OT: OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Stillers and our pointless bowl games we got!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
We will open this later. We will let the topic cool down.

When this reopens - no personal attacks. You will immediately be removed from the thread if you are personally attacking another user.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

The best is the "special guest"

Actually this one was better than his recent ones. The comments almost look like they were stolen from our GDT. For me though the "special guest" was the weakest part. He took a one trick pony joke and ran it into the ground.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Actually this one was better than his recent ones. The comments almost look like they were stolen from our GDT. For me though the "special guest" was the weakest part. He took a one trick pony joke and ran it into the ground.
You mean the Pittsburgh Dad character?

Maybe it's because I'm not from Pittsburgh but that guy isn't funny at all.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Regardless of how anyone feels about any of the hits, one thing that cannot be denied is that Roger Goodell's NFL is a reactive, knee-jerk league. There is nothing even closely resembling a standard of discipline. It's all over the map.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Regardless of how anyone feels about any of the hits, one thing that cannot be denied is that Roger Goodell's NFL is a reactive, knee-jerk league. There is nothing even closely resembling a standard of discipline. It's all over the map.

I have no issues with JuJu's suspension, but Gronk should have gotten two games minimum. One happened during the play and would have been considered a hard nosed play a few years ago, while the other was a completely blatant attack after the whistle that was most definitely meant to harm someone.

Reactions: FlightlessBird

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I have no issues with JuJu's suspension, but Gronk should have gotten two games minimum. One happened during the play and would have been considered a hard nosed play a few years ago, while the other was a completely blatant attack after the whistle that was most definitely meant to harm someone.

Exactly

One is a hard play that happened to catch a guy a couple inches too high.

One was a blatant and malicious intent to injure during a dead ball.

One is David Steckel and the other is Todd Bertuzzi

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

They sort of set the standard the week before when they initially suspended knuckleheads Crabtree and Talib for two games and then cut that in half.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
They sort of set the standard the week before when they initially suspended knuckleheads Crabtree and Talib for two games and then cut that in half.

Let’s also be realistic, if this wasn’t a prime-time game and the shoddy announcers didn’t whine so hard, no one gets suspended. There was outcry because of that, so the league has to pretend to care.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
bengals fans are incensed that iloka got a game when juju only got one just like im incensed that juju got a game and gronk only got one.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Let’s also be realistic, if this wasn’t a prime-time game and the shoddy announcers didn’t whine so hard, no one gets suspended. There was outcry because of that, so the league has to pretend to care.

Definitely. It reminded me of a game with the bears many years ago when a bear cb or lb took out Louis Lipps with a forearm under the chin and Charlie Jones complained so loudly that the league took some kind of action. I think most of the players at the time didn’t think much of it.

Edit: Wilson Suspended For 1 Game

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Definitely. It reminded me of a game with the bears many years ago when a bear cb or lb took out Louis Lipps with a forearm under the chin and Charlie Jones complained so loudly that the league took some kind of action. I think most of the players at the time didn’t think much of it.

Edit: Wilson Suspended For 1 Game

Do you remember that Packers and Bears game where McMahon was slammed to ththe ground like five good seconds after the play?

I was just a little kid but still remember seeing it on highlights...

Here I found it... never saw anything like that in all the years I've watched:

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Vaguely remember that one. Vividly remember Turkey Jones similarly pile driving Bradshaw well after the whistle.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Iloka’s suspension was reduced to a fine for his hit on AB.

Goodell gonna Goodell.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Iloka’s suspension was reduced to a fine for his hit on AB.

Goodell gonna Goodell.
Can’t say I’m surprised. I also am fairly confident that if Juju just goes back to the huddle instead of taunting Burfict, that he probably wouldn’t have been suspended either.

At the end of the day, though... whatever. Juju has been a solid player all season for us, but it’s not like his absence in this one game is a game changer. If this was AB or Bell getting suspended, that’d be a whole other can of worms.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Can’t say I’m surprised. I also am fairly confident that if Juju just goes back to the huddle instead of taunting Burfict, that he probably wouldn’t have been suspended either.

THis is probably accurate, although the implication then becomes the league is more interested in getting taunting out of the game than it is head shots.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Yeah. The inference is that taunting is more suspension worthy than an intentional retaliation head shot. OR Goodell consulted with Colin Campbell and decided that since Brown wasn’t hurt there should be no suspension.

Reactions: TNT87

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I don't see the logic here...

If the league cared so much about taunting, why is in a measly 9k fine?

The league just said it's ok to head hunt, but by god, don't you be taunting.

As I said, they do a bad job pretending to care about making the game safer. It's a farce.

Reactions: nwhockeyfan

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
It's amazing how the NHL and NFL are so incompetent with their disciplinary actions. It's comical.

Reactions: nwhockeyfan

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
How did Iloka or wahtever is name is get only a fine? But Juju got a game?

What Iloka did was soooo much worse. Alot worse. f*** this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad