OT: OT: Lets Go Cardinals! (All Baseball Talk Here) Part 2

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
John King coming in to pitch in a 1 run game in the 8th inning just seems like a recipe for disaster. Hopefully it works out.

EDIT: Immediately hangs a curveball and gives up a two run shot to give the Dodgers the lead. Can’t say I’m shocked there.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
John King coming in to pitch in a 1 run game in the 8th inning just seems like a recipe for disaster. Hopefully it works out.

EDIT: Immediately hangs a curveball and gives up a two run shot to give the Dodgers the lead. Can’t say I’m shocked there.
sounds like we should give our manager another 2 year extension

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Everything the Cards do turns out wrong. Hicks with an incredible Spring Training as a starter and has his first start of the regular season and it’s 5 shutout innings with 6Ks after he asked and was denied several times to be a starter here.
Further proof the Cardinals front office has teh mostest bestester analytics.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Last night's loss was a continuation of the previous night's issues. Helsley blowing that save forced us to burn Gally and since Helsley can't throw in back to back games and it's dumb to ask Gally to throw three in a row, we were forced to use a sub-optimal choice.

Two leads, two blown saves. Not the start we were hoping for out of the bullpen.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Last night's loss was a continuation of the previous night's issues. Helsley blowing that save forced us to burn Gally and since Helsley can't throw in back to back games and it's dumb to ask Gally to throw three in a row, we were forced to use a sub-optimal choice.

Two leads, two blown saves. Not the start we were hoping for out of the bullpen.
not what we hoped for but what any reasonable fan expected

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Every time I see Juricksan Profar I think of Oscar Tavares. They were top prospects around the same time and there was talk that the Cards should trade Tavares for Profar as they needed an infielder at the time more than an outfielder.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I'm very impressed by Jordan Walker's improved defense. Even though he's not hitting a lot (and he will hit; this is just a slump) he's been playing solid defense in the outfield with another highlight play on Opening Day (robbing a potential homer. I swear, he has to be around 6'7", 260 lbs.; he's a huge man.). With his ability to run, he could be a cornerstone right fielder. And if Victor Scott II takes the job in center and Chase Davis (our first round pick last year) makes giant improvements for left field, we could have an elite outfield. Then you add Winn, Gorman, possibly Saggese, Herrera (have an Opening Day, Ivan Herrera; two RBIs and a homer) maybe Burleson, and our high draft pick this year, and all of the pitchers (very good pitchers) we've accumulated, and we could be a very good team for a very long time, even after Goldschmidt and Arenado age.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Scott and Wynn have hit the ball well imo, just had some unfortunate results. Scott especially has had 3-4 liners into center left that were hit right at someone and gobbled up.

Walker is 6' 6" and 250 according to the media guide, yes, he's enormous. He needs to stop trying to pull everything though, he's flying his hips open on every swing no matter where the ball is.

It's nice to have a batch of 24-and-under roster players all having some success at the big league level at the same time. If some of our prospect pitchers work out, you could see us getting back to the level we once were without having to make a ton of external acquisitions.

Reactions: Memento

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Scott and Wynn have hit the ball well imo, just had some unfortunate results. Scott especially has had 3-4 liners into center left that were hit right at someone and gobbled up.

Walker is 6' 6" and 250 according to the media guide, yes, he's enormous. He needs to stop trying to pull everything though, he's flying his hips open on every swing no matter where the ball is.

It's nice to have a batch of 24-and-under roster players all having some success at the big league level at the same time. If some of our prospect pitchers work out, you could see us getting back to the level we once were without having to make a ton of external acquisitions.
Assuming they are not traded away before they get real good

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri

I'm telling you, he's gained ten pounds and an inch. True, he needs to stop trying to pull everything, but that's correctable.

It is nice to have a bunch of players with success. I wouldn't discount Won-Bin Cho or maybe even Honeyman either; Cho's been a solid outfielder and Honeyman has solid athleticism, but with Walker, Scott, and an improved Davis, that's a lot of outfielders. Hopefully Joshua Baez improves his contact; he's got the power/speed/arm profile to be great.

Looks like Kurtz might fall; he's not on the Golden Spikes watchlist for whatever reason. I'd kill for him; he's a lefty first baseman with serious power and contact ability, plus the best defense at the cold corner.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Tyler O’Neill with more homers than strikeouts to start the season. 5 walks already too. Jordan Hicks with another strong start. Everything the Cards do turns out wrong. Everything.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Tyler O’Neill with more homers than strikeouts to start the season. 5 walks already too. Jordan Hicks with another strong start. Everything the Cards do turns out wrong. Everything.
Maybe. O’Neil has been injury prone since he was in Seattle. He’s missed a lot of time and can’t be relied upon. Hicks is similar too. Has the stuff but the way he throws has put him on the IL a lot. I would have preferred the cardinals to keep Hicks, but when he was a starter before he was not going deep and couldn’t control his pitches.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Maybe. O’Neil has been injury prone since he was in Seattle. He’s missed a lot of time and can’t be relied upon. Hicks is similar too. Has the stuff but the way he throws has put him on the IL a lot. I would have preferred the cardinals to keep Hicks, but when he was a starter before he was not going deep and couldn’t control his pitches.
The only time he was even given the slightest chance to start he was told a week before the end of spring training and never allowed to get stretched out.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Give it a few weeks. O’Neill will get hurt and then finish the year with disappointing numbers. Dude has literally one good season and can’t stay healthy. I’m not going to lose sleep over his hot start.

I have a lot of issues with management but letting him go is not one of them.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Give it a few weeks. O’Neill will get hurt and then finish the year with disappointing numbers. Dude has literally one good season and can’t stay healthy. I’m not going to lose sleep over his hot start.

I have a lot of issues with management but letting him go is not one of them.
I was fine letting him go too. It just seems like with the way the Cards are going he'll have an MVP caliber season.

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I was fine letting him go too. It just seems like with the way the Cards are going he'll have an MVP caliber season.
I could see that happening. Then he signs a big contract in the offseason; reverts back to being injury-prone and never lives up to his new contract. He's just too risky.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Someone sell me on Burleson. I can’t think of anything he does particularly well.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
It won't happen, but I'd rather see Siani on the team than Burleson. I think Scott gets sent down when Nootbaar comes back, and he'll be back up, but him and Siani have proved the value to defense. It's nice to finally have some decent competition for our batters. Baker, Prieto, and Fermin have all gotten off to great starts in AAA as well.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
well it was a better week for them but getting destroyed by a winless team with one of your dumpster dive signings is pretty fitting

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
"After a rough first inning, Kyle Gibson bounced back to go a full six innings, showcasing his pro demeanor."

7ER in 6IP. Whoever does the MLB.com headlines for the Cardinals should get into politics, amazing spin!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad