bad for just one month where he cut his finger open.

Got curious and so I checked the fWAR on Rockies players in the 2nd half, Alexi Amarista managed to get -0.5 fWAR in just 62PAs :laugh: Raimel Tapia at -0.4 in 66PAs :(

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Yeah I'm with you, I hope they say see you later to Holland. He was a choke artist in the 2nd half, couldn't get someone out if he tried.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

Occasionally you'll see southern Americans do it about hockey but usually not as vocally. I think it's a cultural signifier thing and both sports represent foreignness but maybe not. Either way.

Such a bizarre cultural trait we have
Yeah, I see you haven’t met SEPH yet :naughty:

I like soccer/futbol or whatever you want to call it...I still can’t figure out how we are so colossally bad at it

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Yeah I'm with you, I hope they say see you later to Holland. He was a choke artist in the 2nd half, couldn't get someone out if he tried.
If he's a choke artist, can you explain to me his 2nd half July stats and September stats?
2nd half July - 1.80 ERA, 1.56 FIP, 12.60 K/9.
Sept- 1.86 ERA, 2.64 FIP, 11.17 K/9

Compare to his 1st half stat of 1.62 ERA, 2.80 FIP, 11.61 K/9

He had one bad month. Doesn't make him a choke artist :laugh:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Rox need to find a way to bolster that bullpen, with or without Holland. And it's always a bit of a risk to give term to a closer, but sooner or later ya gotta take a gamble. Plus, I don't know if there are other viable options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad