OT - HF Fantasy Football

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I never did auction before, what is it?

I am however screwed Wednesday. I have 2 drafts already. Although I'm not opposed to autodraft.

Every team has a budget. Usually 100$

Everyone takes turns nominating a player.

When a player is nominated, you have the opportunity to bid on that player. Highest bid acquires the player.

Pro: Draft is more strategic. For example, If you like Forte but dislike Lacy you could nominate Lacy to get 1 GM to spend his money on Lacy thus increasing your chances to get Forte. You can spend money early on big names. Save money for later to acquire mulitple good players for less money.

Pro: You have the opportunity to acquire any player in the draft, provided you are the highest bidder.

Con: Draft time is a bit longer. Can become more boring towards the end when everyone spent all their money and your bidding 1 or 2$ on kickers and backups.

cjrw83

Dec 2, 2013
PM me if anyone needs someone in a fantasy hockey and/or football league.
I'd love to do some thins year!

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
if anyone needs an extra body let me know

BTW

Hockey is up and running as well

PM me if anyone needs someone in a fantasy hockey and/or football league.
I'd love to do some thins year!

So i created a league.

It's going to be an Auction draft (hopefully that will appeal to more people)

Standard scoring. Standard Roster.

Draft is Tuesday night but i can change that if it works better on a different day for most.

https://yho.com/nfl?l=1206569&k=b2444ea8c2a8406f

Join this one.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Think my 10 team standard scoring draft went reasonably well last night

Brady

Forte
Bernard
Morris
Moreno
Pierce

Marshall
Jackson
Harvin
Tate
Shorts
Baldwin

Rudolph

Cardinals

Walsh

With kicker and defense likely being switched out every week for the best match up on the waiver wire.

J4M13M

Jun 4, 2014
Saint John NB
Autopick sucks. I got a bad QB duo thanks to yahoo. My kickers and defences are too stacked. Might trade for better positions.

No trades for better QB allowed until after you play me in week 1! :sarcasm:

I like my draft. I wasn't sure the night of the draft, but when I look at my team now, I like the way it came together. This is my first 2 QB leagie, and the scoring is delightfully confusing for a stat guy such as myself. I think this league will be my favorite of the 3 I'm in this year.

J4M13M

Jun 4, 2014
Saint John NB
Random fantasy football question for another league:

Should I start Kendall Wright or Golden Tate as WR3 (Fitzgerald and Cobb are 1-2)? I'm torn, and looking for any advice I can get.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013

Should I start Kendall Wright or Golden Tate as WR3 (Fitzgerald and Cobb are 1-2)? I'm torn, and looking for any advice I can get.

I'd go Tate.

www.fantasypros.com

You can import your team and they tell you the best options for each week and compile news reports about the players. Would take the fun out of it to just follow that all the time but it's a good resource.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
This is my main team that I drafted off the top of my head:

QB: Stafford, Kaepernick
RB: Lacy, Rice, Gore
WR: Bryant, Jeffrey, Edelman
TE: J.Thomas
K: Dawson
Def: Seattle

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Think my 10 team standard scoring draft went reasonably well last night

Brady

Forte
Bernard
Morris
Moreno
Pierce

Marshall
Jackson
Harvin
Tate
Shorts
Baldwin

Rudolph

Cardinals

Walsh

With kicker and defense likely being switched out every week for the best match up on the waiver wire.

Your team and K/D strategy is relatively good. You might be able to afford to deal a RB for a WR if you wanted to though, Forte/Bernard/Morris are all pretty good while DeSean/Harvin are riskier at WR to go with behind Marshall. Depends on health and if DeSean/Garcon can work well together (with Griffin).

I'd go Kendall Wright. He's the No.1 option for the Titans while Tate is the No.2 in Detroit, Wright has the higher fantasy potential.

This is my main team that I drafted off the top of my head:

QB: Stafford, Kaepernick
RB: Lacy, Rice, Gore
WR: Bryant, Jeffrey, Edelman
TE: J.Thomas
K: Dawson
Def: Seattle

Relatively solid team. Hopefully Rice/Gore hold up, but you have a championship shot.

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
Your team and K/D strategy is relatively good. You might be able to afford to deal a RB for a WR if you wanted to though, Forte/Bernard/Morris are all pretty good while DeSean/Harvin are riskier at WR to go with behind Marshall. Depends on health and if DeSean/Garcon can work well together (with Griffin).

My bad should have specified, it's Vincent Jackson, not DeSean.

NuHOPE91

Connors House
Aug 9, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Just completed my startup draft in a 5 year dynasty league and here is what I ended up with after the draft...

QB:
Nick Foles
Ryan Tannehill
Johnny Manziel

WR:
Dez Bryant
Antonio Brown
Kendall Wright
Brian Hartline
Greg Jennings
Hakeem Nicks
Allen Robinson

RB:
Reggie Bush
Giovani Benard
Pierre Thomas
Benard Pierce
Bryce Brown

TE:
Julious Thomas
Richard Rodgers

K:
Adam Vinateri

DEF:
New England Patriots
Cleveland Browns

Next Year Picks:
RND 1
RND 2
RND 3

That is how my team shaked out post draft but since then I have made one move...

Aquired:
Tavon Austin
Heath Miller
2nd RND Pick

Sent:
Greg Jennings
1st Round Pick

Dropped:
Richard Rodgers

I am happy I was able to upgrade to a younger wide out in Austin over Jennings but am unhappy about sending my first pick and i think I might regret sending Rodgers to waivers instead of say Manziel or the Browns Defence....As Rodgers was just named the seasons started in Green Bay.

All in all how do you think my team faired? Thanks!!

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

i would roll tate, monday night and stafford loves to toss the ball burelson was a legit fantasy WR the last couple years because of the coverage Megatron gets. Plus the giants defence is pretty suspect to the passing game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad