Other Arizona Sports Thread 5: Cardinals, Dbacks, Suns, Sun Devils, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
@XX where did you see ray Edwards was on his way out?

Just a guess based on his actions. Firing TG, realizing the buyout would eat up all the money for a new coach, so he'd have to go cheap (his friend Herm). If it goes bad, he (the AD) probably gets fired. So my guess is he will duck out at some point before then.

Wow, wtf. The amount of nepotism on display is incredible.

The assistant AD is Herms other agent lol

Reactions: SniperHF

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Ah gotcha, yeah it doesn't look good for Edwards. Wow this deal keeps getting worse and worse lol.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'm indifferent. Herm brings a huge name recognition. Granted, his history isn't very good W/L wise, but he's been apart of the high school all stars the past 9 years. The ESPN sendoff was great. He might be able to get top names out here to the desert.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm indifferent. Herm brings a huge name recognition. Granted, his history isn't very good W/L wise, but he's been apart of the high school all stars the past 9 years. The ESPN sendoff was great. He might be able to get top names out here to the desert.

When asked, no current players really knew who he was. Including a guy who was coached by him in the UA All Star game. That whole aspect has been so oversold. Kids don't watch ESPN much.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Really? No current player knows about Herm Edwards? I find that hard to believe. But beyond that, parents will know who he is, and could influence where kids go play football.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I want herm to kill it to make the naysayers like you eat crow. There has been very few positive remarks that I've seen about his hire.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Yeah. I hope the best for him, but the realist in me knows better. He’s been out of the daily grind of it for far too long. He’s up there in age too, so there is that. On a positive note, looks like my Vols finally made the right coaching hire, so there is that!

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Soooooooo, the idea was to hire Herm Edwards, make him kind of the ceo/gm whatever term you want, and keep both coordinators. Both coordinators are now gone. Well played asu, well played.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Recruiting class is probably toast. Hell, some key players might transfer with this nonsense. ASU can't pay for top flight assistants.

The whole thing is hilariously bad and I'm glad I'm not invested in the school or the teams anymore.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
ASU taking on Vanderbilt on Pac-12 Network. Familiar voice again for today's game. White is getting double teamed pretty much instantly when he gets the ball. Vandy up early 8-0.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
ASU hasn't been playing well, but only down 7 still surprisingly with 6 minutes left in the 1st half. Looks like a great crowd, winning is infectious. New football coach is in attendance also.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Holder with the triple at the end of the first half to take the lead by 1. First lead of the game for them. Only 30 points in the 1st half for a team averaging over 90 per game. LET'S GOOOOOOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad