Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XL: Bring on the Cactus League already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
FA have avoided Bulls organization for most part over last 20 years

Remember the nonsense with Duncan , McGrady , etc?

A lot of it is the BS from Jordan that negatively put all the problems on Krause/JR even though we in Chicago know Phil/Michael were just as much part of problem and cause of the destruction of Bulls dynasty (Some would say more the reason)

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
FA have avoided Bulls organization for most part over last 20 years

Remember the nonsense with Duncan , McGrady , etc?

A lot of it is the BS from Jordan that negatively put all the problems on Krause/JR even though we in Chicago know Phil/Michael were just as much part of problem and cause of the destruction of Bulls dynasty (Some would say more the reason)

Krause was the cause and now the cause is Gar/Pax.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Disagree

Krause was at best the #3 problem at end ,, Phil and MJ were cause of downfall

Jordan IMO was the biggest problem at end and hindsight has shown that thru years as more and more of the dysfunction of 90's Bulls came to surface

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Disagree

Jordan IMO was the biggest problem at end and hindsight has shown that thru years as more and more of the dysfunction of 90's Bulls came to surface

Jordan? What? He did have issues but he won us 6 and would have won 7 if Jerry would not have decided to tear it down.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Nick Friedell ‏@NickFriedell · 38m38 minutes ago

Just got off the phone with Bulls GM Gar Forman. A couple big takeaways. The Bulls are indeed hopeful to re-sign Gasol in the future.

I give up

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bulls organization is a mid level organization that will simply strive to make playoffs every year and nothing else

Current state of East makes that goal likely achievable ,, If the East was as good as West the Bulls would be bottom feeder and in cellar were they belong

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Bulls organization is a mid level organization that will simply strive to make playoffs every year and nothing else

Current state of East makes that goal likely achievable ,, If the East was as good as West the Bulls would be bottom feeder and in cellar were they belong

They will remain that way till Gar/Pax/Rose are gone.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Krause is too blame because of his ego.. The trinity are not without fault but Krause actively broke up the dynasty because he wanted to prove he could build a winner without the trinity.

As for today, the Bulls lack vision and creativity. This is why paxson and gar need to go. They fall in over with their guys and they can evaluated these players objectivity, their players sucks btw, and thus a new voice is needed. But until gar and John cut into reinsdorf profits, I don't see either nitwit staying and thus the Bulls will remain stuck in neutral.

Gar say they intend to re sign gasol but there is virtually no chance pau comes back and thus the Bulls will let another asset go without getting anything for him.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Disagree

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Krause was blatantly open about destroying the Bulls and thru every and any type of media proclaimed how he would rebuild it back together. If anybody deserved to have a diva attitude, it was Jordan.

Jordan was beyond the Bulls, and at the time he was beyond the NBA. They wouldn't even suspend him for gambling. Krause hated hearing how it was Jordan's team and not his.

There's plenty of reasons to hate on Jordan, but the break up of the band isn't one of them. That's squarely on Krause and to an extent JR.

The Bulls dynasty was bigger then the 85 Bears......in a Bears town.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Peeps who have experience with Cubs on-sale

If I am looking to roadtrip to Chicago in August to see Cubs/Cards, should I attempt to hit the pre-sale on Tuesday and pay the 15% premium or can I probably get tickets on Friday if I get into the virtual waiting room by 10 AM.

Or am I just screwed either way and I should accept the awful Stubhub prices

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I've got two games of Cubs/Cards tickets in August. That said, I'm selling most of my Cards tickets to make money back. Could always PM me.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Longtime MLB player and former White Sox player Tony Phillips has passed away at age of 56 from heart attack

Phillips played 18 seasons in MLB and won WS with 1989 Oakland A's

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Peeps who have experience with Cubs on-sale

If I am looking to roadtrip to Chicago in August to see Cubs/Cards, should I attempt to hit the pre-sale on Tuesday and pay the 15% premium or can I probably get tickets on Friday if I get into the virtual waiting room by 10 AM.

Or am I just screwed either way and I should accept the awful Stubhub prices

I'd normally recommend against doing that presale stuff, as it's just spending extra money, but.... a late summer, weekend series versus the Cards? Oy... yeah, probably should bite the bullet. Those'll sell out fast.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Longtime MLB player and former White Sox player Tony Phillips has passed away at age of 56 from heart attack

Phillips played 18 seasons in MLB and won WS with 1989 Oakland A's

I wish this news wasn't glossed over like it was. Between 1991 and and 1997 he had OPS+ etween 101 and 130 and two other season with an OPS+ over 100. In full season play Phillips was at worst, a league average player. IOW, Phillips was a really good player, someone that today's game would have value more than the era he played. Phillips (and to a lesser degree Bip Roberts) set the stage for guys like zobrist and josh Harrison to get paid.

RIP Tony Phillips.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Jimmy Rollins signs a minor league deal with the Sox.

Is there an organization that loves former stars more than the White Sox?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
can't believe Dexter Fowler is still out there.

I don't care about the compensation pick we get back if the Orioles or whoever signs him...not sure I want Heyward in center out of the gate, and the depth Fowler brings to this outfield is huge as Soler and Schwarber don't provide the greatest defense out there...

Would love to see Fowler and Heyward out there to be honest..

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Nobody wants to give up that 1st round pick. That's a formula for no longterm success. Teams have finally learned their lessons.

Is there a point where the Cubs are no longer eligible for compensation? Like after opening day or something?

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Nobody wants to give up that 1st round pick. That's a formula for no longterm success. Teams have finally learned their lessons.

Is there a point where the Cubs are no longer eligible for compensation? Like after opening day or something?

In like June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad