Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LV: NLCS Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
The Nats were a team that was desperate for a win and they got it. To me, it will be the only win. I think the Cubs will crush Max in G3 and 4 to move on the NLDS.

I agree... Really sucks. I think the split is great. Time to drink in the hot tub and watch the Hawks. Get em Monday.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I agree... Really sucks. I think the split is great. Time to drink in the hot tub and watch the Hawks. Get em Monday.
It happens. In fact, the Cubs always had drama in every series last year. This team is mentally tough.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Maddon is very frustrating in how he manages pitching. After the 6th inning it is a shit show often. He gives the pitchers throughout the season days off, 6 man rotations, short outings even when pitching well so (as he says) they will be fresh when it matters. Lester threw 86 flipping pitches through 7 innings and gave up 3 hits. He could have gone the full 9 most likely. 8 minimum. Then wouldn’t have pitched for probably another week and Arrietta would not have to be used in his series affording him more recoup time. When Hot Carl came in I told my buddy we are in trouble. We both questioned pulling Lester as he was still going strong. Pitching/bullpen management is Maddon’s weakness that we overcame last year to win it all. Might have to do it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Markkanen making his preseason debut for the Bulls tonight.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Lol. Sale and Verlander in the game for relief already.

Oh the post season.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I get bringing Sale in, you’re down and against the ropes... but man what a mistake to bring Verlander in.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
As a Sox fan, I always thought that if given the chance to pitch in the postseason, Sale would struggle and Quintana would be fantastic. I don't have much to base that off of, but after watching both of them for years, I've had a gut feeling that Q would be really good in the playoffs for some reason.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
As a Sox fan, I always thought that if given the chance to pitch in the postseason, Sale would struggle and Quintana would be fantastic. I don't have much to base that off of, but after watching both of them for years, I've had a gut feeling that Q would be really good in the playoffs for some reason.
I have had a similar feeling. Sale always seemed a little too amped up and that would effect him. Q always seemed even keel.

Sale is obviously pitching well today.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
What an awesome day of sports. 4 playoffs games, an exciting Hawks game to look forward to, and the Bears on MNF with hopefully our new franchise QB in his first career start.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Is there a reason Ben Zobrist is starting that I'm missing?

Beats me, I'd have gone with Baez for sure. Only argument I can see for Z is him working the count a bit more and trying to get Scherzer to throw more pitches on that bum hamstring.... But Z hasn't exactly been doing that in the first 2 games, so with that being said I'd go with Baez for that reason.

Reactions: sugoi88

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Jesse Rogers ESPN Staff Writer
Joe Maddon, on starting Ben Zobrist: "You can't run away from him and his track record at this time of year. It's really hard to do that." Zobrist is 1 for 8 in the series after winning World Series MVP last year while hitting .303 in the 2015 postseason for the Royals.

Reactions: RayP

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Jesse Rogers ESPN Staff Writer
Joe Maddon, on starting Ben Zobrist: "You can't run away from him and his track record at this time of year. It's really hard to do that." Zobrist is 1 for 8 in the series after winning World Series MVP last year while hitting .303 in the 2015 postseason for the Royals.

:huh:........:eek:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
What a wild game in Boston.... Boston down 2, bottom of the 9th, leadoff inside the park HR. :laugh:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Q and the Cubs are playing with some serious fire here.

Time for the bats to wake up... let’s see if they can get someone on base!

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Runners on first and second, and Zobrist grounds out to end the inning. Not really helping his case at all today.

So hopefully he hits a grand slam and makes us all look stupid.

Reactions: Easy E
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad