OT: Other Sports 82

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I once again join to write that the baseball manager in 2023 is RARELY the problem. Analytics and FO people make most of the decisions. The manager is more like a chaperone at this point. Keep everyone in line and keep their spirits up. Talk to them when struggling. Cheer them on when playing well.
This may make me sound a bit like Art Howe (or at least how Moneyball portrays him) BUT, if the Analytics/FO wants to talk strategy before and/or often the game, I'm cool with that, but for those 2-4 hours a night, aka game time, the game has to be in the hands of the manager. The analystic/FO needs to remove themselves from in-game decision making. Otherwise, I would suggrest to analytics/FO's to put a uniform on and become a manager yourself.

• Wow
Reactions: Pez68

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
It's too bad the Cubs couldn't have gotten a little more help from other teams heading into this final 6 game stretch.

Not that they deserve it or anything, but still would have been nice haha

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
So here we go..

Cubs have the Braves, while the Reds get the Guardians, Marlins get the Mets, and the D-Backs get the White Sox.

This is why taking care of business against some of those bad teams sure would have been nice. Per Fangraphs, the Cubs have a 57% chance of making the playoffs, and that feels a bit generous. I'd lean towards the Marlins and D-Backs getting in over the Cubs.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Acuna gets 70 SBs and the Cubs lose. Marlins also lost and are tied 2-2 on the second half of the double header but this Cubs team is toast regardless.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I don’t know why I let myself get excited about the cubs for like five minutes. They f***ing suck.

Reactions: TLEH

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Tim Wakefield diagnosed with brain cancer. Of course Curt Schilling, the biggest piece of shit ever, reveals it on a podcast. "Not sure if Tim wants me sharing this, but I will anyway" f***ing piece of shit.

That was NOT Schilling info to disseminate. He might be in some trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad