OT-CFL Team in Quebec city???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
actually you're right im wrong

basically in case there's ever a move union will vote against it if owner decides to move, tomorrow there's just some meeting with the city.

If the players have the choice between one less team (no Ti-Cats at all) and a team relocated what do you think they'll vote for?

Kebekoi

Oct 3, 2006
Matane, QC
If he wanted, Peladeau could have built a CFL stadium in the place of the Hippodrome and manage the two business with even more convergence and allow him to have a sport tenant for TVA Sports nearly all year long.

Turboflex*

The Hamilton mayor and council are being idiotic about their arena plans. They deserve to lose their CFL team.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Québec is a football town, been there for that Als off-season game against Ott 4-5 years ago, cool.. Near the end of the game, locals and Gades fans were throwing stuf at each others :)

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I'm affraid of the consequences it might have on the Rouge & Or. It is owned by the same person that has the Remparts. Tanguay family or something? They are said to have tons of money, I wonder if they'd be interested in the project.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
I'm affraid of the consequences it might have on the Rouge & Or. It is owned by the same person that has the Remparts. Tanguay family or something? They are said to have tons of money, I wonder if they'd be interested in the project.

Patrick Roy owns the Remparts..

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Quebec always blow stuff in the air but nothing really happen.

Still waiting for that new arena..............

TankEller*

Quebec always blow stuff in the air but nothing really happen.

Still waiting for that new arena..............

The clown they have at the position of mayor sure doesn't make their reputation any better... Quebec is what we call "voisins gonflables" in French language.

BoNeS42

Aug 19, 2006
The clown they have at the position of mayor sure doesn't make their reputation any better... Quebec is what we call "voisins gonflables" in French language.

I don't know what super city you are from but I'm from Montreal and I take Labeaume any day of the week.

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
This is getting stranger by the day. The City called the Ti-Cats owners Bluff and are building the new stadium on the downtown waterfront.

My Understanding is that the City counselors want to re-vitalize the downtown core, but the CFL owner/Govt want the stadium by the Hi-Way where they can make a ton on advertising rights as it will be more visible & better access...etc.

If Quebec City or Moncton can work something out for 2012, at this point who knows? The only thing that's sure is the Ti-Cats will leave Ivor Wynne after the lease expires in 2011.

Link:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/2010/08/11/ticats_harbour/

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
The CFL has also come out backing ticats ownership
(like there was a chance that they'd do anything different)

I still believe that this is just posturing and an agreement will be reached

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
This is getting stranger by the day. The City called the Ti-Cats owners Bluff and are building the new stadium on the downtown waterfront.

My Understanding is that the City counselors want to re-vitalize the downtown core, but the CFL owner/Govt want the stadium by the Hi-Way where they can make a ton on advertising rights as it will be more visible & better access...etc.

If Quebec City or Moncton can work something out for 2012, at this point who knows? The only thing that's sure is the Ti-Cats will leave Ivor Wynne after the lease expires in 2011.

Link:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/2010/08/11/ticats_harbour/

From this article:

Young also shot down rumours that a deal to move the team to Quebec City was in place.

"Not that I'm aware of," he said. "I'm looking forward to someone coming up with a solution for this because the way this thing is playing out is very scary for the future of Hamilton Tiger-Cat franchise."

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

As a citizen of Quebec City for 30 years, I wonder why things like these aren't getting you warnings on this board. This is borderline racism. You are not stating any facts. You are only getting away with it because there are no French moderators.

Back to relevant things, re:CFL in Quebec City.

The CFL in Quebec City: a hard business challenge if I can see one!. There's an existing love story between the city and the Rouge+Or organization, in the same way there was(is) with the Nordiques (RE: AHL not working). It could work, but they would have to build the experience around "extending" the Rouge+Or branding, parties and yes, most importantly a bigger stadium@ the peps. I believe the funds are possibly there, but it's borderline.

TankEller*

No I think you're from Venus.

Seriously do you enjoy going out of your way to start feuds and act in a antagonistic way? You seem like a very bitter person.

As a citizen of Quebec City for 30 years, I wonder why things like these aren't getting you warnings on this board. This is borderline racism. You are not stating any facts. You are only getting away with it because there are no French moderators.

Back to relevant things, re:CFL in Quebec City.

The CFL in Quebec City: a hard business challenge if I can see one!. There's an existing love story between the city and the Rouge+Or organization, in the same way there was(is) with the Nordiques (RE: AHL not working). It could work, but they would have to build the experience around "extending" the Rouge+Or branding, parties and yes, most importantly a bigger stadium@ the peps. I believe the funds are possibly there, but it's borderline.

How is it racism? This is just pure truth. Say what you want about Labeaume, he's a clown who can't stand criticism, even though he's being put in a leadership position with high responsibilities. He's behaving like a little crybaby. What frustrates me is how people think he'd be better than Tremblay in Montreal. This isn't even the same world, they're in two completely different leagues.

As for the CFL in Quebec, as others mentionned, Hamilton has to stay. And I think they will. The organization doesn't have the intention of moving the franchise. It's all negociation tactics.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
How is it racism? This is just pure truth. Say what you want about Labeaume, he's a clown who can't stand criticism, even though he's being put in a leadership position with high responsibilities. He's behaving like a little crybaby. What frustrates me is how people think he'd be better than Tremblay in Montreal. This isn't even the same world, they're in two completely different leagues.

As for the CFL in Quebec, as others mentionned, Hamilton has to stay. And I think they will. The organization doesn't have the intention of moving the franchise. It's all negociation tactics.

Same old same old. Anytime you give a tag to a group of ONE MILLION people and think it's the "truth" your just perpetuating the worst human trait of all.

Disagree with Labeaume all you want, attack HIM all you want. But don't attack me, you don't know me, my family or my friends! Just a FYI, there's no such thing as "inferiority complex" or "voisins gonflables" it's just in your imagination. In fact, Quebecers have everything to feel very confident right now vs the rest of North America, thank you very much.

TankEller*

Same old same old. Anytime you give a tag to a group of ONE MILLION people and think it's the "truth" your just perpetuating the worst human trait of all.

Disagree with Labeaume all you want, attack HIM all you want. But don't attack me, you don't know me, my family or my friends! Just a FYI, there's no such thing as "inferiority complex" or "voisins gonflables" it's just in your imagination. In fact, Quebecers have everything to feel very confident right now vs the rest of North America, thank you very much.

I don't know who the hell peed in your coffee this morning, but I never insulted Quebec City's population. Neither have I attacked you in any way. I was born nearby Quebec for christ sakes, which proves I'm not attacking anybody.

As far as Labeaume is concerned, all I've said about him is how much of a clown he is, pouting and getting all angry like a lil' crybaby each and every single time someone disagrees with him. He also has the ridiculous tendency to try and make Quebec a rival of Montreal, when both of those cities are in two completely different realities and two different leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad