OT: Other Sports 82

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Bullpens are violatile. I remember the Nats had a crappy bullpen and they pretty much turn the whole bullpen over during the season and they went on to win the World Series. Right now, I think the Cubs have a lot of guys pitching out of their comfort zone (for example, Neris as closer) Once everybody gets healthy and settled into their roles, I think the bullpen will be ok. It's just tough to watch right now.
Who do you see on this team with the stuff and the mental to be a closer?

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
7 wins left off the board because of the bullpen. Soething needs to change with Adbert. I think Ben Brown is needed more in the bullpen than the rotation.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Adbert looks fried unfortunately and might need an Iowa stint. It worked for Thompson last year, though it took the whole season. Brown can go to the pen when Steele comes back. Merryweather will come back. Horton will come up eventually which will help in some way whether he's in the pen or in the rotation. Very frustrating to drop so many winnable games but taking the big picture view, the team is being held together with duct tape and the guys who are healthy are swing the bat like shit. Just gotta trust that won't last all year.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
We are going to get really bit by the bullpen in the long run. Just hope the starters stay fresh for when/if it really matter.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Looking for a positive from Sox at this point and I see two potentially

1) Lee looks promising flashing a decent bat and could be longterm C option for Sox
2) Fedde has pitched well so if he keeps it up he could get Sox a prospect or two at TDL

Reactions: Sarava

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Is Reinsdorf going to do anything to make this team not the biggest laughing stock in baseball?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8399.jpeg

Third mvp in a row for jokic

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I'm sure Embiid won one in between Joker...

White sox are 15 games out in the early part of May. Now, I knew they would be terrible, but not that terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad