OT - HF Fantasy Football

BleedOil83

Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton
I've renewed HF Edmonton II but I'm only going to keep it if we do a couple different things. If anyone has interest in joining, it's been around since 2009 and has some great managers. Now...

I really don't have that much time for FF this year so if we do this, I want to try something very unorthodox. If you're only doing one league this year, this probably isn't for you because it's going to be VERY different. In addition to a typical PPR league, I'm thinking...

- 2 QBs
- Points for completions/incompletions/sacks
- Points for rushing/receiving first downs
- Yardage bonuses

With attempts to make everyone valued at around the same - although this will likely be impossible. It will almost certainly be absurd but the key being that the complexity - and likely imbalance somewhere - will increase the difficulty and therefore competition. The other goal will be for matchups to be pretty volatile and have the potential to go down to the wire every Sunday/Monday night.

Thoughts or requests for an invite?

BleedOil83

Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton
I've renewed HF Edmonton II but I'm only going to keep it if we do a couple different things. If anyone has interest in joining, it's been around since 2009 and has some great managers. Now...

I really don't have that much time for FF this year so if we do this, I want to try something very unorthodox. If you're only doing one league this year, this probably isn't for you because it's going to be VERY different. In addition to a typical PPR league, I'm thinking...

- 2 QBs
- Points for completions/incompletions/sacks
- Points for rushing/receiving first downs
- Yardage bonuses

With attempts to make everyone valued at around the same - although this will likely be impossible. It will almost certainly be absurd but the key being that the complexity - and likely imbalance somewhere - will increase the difficulty and therefore competition. The other goal will be for matchups to be pretty volatile and have the potential to go down to the wire every Sunday/Monday night.

Thoughts or requests for an invite?
Without checking what this calculates out to (which I will), something like this:
p36bGt4.jpg

BleedOil83

Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton
Another question. What is the playoff format?
Sorry, I guess I'm missing a lot of detail.

- 12 teams (10 if necessary)
- Top six make the playoffs; top two get a bye
- Week 14, 15, 16 playoffs
- FAAB for waivers
- Deep roster: 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, D/ST, K, 7 Bench

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
If anyone wants to do an Nfl.com league I'd be in for sure.
Was in the hf oilers 2 league last year but I'm just not a fan of the other websites interfaces.

Full standard non ppr scoring and lineups, I'll set it up if there is enough interest.

Last edited:

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
If anyone wants to do an Nfl.com league I'd be in for sure.
Was in the hf oilers 2 league last year but I'm just not a fan of the other websites interfaces.

Full standard non ppt scoring and lineups, I'll set it up if there is enough interest.[/Q

Last edited:

SabreOil

Jul 23, 2013
I'll join a league if any people need/want me too. I'm only in 1 this year so far and would like to join more. Just send me a message.

J4M13M

Jun 4, 2014
Saint John NB
I signed up, but I realize I'm pretty low on the totem pole here. If someone with more tenure wants the spot, I'm okay with being bumped...

BleedOil83

Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton
I emailed this to all the league owners but I'll post it here too just so I don't have people losing it on me come draft day (or worse, after).

Regarding HF Edmonton II and this year's (drastic) rule changes:

--

Since this is a free league, I want to experiment a little with the new scoring categories Yahoo has added this year. I'm going to try to balance them out so the key is still basically drafting the best players, but full disclaimer - things could get a little bit goofy and the points each week can be pretty crazy. If anyone has any major concerns about this, email me because it will take something completely absurd to make any rule changes after the draft.

I encourage you to view all categories vs Yahoo defaults on the Scoring & Settings screen but here are the key changes:

- QB accuracy and how much they throw will be rewarded: completions = 0.5; incomplete passes = 0.5; yardage points are for 30 instead of 25. Completion % over a full season is very important. There are also TWO QB starters this year.

- Given today's pass-happy NFL, rushing will be boosted by giving 0.3 points per ATTEMPT and making the bonuses easier to come by. This is for all rushers, QBs included. Rushing first downs will also garner 0.5 points.

- Receiving first downs will also garner a point

I ran some examples to balance it out if you're interested. All points are rounded but are fractional in reality.

Great game:
QB: 370 yards, 28/35, 4 TD 1 INT 2 Sacks = 40 PTS
RB: 25 carries for 140 yards, 4 catches for 50 yards, 2 TD, 6 first downs = 48 PTS
WR: 9 catches for 160 yards, 3 TD, 3 first downs = 46 PTS

Decent game:
QB: 250 yards, 21/35, 2 TD 1 INT 2 Sacks = 20 PTS
RB: 16 carries for 70 yards, 2 catches for 20, 1 TD = 22 PTS
WR: 5 catches for 90 yards, 1 TD = 20 PTS

Poor game:
QB: 150 yards, 10/20, 1 TD 2 INT 3 Sacks = 5.5 PTS
RB: 10 carries for 30 yards, 1 catch for 10 = 8 PTS
WR: 2 catches for 50 yards = 7 PTS

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Re-opened the pickem league on Yahoo that didn't have many guys last year.

Group ID is 22968 and password is oilers.

Last edited:

Teddy Peckman

Aug 17, 2006
Sherwood Park, AB
Sorry guys, I haven't been around lately, but I was in the pool since 2009, although I think I missed last season. If anyone has any room available in a pool let me know. Would love to get into something again.

J4M13M

Jun 4, 2014
Saint John NB
In case anyone isn't aware, Yahoo had some glitches recently. they say they fixed it, but my league found that connecting using 3G/4G on the mobile app was touch and go. If possible, I recommend drafting from wifi on a computer if possible.

I ended up with an auto-pick in the 4th round, but it wasn't so bad for me. Another guy ended up with 7 RB, so he was less happy. Lol.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Wow, sorry guys. I think that's the first draft I've ever missed on Yahoo - I had no clue it was so early. :( I have Manziel as a starting quarterback - I guess I deserve that haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad