Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Those players you listed aren't good enough to play in the OHL simple as that. London gets players to come who wouldn't show up in other markets. There are only so many spots each year on your team and those players you listed are not better than the others on the team.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
question for generals updates and any other real gens fan.
why do jones and hunt not get called out on how they treat several young men with regards to their careers? the list in jones' tenure is long - burt, sparkes, gottschalk, mundell, allison, rupoli just to name a few (I know there are many more). when the knights sign a kid they develop him properly. they just don't give up and sign (yet another) NHL players kid. what gives?
All players mentioned were put on waivers to further deveop there careers, so I don't know what's the point of your post.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
All players mentioned were put on waivers to further deveop there careers, so I don't know what's the point of your post.
Don't get his post at all other than to start a fight. Looks like he just went through the roster to look at games played and players released. Knows nothing about the team make up at all. Kind of hard for Jones to develop players this year since he hasn't coached a game in 2017. Ignore this loser

Last edited:

GensLensBrandon

Nov 28, 2017
Hey, all Gens fans, I have been writing a website for the good portion of this season so far, and I figured I could start posting the links to the posts here. I would appreciate all feedback from you guys! Here's the link to my most recent article on the past weekend! Oshawa’s Offence Pushes for a 2 Win Weekend

I post pretty well a few times a week, more so after weekends and when talk worthy events take place!

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Friday dec 1st
Gens 5
Knights 3
GWG Wong

Saturday December 2nd
Gens 3
Spitfire 2
GWG Noel

Sunday December 3rd
Gens 1
Sting 3
GWG Rymsha

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Too bad. The starting goalie in Georgetown is an OA who's 17-4-1 with a .945 save %. Not going to get many starts over him
I think It doesn't really matter as we have Mario Peccia + Kyle Keyser and they will be back next season so there wouldn't be any playing time for him here either.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
The good side for Torchia is at least he is on a winning team with a record that is almost the opposite of Stouffville's!

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Zachary Paputsakis is pushing Torchia for top goalie prospect. He stopped 31/32 last game and leads the CCHL2 (I know that isn't the best league) in every single category. And he's an '01 rookie goalie. 1.94 GAA and .933 save % while being 11-2-1

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Naz, I think Torchia has a chance to crack the Gens next year as both Peccia and Keyser are both '99s while Torchia, a 2000, could be a back up next year. The Gens don't want to lose both'99s at the same time. We will have to see about Paputsakis after a year in a more challenging level. Also, a lot of those eastern Ontario league players choose the college route...remember Summers?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
CCHL2 is almost a glorified Midget/Jr. C level is it not?

Honestly no idea. But a 6'3 goalie who's 16 with numbers that good in any league are enough to get my interest lol. He was the 6th goalie taken overall in that draft and he was invite to the OHL Gold Cup after the draft so he was a legit prospect coming out of the draft

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Naz, I think Torchia has a chance to crack the Gens next year as both Peccia and Keyser are both '99s while Torchia, a 2000, could be a back up next year. The Gens don't want to lose both'99s at the same time. We will have to see about Paputsakis after a year in a more challenging level. Also, a lot of those eastern Ontario league players choose the college route...remember Summers?

Keyser will be gone after next year (signed by Boston) but Peccia likely will be here for another 2 years after this year because he won't be getting signed this off-season

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Not if Keyser and Peccia are here.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Torchia will have playing time next year in Georgetown.

Yeah, although Georgetown is in the OHL equivalent of the "all-in". Majority of their team is veterans now so they'll probably be bad next year. But that's not a huge deal. Playing time is playing time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad