Post-Game Talk: Orange County Duck, Freshly Choked, Foie Gras Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I'm convinced that at least 1/4 of the SSHs are just scalpers (or people who go to 5-10 games per season).

File under FWIW...2-3 years ago when picking up some tickets at 714, I was told they owned over 500 Ducks seats. I've also seen tickets on ebay from brokers in Denver and NY.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think brokers are a large percentage.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
the main boards blow my mind. chicago is the greatest dynasty in nhl history, connor mcdavid is going to be named captain before he's even drafted, carolina is trading the 5 oa to toronto for kadri and the 24, mcdavid is going to score something like 70/90/160, the cup finals next year is going to be edmonton and toronto, the league is going to unretire 99 for toews, phil kessel is the most dynamic offensive force ever.

let's see... did i miss anything? :facepalm:

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
the main boards blow my mind. chicago is the greatest dynasty in nhl history, connor mcdavid is going to be named captain before he's even drafted, carolina is trading the 5 oa to toronto for kadri and the 24, mcdavid is going to score something like 70/90/160, the cup finals next year is going to be edmonton and toronto, the league is going to unretire 99 for toews, phil kessel is the most dynamic offensive force ever.

Ducks are the new Sharks.

mytduxfan*

At least with EDM getting McDavid, we won't get lectured by other teams on how we were only #1 in the WC because we got hundreds of points from gimme games against them.

That'll stop, right? :shakehead

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014

Haha, yep, the HF hype train is full steam ahead.

Also, Toews is better than Stevie Y. and the best center in the 'verse (Firefly reference for ya there ;)). Oh, and Kruger is the best shutdown center in the game, along with Couturier, and already >>> Kesler. :laugh:

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
File under FWIW...2-3 years ago when picking up some tickets at 714, I was told they owned over 500 Ducks seats. I've also seen tickets on ebay from brokers in Denver and NY.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think brokers are a large percentage.

That should be illegal. I know it would be hard to enforce, but even if they put writing in some sort of SSH agreement about selling limitations, it might be enough deter some people/brokers from doing that.

of course, some will argue that if those seats are paid for in some form or another, that's all that matters as it's money in the Ducks pocket.

danaluvsthekings

May 1, 2004
That should be illegal. I know it would be hard to enforce, but even if they put writing in some sort of SSH agreement about selling limitations, it might be enough deter some people/brokers from doing that.

of course, some will argue that if those seats are paid for in some form or another, that's all that matters as it's money in the Ducks pocket.

How does that ticket limitation thing work though here in CA when you have two rival teams in CA, one that is very much local? You can't limit it to OC zip codes and even if expanded a bit, as we all know there are Kings and Ducks fans in every county in Southern CA. I am a Kings fan in OC, my cousins are Ducks fans in San Diego, and Culver City. If it was limited to OC billing addresses, I would be able to buy tickets and they wouldn't.

Of course, if I was a Panthers fan living in Florida this spring I would have been tempted to buy tickets and sell them on the secondary market, especially when I saw the teams Tampa drew.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I think for Ducks/Kings playoff games, you'd have to just mostly suck it up. That's one instance where it would be near impossible to enforce due to the close proximity of the two teams. The only thing you could maybe do is try to limit opposing team apparel or something by having an agreement with an electronic signature or something when purchasing tickets. Again, not sure how effective it would be, but it's minimal effort for probably some compliance.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The Blues also made (and lost) four consecutive SCF's as a rookie expansion team. That is pretty impressive and I'd assume some sort of pro sports record?

I know that they had the record for longest current active playoff streak in any major American professional league until they went into the tank post-Pronger.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The Blues were the Sharks well before the Sharks were the Sharks.

And now the Blues are the current version of the Sharks. Or maybe not.. the Sharks could get out of the first round more often than not.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Maroon has yet to shave his beard... Can't imagine what he has living in there now.

most likely endangered birds.

hxEPrZT4ELg.jpg

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
So with the perspective of time, which team would you say played better in each game? Basically, who "deserved" to win each game?

The reason I ask is because I think a lot of us have this "we should have won in 4/5, but then they choked" impression. But now look at each game and see who actually played better? For example I think we should have won in 5 (lost game 4), but then that's only because we actually won game 5. In truth, I think game 5 was pretty even.

G1: Anaheim>>Chicago
G2: Anaheim>Chicago
G3: Anaheim>Chicago
G4: Anaheim<Chicago
G5: Anaheim=Chicago
G6: Anaheim<<Chicago
G7: Anaheim<<Chicago

So I guess by that count, the right team won the series.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
So with the perspective of time, which team would you say played better in each game? Basically, who "deserved" to win each game?

The reason I ask is because I think a lot of us have this "we should have won in 4/5, but then they choked" impression. But now look at each game and see who actually played better? For example I think we should have won in 5 (lost game 4), but then that's only because we actually won game 5. In truth, I think game 5 was pretty even.

G1: Anaheim>>Chicago
G2: Anaheim>Chicago
G3: Anaheim>Chicago
G4: Anaheim<Chicago
G5: Anaheim=Chicago
G6: Anaheim<<Chicago
G7: Anaheim<<Chicago

So I guess by that count, the right team won the series.

Seems rather spot on.....Still feel everything could be different if only anaheim won game 2...My heart broke a little there. Just felt it would come back to haunt them.

But chicago deserved it.....The winning team of a seven game series always deserve it,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad