OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXVII: Baez Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Game over rooftop owners

Matt Rodewald‏@Matt_Rodewald·4 mins
BREAKING: Wrigley renovation approved, unanimous vote

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
One step closer to the entire renovation process being over.

Can't wait until the day where we no longer have to deal with renovation update stories in the news.

Hawks82

Dec 4, 2011
What's the beef with the rooftop owners? The rooftops are one of the few redeeming features of that place.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Alcantara Here to Stay (For Now)

The Cubs pulled a 180 here and have decided to keep Arismendy Alcantara with the big league club for now. A four hit day which had him involved in every run scoring play for the Cubs has a way of changing plans. Alcantara also had some decent at-bats in his debut on Wednesday night despite going 0-for. To accommodate Alcantara staying on the roster, Kyle Hendricks was optioned down to the minors.

ChicagoNow

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
What's the beef with the rooftop owners? The rooftops are one of the few redeeming features of that place.

Right? I don't understand it either, do Cubs fans honestly think a few outfield signs is holding this organization back?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I don't think anything's holding the Cubs back. They already make money, they'd make even more money if they fielded a good team in the current ballpark, and they'd make even more money on top of that with a renovated stadium. They weren't held back in the old ballpark, and they won't suddenly be thrust into contendership in a new one.

That being said, I do fully welcome renovations to Wrigley Field to update it from a fan and player perspective.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
So without those signs the Cubs won't have enough revenue to compete?

Not based on the current debt structure of the team. There is a payroll to debt ratio they are not allowed to pass due to mlb regulations. Even without that restriction, they are still behind other teams of similar market size because of their bad tv deal

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Not based on the current debt structure of the team. There is a payroll to debt ratio they are not allowed to pass due to mlb regulations. Even without that restriction, they are still behind other teams of similar market size because of their bad tv deal

And they will still be behind the Yankees and Dodgers until they get a similar mega TV deal.

I agree with the previous post about the place needing an update but (as far as I know) the rooftops don't have a problem with "renovation" just with signs that will block some of the views.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
@BryanHoch: Cashman: Masahiro Tanaka has a partially torn ligament in his throwing arm. Will have one PRP injection. Tear is considered small.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
And they will still be behind the Yankees and Dodgers until they get a similar mega TV deal.

I agree with the previous post about the place needing an update but (as far as I know) the rooftops don't have a problem with "renovation" just with signs that will block some of the views.

And the rangers and tigers, and Red Sox, and angels, etc

Nothingman*

I remember when Kingman would bomb homers and a few guys in lawn chairs would be watching. Not the same as now with the bleachers and charging for entry. **** the rooftop owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad