Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEPSIHEAD

May 15, 2004
I’m away for a bit so here are my two picks for the two games before the break.

Oshawa 4

Peterborough 2

GWG: Noel

Oshawa 4

Guelph 3

GWG: Studnicka

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Such a frustrating game to watch. Keyser was great. Stopped 35/35 shots that didn't deflect off his D-man's skate and go in lol.

Cormier reminded me so much of Ken Appleby tonight.

I really liked the Henderson-Studnicka-Noel line tonight, Noel fed Henderson for 2 tap-in goals but got robbed by Cormier both times.

I guess tonight is what we hope for a bunch more times this year. Gens play pretty good but lose in regulation lol. This team isn't finishing in the top 4 so seeing the 2nd round would be considered an upset. That high pick and young player is looking more and more valuable as the losses continue to pile up

So I guess you are coming over to the darkside now.... LOL

Erie will move their pieces and drop down with Flint. We are right there with north bay and sudbury. For me all 19 and 20 year olds are available. There is no shame in playing the young guys lots and adding a couple real good 16 year olds next year.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
So I guess you are coming over to the darkside now.... LOL

Erie will move their pieces and drop down with Flint. We are right there with north bay and sudbury. For me all 19 and 20 year olds are available. There is no shame in playing the young guys lots and adding a couple real good 16 year olds next year.

I still think this team is as talented as anyone other than Hamilton in the Eastern Conference. But I certainly wasn't expecting 19th PK and 20th PP. With basically the exact same personnel on both units as last year, it blows my mind. I still don't see the Gens missing the playoffs though. So that would mean a 1st round pick around 5-7 even if the Gens are low in the Eastern Conference standings come the end of the year.

Let's hope Mississauga sells because the Gens have their 2nd round pick in the next draft. So if Missy stays where they are now, that pick would be like 22nd overall

I wonder if Hunt knows if Vancouver intends on signing Brassard or not. That would factor very largely into a Stillman trade or not. If Brassard is going to be signed, then move him and give Blacker more minutes. If Brassard isn't going to get signed, move Stillman and give Blacker more minutes

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Noel, McShane and Gross are all invited to the Top Prospects Game in Guelph on Jan 25th. Although the timing sucks because that's the Thursday, then the Gens have a 3-in-3 the Fri/Sat/Sun, so each player will need to sit out 1 of those games because you can't play 4 games in 4 nights under CHL rules

Oshawa and Halifax were the only CHL teams with 3+ players invited. Gens 2000 born class is going to dominate the OHL when they're the veteran players on the team

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Also, Brock Otten just released his annual trade deadline predictions:

-Stillman to HAM for Jackson+2 2nds+2 3rds
-Henderson to BAR for BAR for 3rd+4th
-Krastenbergs to SAG for 3 3rds
-Brassard/Huether/Allen stay in Oshawa

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Hi Oshawa Fans.
Alex Di Carlo:
What's Di Carlo's story?
Is he at home waiting for a trade?
What kind of player is he?
Thanks

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Hi Oshawa Fans.
Alex Di Carlo:
What's Di Carlo's story?
Thanks
Don't know why he is not playing as no mention of a injury but I did see him at a Christmas event today for kids.as far as waiting for a trade who knows as being an OA makes it hard to trade him.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Hi Oshawa Fans.
Alex Di Carlo:
What's Di Carlo's story?
Thanks

No he's with the team. Just is the odd D-man out. Not because of talent, just because the young D need to be playing every game

Last edited:

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Word around twitter seems to be that Stillman might be going to Sarnia as early as tomorrow
That word around twitter didn't mention a name just said a Depth Dman and Sarnia has the picks to get it done, well that's fine and dandy but there has to be a player involved,I guess time will tell after all tis the season for giving and receiving.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
That word around twitter didn't mention a name just said a Depth Dman and Sarnia has the picks to get it done, well that's fine and dandy but there has to be a player involved,I guess time will tell after all tis the season for giving and receiving.

That's just an OHL insiders tweet. I went into a little more research than just him and asked around

And why does there have to be a player involved? Gens just want picks. They'd be moving Stillman because they already have too many D and want Blacker playing every game, so don't need another one or that defeats the purpose of moving Stillman. And you're not going to get an impact F for Stillman (unless Hunt pulls something crazy). My guess would be 2nd+3rd+3rd, which I'd be fine with. Conditional 2nd if Stillman is back for his OA season

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Man, if the Gens beat the Petes tomorrow, I think it'd quite literally break their team apart. As in they'd turn into sellers. Been a really bad stretch for them lately but if they were to lose tomorrow with Wells in net and all their key guys healthy and back in the lineup (Ang will be back tomorrow), that might be the straw that broke the camels back:popcorn:

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Well I thought the generals played one of there better games of the year from the net out, still our PP & PK needs work and that will come when coach Jones is back.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Really liked the play of Di Carlo, Ennis, Allen and Blacker last night stepping up without Gross/Brewer. Gotta think Hunt had a talk with Brassard when he become a coach because he’s been so much more aggressive and that’s when he’s at his best.

I’m hoping the Stillman trade happens because I really think you can just plug Di Carlo into Stillman’s spot and you don’t lose anything

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Great weekend going into the Christmas break. Keyser looks great and adds a lot of stability to the team (2.11 GAA and .934 save % since coming back from the injury). Nice to see the team going in the right direction with Jones coming back soon, which should provide a huge boost to the team when that happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad