OT: Fitness and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm reporting in, this is my world.

I just got back to running a lot after winter/exams.

Still need to get my gym membership, though.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
I have a soccer game pretty much every Sunday in the summer and even for a part of the winter. As long as there isn't any snow outside, I try to go 2 more times a week to the soccer field, most of the times with friends, to practice technical aspects of my game (and mostly because it's fun, especially when it's hot). Combining that with some tennis is often an option

Last semester, I began going to the gym about 3 times a week. I'm still not ripped or anything since I started from pretty much nothing but I've made progress. I won't pay 200-300$ to go to a real gym this summer but my friend has pretty much everything you need in his basement so that should do it. I'll try to go at least 2 times a week but I've never tried to do both that and a lot of soccer at the same time so we'll see how it goes I guess. Soccer > gym for me but maybe I'll be able to do both.

Occasionally, I play some hockey cosom with friends and a few times a year some golf too. I would probably play a lot more if it was cheaper since right now I'm a not very rich college student. Basketball isn't out of question either but I kinda suck at everything but passing the ball so it's not my favourite sport :laugh:

All in all, I really like doing various sports although I'm not a superstar in any of them.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I have a soccer game pretty much every Sunday in the summer and even for a part of the winter. As long as there isn't any snow outside, I try to go 2 more times a week to the soccer field, most of the times with friends, to practice technical aspects of my game (and mostly because it's fun, especially when it's hot). Combining that with some tennis is often an option

Last semester, I began going to the gym about 3 times a week. I'm still not ripped or anything since I started from pretty much nothing but I've made progress. I won't pay 200-300$ to go to a real gym this summer but my friend has pretty much everything you need in his basement so that should do it. I'll try to go at least 2 times a week but I've never tried to do both that and a lot of soccer at the same time so we'll see how it goes I guess. Soccer > gym for me but maybe I'll be able to do both.

Occasionally, I play some hockey cosom with friends and a few times a year some golf too. I would probably play a lot more if it was cheaper since right now I'm a not very rich college student. Basketball isn't out of question either but I kinda suck at everything but passing the ball so it's not my favourite sport :laugh:

All in all, I really like doing various sports although I'm not a superstar in any of them.

Play a fair bit of tennis myself. One of my favorite sports to play, when I'm not golfing. If I could afford not to work I would golf every day. Some ball-hockey is pretty fun in the summer months as well.

Usually I do a fair amount of running in the summer as well. I'm not a fan of running on a treadmill, just doesn't do it for me. I go to the gym mostly for strength training and do my cardio outside of the gym, but everyone has their routine.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I'm just starting crossfit and trying to get my diet under control. Used to play ball hockey, but stopped because it was too far and because I couldn't keep up.

Used to be pretty fit, had a semi-strict diet and worked out regularly, but then I met my wife-to-be, included some of the scrap she ate in my diet, slowly worked out less and less for various reasons... and gained weight. Then we had children (1 and 3), and time completely slipped away from me, found no time to do anything physically, no time to eat properly + my kids are picky eaters.... ended up ganing A LOT of weight.

So yeah, I'm starting from a pretty ****** place, but the crossfit place I joined looks like it's a great place to be and it's ran by great people. My wife also knows about my goals so hopefully I can reach them within a year.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
All I do is eat poutine and lift & grunt heavy.

jk jk... i gotta get back to the gym, though. luckily there's one close to my new house, so biking would be good cardio to and from it.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Exercising is important but nutrition is the key. 90% of physical fitness starts at the dinner table! That is the lesson I have learned in 50+ years

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Here's my routine:

-Riding the bike or commuting and walking to work.

-Sitting on my ass typing on the computer in a way that increases my bank account.

Try to get away from poutine and fast food in general... relatively easy, just pretend you're gluten intolerant.

Try to get away from drinking beer as much as you can... emphasis on 'can'.

I usually manage to balance things out every week. Gained only 5 pounds in the last 10 years, not that bad.

DailyKaizen

I'm just starting crossfit and trying to get my diet under control. Used to play ball hockey, but stopped because it was too far and because I couldn't keep up.

Used to be pretty fit, had a semi-strict diet and worked out regularly, but then I met my wife-to-be, included some of the scrap she ate in my diet, slowly worked out less and less for various reasons... and gained weight. Then we had children (1 and 3), and time completely slipped away from me, found no time to do anything physically, no time to eat properly + my kids are picky eaters.... ended up ganing A LOT of weight.

So yeah, I'm starting from a pretty ****** place, but the crossfit place I joined looks like it's a great place to be and it's ran by great people. My wife also knows about my goals so hopefully I can reach them within a year.

Note to self: Leave nothing to chance, be the master of your own path.

MasterD best of luck in your pursuits we shall all miss you at ball hockey.

V

Live long and prosper.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I slack off most of the year but I tend to lose weight but strapping on a 75 lbs vest and walking uphill/speed walking on my treadmill till it says I hit 1000 calories. In reality the weighted vest makes me burn more than 1000 and my legs get a good workout.

When I stick to it 15-20 lbs loss first month I guess. After that I assume it would be lower.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
I do a half hour of elliptical at home and 25 to 30 kms a day cycling. I also lift weights every day. I eat 6 little meals a day (mostly proteins) and snack on fruit between them. I was 217 lbs this last Xmas and now i'm 191 lbs.

I used to train HARD but 3-4 times a week but what clicked for my body type is that now i do it 6 times a week and train lighter in weights and i do my reps slower and concentrated; i:e i try to lower the weights always slower than when i pushed em up.

If i'm putting my training for y'all to see its only cause i'm close to 59 yrs old and i do this all after a day's work. Losing weight when youre older is possible and i do a little EVERYDAY so i guess thats what works for me.

My thinking is thats its MY health; MY life and if i dont have time to train i'll freakin' MAKE the time. Dont expect to see a change IF YOU DONT MAKE ONE !

If training and health is important to you then you will find a way to do it.
If not you'll find an excuse not to..
.:shakehead

Picture i took a week ago from my FB page:

BKxPNNn.jpg

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Exercising is important but nutrition is the key. 90% of physical fitness starts at the dinner table! That is the lesson I have learned in 50+ years

This. I cut out juice, pop and fast food a few years ago. Drink water with 99% of my meals. Feel much better. I also barely drink alcohol now too. Try to avoid processed food as much as I can.

Eat to live not the other way around.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
training for sprint series triathalon series. going to travel a little bit with work as part of a team that competes in these. I'm a middle of the pack guy, but it helps get in shape for hockey......and added space for beer!!!!

katatoniak

Feb 5, 2009
Jonquiere, Qc
3 weeks done in the insanity workout. I can see a massive difference. I really start enjoy doing it. Rollerblade season starts soon too, I usually do something like 20/25 km a day to keep my legs in shape for hockey in september. I play 3 times a week from september to april

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad