OT: OT: Lets Go Cardinals! (All Baseball Talk Here) Part 2

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
So it looks like there are three or four teams out there with crazy money to spend this off-season. I don’t blame the Cardinals for not being in on Seger or shows are considering.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Jose Rondon was non-tendered so he is no longer with the Cards. Which makes no sense for a team looking for infield depth. Unless Sosa and DeJong are going to be our depth infielders and we're going after someone like Story and signing Pujols as a bench bat. Outside of Matz the Cards offseason makes zero sense

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Rondon isn't a major league level bat or a high-end defender, so he has very little use. Don't see the point in making a big deal about him being non-tendered.

Even if we don't go after a high-end SS, we still have Gorman to come up to play at 2B.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Jose Rondon was non-tendered so he is no longer with the Cards. Which makes no sense for a team looking for infield depth. Unless Sosa and DeJong are going to be our depth infielders and we're going after someone like Story and signing Pujols as a bench bat. Outside of Matz the Cards offseason makes zero sense
Rondon was very limited defensively and his hitting was so-so. He’s more or less a journeyman AAAA player. Seems like they’re seeing what their young guys (Yepez, Gorman, Nootbar, Donovan) can do in a role similar to Rondon.

Reactions: joe galiba

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Team isn't really looking for infield depth at all.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
We’re less than an hour in and I’m already tired of these statements from the League and PA. Just shut the f*** up until you come to an agreement and then tell us. You both think you’re right, whatever. Just get it done.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
We’re less than an hour in and I’m already tired of these statements from the League and PA. Just shut the f*** up until you come to an agreement and then tell us. You both think you’re right, whatever. Just get it done.

It's always fun to see multimillionaires argue over who deserves even more money, isn't it?

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Lots of Smoke around The Cards and Story. If the Cards pull this off I will be in absolute shock.
After freeing up all the cash from last year I just don’t understand how this isn’t done already unless he doesn’t want to play here, which seems unlikely. It’s by far our weakest position, there are several great options available at that position, make something happen. I don’t want a really long term deal for him because I have more concerns about him leaving Colorado than I did Nolan or Holliday, but a shorter big money deal just seems like a no brainer for the Cards.

Reactions: Linkens Mastery

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
We didn't free up any cash though - all the savings from guys like Miller and Marp are going to Arenado - Colorado paid for his contract last year, we're on the hook for it this year.

That said, I think we should go after Story or Correa pretty hard.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
We didn't free up any cash though - all the savings from guys like Miller and Marp are going to Arenado - Colorado paid for his contract last year, we're on the hook for it this year.

That said, I think we should go after Story or Correa pretty hard.
Story 100% yes, I want nothing to do with that cheater Correa.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
If
Oh look, two of our best young pitchers are already having injury issues. Super lol.
If Flaherty ends up going the road of Alan Benes it's going to be tragic. Two not quite generational arms, but not far off either, careers completely derailed.. Happens a lot in this game, particularly with pitchers.
The list of Cardinals arms alone that were never able to catch a break is probably staggering.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad