OT: OT: Lets Go Cardinals! (All Baseball Talk Here) Part 2

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Marmol extended 2 more years
even though I do not like Marmol as a manager, I like this
not really a fan of having managers, coaches or players in the last year of contracts, I think it ultimately distracts them from the job they are supposed to be concentrating on

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
smartest thing bowtie boy has ever said

433833561_951503466340560_210016856312702094_n.jpg

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Gorman, Walker, Winn, Donovan and VS2 all in opening day lineup. Youth movement is here

Reactions: Spear

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Pretty sad, huh? Hopefully they draft a top of the rotation one at #7. Chase Burns?

On the contrary, I hope they draft a first baseman. There's four collegiate first basemen in this class: Nick Kurtz (Wake Forest), Jac Caglianone (Florida, LHP), Charlie Condon (Georgia), and Tommy White (LSU), and there's always the possibility for a high school first baseman like P.J. Morlando to be selected early for money saving reasons. One of them will fall to us: there's J.J. Wetherholt (West Virginia, SS/2B), Travis Bazzana (Oregon State, 2B), and Vance Honeycutt (North Carolina, OF) who will likely be selected early if they have great seasons, so there's a real possibility that one of the college first basemen will be there.

Goldschmidt is already 36 (will be 37 this September), and he's a free agent after this year. Burleson would be a nice placeholder, but I want a superstar first baseman with a high pick. We already have a lot of pitchers, have already selected tons of pitchers, have traded for pitchers. I want a stud position player with that first pick, and a high-schooler with our third.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I mean he came up as a Third Basemen and seemed fine there in both High A as well as Double A, but sure.

Yes, he was a third baseman in high school, but he completely outgrew the position (much like I believe he's outgrown first base; remember how Jose Martinez played there?) and he was never going to be anything other than below average there. He's got a huge arm, and he's actually quite fast for his size. That fits outfield more than anything. You're wasting a potentially valuable skillset at first base, you're bound to hit on one first basemen in this class (there are five potentially-elite players who are likely going to be stuck at first because they don't have Walker's speed.), and even if he's never anything more than average, you've still potentially got Victor Scott II in center covering for a lot of mistakes.

All in all, I don't move Walker again. Maybe to left field, but that's about it.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Going to be a very long season. Get use to it. They are going to have attendance issues after a month of this circus.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
2 hits by goldy and thats it. really amazing roster construction by bowtie boy. that dumpster diving really paid off!

we should give marmol a 10 year extension after this seasons 100 loss season! hes a fantastic leader and in game manager!

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Hopefully today is not a harbinger of what's to come. Ugly ABs by a lot of guys, not a ton of hard contact at all. Mikolas looks like the exact same pitcher, can throw strikes all day but can't get anyone out. Liberatore throwing 97 is a pleasant surprise, I don't know if I saw him hit that at all last year (Then again I think I've voided last season from my memory.)

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Still going to manage 3mil+ attendance. They hit 3.2mil last year.
No wainwright shenanigans to sell tickets this year. Once they get off to another horrific start (while bowtie boy again tells fanbase to stay patient), they will be lucky to be drawing 30k a night during the week. They were hurting for ticket sales from July on.

GJyrErvWsAEVtm8

Its like a replay of last years opening day

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Hopefully today is not a harbinger of what's to come. Ugly ABs by a lot of guys, not a ton of hard contact at all. Mikolas looks like the exact same pitcher, can throw strikes all day but can't get anyone out. Liberatore throwing 97 is a pleasant surprise, I don't know if I saw him hit that at all last year (Then again I think I've voided last season from my memory.)

He was hitting 97 last year too, especially early in his starts and in relief.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
i think a 0-7 or 1-6 roadtrip to start the season is entirely realistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad