OT: OT thread number 11 | No More Bad News PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Sorry I haven't been around over the last month or so, folks. I have been in Beijing working at the Olympics, and did not have a lot of time to check in here (in addition to the different timezone and some 10+ hour workdays...). Definitely an interesting experience in the closed loop system there, but good to be back on Canadian soil.

Anyways, looks like I missed a good deal of drama around these parts, probably for the better. ;)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Sorry I haven't been around over the last month or so, folks. I have been in Beijing working at the Olympics, and did not have a lot of time to check in here (in addition to the different timezone and some 10+ hour workdays...). Definitely an interesting experience in the closed loop system there, but good to be back on Canadian soil.

Anyways, looks like I missed a good deal of drama around these parts, probably for the better. ;)

Welcome back to this side of the pond!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Did you meet a guy named Dave Mstthews who working as one it guys for team Canada?

Reactions: oilers'72

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Did you meet a guy named Dave Mstthews who working as one it guys for team Canada?
Only visited the Canadian Olympic Committee office in the main press centre once or twice... was pretty much restricted to the press tribune at venues. Although I did get a chance to watch a few men's hockey games, I have to say that the women's gold medal final was probably the best hockey that I saw there.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I laughed at this one on the radio this morning.

"You may want to walk to work this morning, because gas is so expensive"

At first I thought she was going to say because the roads were poor from all the snow, lol

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
So … is all Ukraine/Russia discussion off limits? @Bryanbryoil. The other thread kind of lost the non-politics part in the last couple pages, but normal info and/or discussion should be allowed right?

An Italian populist had an idea today which I thought was kind of simpleminded but would be very effective. Let’s stop talking about it this and just go there instead, let’s walk into Ukraine with MPs, senators, congressmen from the EU, US, Canada, and so on and let’s see how they handle it. Peaceful “Ghandi” protests by world decision-makers.

Now I know for a fact he himself wouldn’t go, but still. That would be very effective, although maybe seem as a declaration of war/aggression from one side…

Last edited:
Reactions: bellagiobob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad