HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
1712264261430.png

The new home of the Athletics.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

Elite 8 was a great accomplishment. A disappointing showing, but they ran into a buzz saw and decided to play their worst game of the season when they did. Doesn’t take away from the overall year, though.

And a BTT title on top of it.

Hell of a season. Hope it translates to even more deep tournament runs moving forward.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
No doubt. Hopefully a stepping stone to consistent deep runs.

That being said, still a damn rough exit. Almost feel like we can liken the Illini season to a fine meal but then you notice a rat dropping on your dessert plate. Hard not to feel rough after that.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
No doubt. Hopefully a stepping stone to consistent deep runs.

That being said, still a damn rough exit. Almost feel like we can liken the Illini season to a fine meal but then you notice a rat dropping on your dessert plate. Hard not to feel rough after that.

It was rough the day of for me, but easy to get over. UConn is just a machine. This run they're on is unlike anything we've seen in recent history. Even Illinois' best game might not beat those guys right now. They saved us the misery of losing a heartbreaker :laugh:

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I just don’t think he has the stuff to be a high end closer in the MLB.
Durability is what worries me. He didn't hold up last year down the stretch and if they have to rely on him to that extent again it might get ugly

When he's fresh I trust him completely

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Who was it that said giving Eloy and Robert those contracts when both were injury prone during their minor league stints was a stupid idea?

Oh yeah, it was yours truly.

Those guys figured out quick you still get paid while sitting on the DL.

Who wants to bet both will be playing full seasons in their contract years?

Alzolay is .3 WAR 7 games into the season and now he's bad?

LOL wat?

Last edited:

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Luis Robert goes down with, you guessed it, a leg injury. Rounding first base. The only team in the MLB that regularly has guys injured doing routine baseball shit.

Isn't that the hockey equivalent of injuring yourself while skating?

How does that even happen? (player is made of glass)

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Ozzie is obviously joking, but he's not far off. All these guys are wound too tight. Too much working out and building muscle, not enough flexibility training. It's not normal for athletes to be injured this often.
I agree. You just need to be in good shape and flexible to hit the ball far, you don't need to be jacked.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
White Sox get broomed by the Royals....

I predicted 120 losses this year before the season started and the trajectory looks bang on.

If the Sox were smart, they would have Crochet, who has been fantastic, on a strict pitch count.

But the White Sox aren't smart....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad