GDT: Other Games Around The League 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Kings vs. Preds game is tied in the 2nd period. Preds had some good chances though. kings scored using their quick FO win to shot in the slot. They have good reversed plays for FO.

First time I can recall rooting for the Preds.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Dream scenario Sharks get Ducks in 1st round, win in game 7 OT. Get Kings in 2nd round, win game 7 OT. Get Hawks in 3rd, win game 7 OT. Bruins in SCF, win game 7 OT.

Thornton with all 4 of the game 7 OT winners lol

And then in the final everyone will faint of exhaustion and the first cup won will be dropped on the ice on national tv. :D

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Wow, first time I've seen that rule, and first I've even heard of it actually. Wild player on a clear breakway, Chicago net empty, player hauled down from behind, for what would normally have been a penalty shot. However, since the net was empty, they just gave him an automatic goal on the penalty instead. I completely understand that rule, but this is the first time I've ever actually seen it occur.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Wow, first time I've seen that rule, and first I've even heard of it actually. Wild player on a clear breakway, Chicago net empty, player hauled down from behind, for what would normally have been a penalty shot. However, since the net was empty, they just gave him an automatic goal on the penalty instead. I completely understand that rule, but this is the first time I've ever actually seen it occur.

Really? I've definitely seen it before.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

That has been a rule forever for the reason players would do it because they knew the goalie had the advantage.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
That has been a rule forever for the reason players would do it because they knew the goalie had the advantage.

Oh, like I said, I 100% understand the reason for the rule, and if I'd ever thought about it, I probably would have assumed there was a rule like that for the exact reason you give. I just can't remember ever seeing someone get hauled down from behind on a clear breakaway towards an empty net. Usually people who are in the zone on a clear breakaway will be able to get the shot off and in the net before getting nailed from behind, at least from what I've seen.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Oh, like I said, I 100% understand the reason for the rule, and if I'd ever thought about it, I probably would have assumed there was a rule like that for the exact reason you give. I just can't remember ever seeing someone get hauled down from behind on a clear breakaway towards an empty net. Usually people who are in the zone on a clear breakaway will be able to get the shot off and in the net before getting nailed from behind, at least from what I've seen.

Didnt this happen just a few years ago with someone like mitchell on the sharks?

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Didnt this happen just a few years ago with someone like mitchell on the sharks?

Oh, I am sure it could have. I just either missed it or don't remember. After all, they say that memory is the 2nd thing to go as you get older, and I'll be damned if I can remember what the 1st one is... :sarcasm:

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
We're getting 3rd in the Div. Calgary has an open net twice and blows it. and now it's 2-0

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
We're getting 3rd in the Div. Calgary has an open net twice and blows it. and now it's 2-0

That assumes that Arizona continues it's suckage. Right now the same amount of points that separate the Sharks from the Kings, separates the Yotes from the Sharks.

It's best take the Yotes seriously as that team has hung onto a seeded playoff position in the standings longer than the Sharks at this point. The Ducks less than the Sharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad