OT: OT thread number 11 | No More Bad News PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
DVD?

200w.gif

Nah I understand people like to own physical copies of things. I just can't be bothered to collect DVDs as it takes up way too much space for me lol.
DVD’s were awful anyway. After you watched them a few times they didn’t work anymore.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I got this well before streaming was an option. That said I don't even know if Get Smart is available on a streaming service.
I bought the complete James Bond series on VHS back in the day. Then DVD's came along and I bought that set. Since then I gave both of those sets away to goodwill and have the series on .mp4's. Be interesting where we will be in another 10 years.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I bought the complete James Bond series on VHS back in the day. Then DVD's came along and I bought that set. Since then I gave both of those sets away to goodwill and have the series on .mp4's. Be interesting where we will be in another 10 years.
I have the complete James Bond series as well. Great binge watching material.

Reactions: bellagiobob

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Not true. Had a ps3 that would play anything as long as the dvd hadn’t begun to deteriorate. Good laser and a fast spin gets her done.
I had back luck with DVD players and dvd’s. I don’t think I ever got more than 6 months out of a DVD player before it crapped out on me. I remember when cd’s and then later dvd’s came out and they were marketed as being able to last forever. They certainly weren’t that.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I had back luck with DVD players and dvd’s. I don’t think I ever got more than 6 months out of a DVD player before it crapped out on me. I remember when cd’s and then later dvd’s came out and they were marketed as being able to last forever. They certainly weren’t that.
Have the same 5 load rotating table CD player for 25years. Sanyo, worked like a charm, never a problem. You'd expect something to go wrong and just doesn't.

Still original DVD player and works better than the newer bluray player. When I put a bluray disc in the thing chews on it like a cat munching a rat and takes minutes before deciding whether it plays it or spits it out. Sometimes not at all...Sometimes it will just make the chewing sound for 10mins and do nothing as far as playing the disc. Bluray such a crap garbage format. So much security features loaded on those some bluray players simply won't play the discs.

Never had the trouble you describe with DVD's but then I'm very careful with them. Fingerprints can stop them from playing but a clean will do the trick.

Zero of my VHS tapes play anymore. Another garbage format. All stuck, can barely wind them with a power drill.....

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
My potatoes are just ridiculously large this year. Far far larger than anything I have grown before.

My planting of potatoes was a bit of an after thought this year as I just had some small ones left over from last year that were going to seed so rather than waste them i just stuck them in the ground, looked after them for the first part of the summer and then just let them fight it out with all the weeds after that.

Not sure why they have grown so gigantic. The only thing i saw on line re large potatoes was increased spacing but I spaced these about as i have done in the past.

I have 4 really big pumpkins as well from my little in the planter pumpkin patch.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Have the same 5 load rotating table CD player for 25years. Sanyo, worked like a charm, never a problem. You'd expect something to go wrong and just doesn't.

Still original DVD player and works better than the newer bluray player. When I put a bluray disc in the thing chews on it like a cat munching a rat and takes minutes before deciding whether it plays it or spits it out. Sometimes not at all...Sometimes it will just make the chewing sound for 10mins and do nothing as far as playing the disc. Bluray such a crap garbage format. So much security features loaded on those some bluray players simply won't play the discs.

Never had the trouble you describe with DVD's but then I'm very careful with them. Fingerprints can stop them from playing but a clean will do the trick.

:D....
I can't believe someone out there still actually even HAS VHS tapes at this point in time.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I can't believe someone out there still actually even HAS VHS tapes at this point in time.
Threw the vast majority out. Only saved the ones that might be collectible in some way. Like NFT's they could be stuff that doesn't do anything, and is probably not worth anything..haha. I never had NFT's.

meh. Moreso its just laziness not completely clearing everything out. Our fall resolution is doing some spring cleaning and sorting and getting rid of stuff.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
My potatoes are just ridiculously large this year. Far far larger than anything I have grown before.

My planting of potatoes was a bit of an after thought this year as I just had some small ones left over from last year that were going to seed so rather than waste them i just stuck them in the ground, looked after them for the first part of the summer and then just let them fight it out with all the weeds after that.

Not sure why they have grown so gigantic. The only thing i saw on line re large potatoes was increased spacing but I spaced these about as i have done in the past.

I have 4 really big pumpkins as well from my little in the planter pumpkin patch.
Been talking with other gardeners and our experience is that its quite possibly the best growing season ever. Hands down we've never had this quantity, or large tomatoes before. All the tomatoes were prolific. Tumblers, Beefsteak and cherry. Just hanging thick like grapes. Just unreal. We're making tons of sauce this year. Our tomato volume is at least twice what it ever was before.

Pepper plants have all been great. Biggest bell peppers we've had, store size and better. Banana peppers like crazy, Hot peppers too.
Swiss chard doing great. Peas, beans did great. Only thing that wasn't bumper crop this year was Carrots.

We just threw some seed potatoes somebody gave us in 5 bins. Voila 50lbs of potatoes. Hardly any care as you describe.

Our Grapes this year also prolific but the vines itself are the longest, biggest they've ever been We have Grapes on a south facing stucco wall. So it gets the sun and the heat. The plant is so huge.

Now we're even having an expanded growing season with no frost yet on horizon. For instance Pepper plants still budding.

Reactions: Beerfish

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Threw the vast majority out. Only saved the ones that might be collectible in some way. Like NFT's they could be stuff that doesn't do anything, and is probably not worth anything..haha. I never had NFT's.

meh. Moreso its just laziness not completely clearing everything out. Our fall resolution is doing some spring cleaning and sorting and getting rid of stuff.
I did the VHS fall cleanout 25 years ago.:laugh:

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

Yeah, it's been similar here as well, but then my brother in law lives in Saskatchewan and his tomatoes were a flop this year, along with his pumpkins. Did really well on some other squashes though, as well as potatoes. So who knows. Spin the wheel.

Reactions: Beerfish

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Oh good, just realized the food bank takes fresh garden produce. Will take a trip there on Monday and donate most of these potatoes. way way more than I can use.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Have no idea how this women's pro soccer league is ever going to work in Canada.

Andi Petrillo was talking about it yesterday on her show and will have some updates from her round table that includes co-founder Diana Matheson.

Sounds like they need a pile of money to get the league going and they just don't have that type of investor. As well they need stadiums. Good luck getting governments to build 7-10k stadiums with government funded money at that is point in time.

1 mil franchise fee with expected investment of 10mil over 5 years. Seems like a lot of investment for sport that we really don't know the country is ready for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad