OPPF2021 Assassinations Thread

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
In order to give us SOME chance of finishing this, I would be willing to do as much as set up threads for all match-ups, and collect Votes for the upper-half of the quarters. [Collecting Votes for the lower half would be an immense conflict-of-interest, as that's my half of the draw.]

An Eight-Team Bracket would be:

San Jose Rubber Puckies
Verdun Maple Leafs

Regina Pats
Chicago Cougars

Montreal Wanderers
Hammond Organ Grinders

Richmond RiverDogs
Edmonton Flyers
Previous ATD participants, & other "trusties" that post in the History Forum would be obvious potential survey-recipients.

Like much of the rest of the world, I'll have a pretty busy next couple of days... but by "Boxing Day," I expect to have a clear day, and I'll check in again.

Yet, with @TheDevilMadeMe not having been on-line since the start of the month, and @ResilientBeast not having posted since November, I'm simply hoping things are okay with them.

Alright. Let's wait a few days, see if TDMM and RB log in after the holidays. Without them there is no purpose to go on with this.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
There shouldn't be any voting imo. Have a committee of three guys who know their stuff and have them decide the winners? I mean I vote, but I am not armed with all the info you guys have.

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
I'm alive, just didn't have the energy or time to commit to running things after getting the RS votes collected.
Thanks for posting up. I was considering sending you a "welfare check" PM- or possibly asking a Moderation Team staffer to shoot you an e-mail. Still standing by for news on @TheDevilMadeMe , though.
I mean... this thing feels dead to me.
We've had our disagreements over the months- but you're one of the teams I thought deserved a better Regular Season fate than you received. Yeah- you have the dodgiest First D-Pairing in the League, but your Central Strength more than makes up for that. I also have twisted fantasies about compelling people to watch Jan Suchy footage while keeping their eyelids splayed open, "Ludovico-Treatment" style. Finally- now that Resilient Beast has resigned his place on the Executive Board of "Goalies-Don't-Matter-As-Much-As-You-Think," that leaves me as the ranking skeptic-- but... if we don't give Glenn Hall credit during The Regular Season, when would we EVER give him credit?!?
There shouldn't be any voting imo. Have a committee of three guys who know their stuff and have them decide the winners? I mean I vote, but I am not armed with all the info you guys have.
I'm not a great fan of adjusting the rules mid-Project... but we should consider making a bold effort to survey experienced ATD non-participants for votes. Speaking for myself, I first got interested on ATD by following along with drafts and roster-construction, then making my own judgements about how the teams compared to one another. Following along as a non-participant has been fun- but it seems that most are utterly uninvolved unless they're actually playing*. Too bad for us, I think...

*exception- I believe that, in the past, there was a trusted former-participant who would analyze rosters, under the arrangement that they'd be presented to him WITHOUT the names of the GMs. That must have been interesting. That said, I'm sure that most of us have a certain "syntax" to our team-building.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad