Other Arizona Sports Thread 5: Cardinals, Dbacks, Suns, Sun Devils, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
NAU wins the Louisville Invite Cross Country meet on Saturday..Tyler Day, a local runner who I lined up next to at an Arizona Road Racer road race at Kiwanis Park two years ago, finished a comfortable 2nd place individually..
The Division 1 NCAA Championship will be at Tom Sawyer Park in Louisville this year.
This time a year, the southern Indiana, Kentucky part of the country is the prettiest country in the world.
Every place has its time and in the midwest just when the leaves are starting to turn and the mornings are bright and sunny with the smell of icy hot in the air and the steam coming off your shoulders at the finsh line from an all out effort, nothing beats it.
Arizona is great in the winter and early spring though!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hopefully Goldschmidt and Greinke's performances thus far go a little bit toward convincing the notoriously cheap Kendrick he should continue to bump up payroll.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
you-get-a-triple-you-get-a-triple.jpg

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
It's unfortunate that both Grinke and Ray had to pitch tonight. I had a conversation withmy dad about whether or not the Dbacks should start Grinke or Ray for this game. I mentioned they should start Ray, but it is what it is. But it would have been more convenient to finish this game only using 1 of them. Granted it wasn't a full game and they would easily be able to pitch Saturday. And yes, I get it's the playoffs, but just a perspective to think about moving forward. This has been a crazy game though.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yeah, going up against the Dodgers without both of them to lead it off will be rough. Walker or Godley will have to keep it close.

But given what a garbage fire this organization has been the last 7 years or so I'm taking the long view. This is a pretty great result with that in mind.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Oh I agree. This is great for the club, and hopefully this turns on a lightbulb with those in management to spend more money(albeit correctly). You can always spend money and spend it badly, but this team is something special this year. I'm curious to see how the team will look next year, but picking up J.D. has been HUGE for the club this year. We've played the Dodgers very well, hoping that continues and could be a great series.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Most exciting sports event Ive attended since living in Phoenix. Got up at 6 just to hear Doug and Wolf 98.7 ........GREAT night last night..Even the traffic flowed smooth.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Most exciting sports event Ive attended since living in Phoenix. Got up at 6 just to hear Doug and Wolf 98.7 ........GREAT night last night..Even the traffic flowed smooth.

I've lived here for 32 years, and it's in my Top 4. Bradley's triple was epic, but since I like small ball so much, Mathis's unexpected, perfect bunt was right up there. And I was complaining about Lovullo playing Mathis rather than Ianetta the entire game...

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Well good, at least we didn't spend 3 months waiting around for one game, only to lose that one game... I don't have quite the hatred of our next opponent as others (I actually rooted for them growing up in a state without a team until the 90s - I refused to root for the WTBS Braves, the only team in the South...having said that, some of LA's traveling support is breeding the dislike)

Reactions: SniperHF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad