OT-CFL Team in Quebec city???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoNeS42

Aug 19, 2006
Hum.. This could make the football market even bigger in Quebec and I think this is a good thing. Aka more media moving from hockey to football to cover it.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
I don't believe it. He just wants to put pressure on a blind city council. I'm not surprised. I lived in Hamilton from 82 to 84. Worst 2 years of my existence. HATED the city. Bland, ugly, uninteresting. The harbor was a dump at the time. Boy, was it ugly.

Went to Ivor Wynne a couple of times. HATED the experience. Worst than in Ottawa.

I wouldn't cry if it happened, but one thing is for sure Hamilton would become a tier-3 town in Canada...as if it wasn't one already.

Dogbert*

I don't believe it. He just wants to put pressure on a blind city council. I'm not surprised. I lived in Hamilton from 82 to 84. Worst 2 years of my existence. HATED the city. Bland, ugly, uninteresting. The harbor was a dump at the time. Boy, was it ugly.

Went to Ivor Wynne a couple of times. HATED the experience. Worst than in Ottawa.

I wouldn't cry if it happened, but one thing is for sure Hamilton would become a tier-3 town in Canada...as if it wasn't one already.

It's even more of a dump now.

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
Not going to happen, they have the Commonwealth games in Hamilton coming up & need a new stadium for it. Pressure tactics by owner, I heard they are arguing over location of new Hamilton Stadium.

ReVeuF

May 24, 2008
Montréal
This will be AWESOME, a rivalry between Quebec and Montreal in football. Quebec already have the Rouge et Or who is dominating the college football, it might hurt them.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Aww, and here I thought they were moving the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to Quebec City and make them the first Canadian team in the NFL.

Aww schucks.

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
Did not see this coming.

I would love a CFL team in Québec, but not at the expense of another team. This needs to become a 10 team league IMO.

gee

Jun 28, 2007
Winnipeg
it could work as a situation for hamilton like in the NFL with the Browns. Franchise swap with the Ti-cats moving to community ownership (if only temporarily until a private owner is found). Bob sets up shop elsewhere.

tiredman

Nov 10, 2003
We would need a new stadium to have a team.

The Peps stadium is too small.

RE-HABS

Feb 27, 2002
CANADA
Maybe a new stadium is something else to be in place for the Quebec City 2022 Olympic bid?

I would say Hamilton would get another team, or maybe the Argo's would just move to the Burlington area if the Pan Am stadium is built there, then they would be the Toronto-Hamilton team as two teams couldn't play there in the CFL.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Ouch, the CFL will be hurt if Hamilton loses the Ti-Cats. That's a lot of history.

tiredman

Nov 10, 2003

I don't think a lot of people really follows this league here.

And even with a team... I'm not also sure it would work. Maybe if it's a local owner and if it's supported by the local medias... Otherwise, I don't see this working.

Zeroknowledge*

haha

I have a source

I know everyone says that but whatever

player union will most likely vote against this tomorrow or by the end of this week. Owner's also mostly bluffing to get his demands met.

Zeroknowledge*

players union to vote against what? nothing to vote for as of yet...

actually you're right im wrong

basically in case there's ever a move union will vote against it if owner decides to move, tomorrow there's just some meeting with the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad