OOT Scoreboard 2023 playoff edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know how many years they plan to keep trotting this ''Identity line'' out there.

It's spanned several coaching staffs and probably a decade now?

With a lapse of course, for the two years Matt Martin played in Toronto.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Canes are way better than the Isles outside of the goalie. Sound familiar? LOL
If we can somehow outplay the Rangers like the way Carolina will undoubtedly outplay the Islanders, I like our chances even with the goalie disadvantage.

Although, I don't think the talent disparity between us and the Rangers is as great as the disparity between the Canes and Islanders. The Islanders really don't have the lineup of a playoff team, outside of goalie.

Terrible start for the Islanders, but this series will be close. Raanta could have taken a dump for the first 7 minutes here and there'd still be no score for the Islanders.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The Hurricanes are the worst matchup for the Islanders, anyone who didn't realize doesn't know the sport.

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
Still not sure why they are bothering playing at all. Been listening to most of the previews and the only thing that really matters is experience.

They should have just have ended the season and totaled up how many playoff games each guy has, then give the Cup to the team that has the most. Unless it’s Tampa because somehow success and playoff experience has leapt over that matchup.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Hurricanes are the worst matchup for the Islanders, anyone who didn't realize doesn't know the sport.
The Islanders have a wayyyyyyyy better goalie.

We've seen goalies win a series with this kind of talent disparity.

Right now this game is merely about the talent disparity.

Raanta has made one save, while the Canes already have 9 shots and a power play goal.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The Islanders have a wayyyyyyyy better goalie.

We've seen goalies win a series with this kind of talent disparity.

Right now this game is merely about the talent disparity.

Raanta has made one save, while the Canes already have 9 shots and a power play goal.

I get this point but at the same time we've had the better goalie on how many Devils teams only to crash and burn? The Isles can't skate with this team over the course of a long series imo. Plus the Islanders defend for quality v quantity which is the complete opposite how the Canes play offense

Maybe time for a name change?

At least they are playing Zeppelin during a stoppage in Carolina.

Thought it was really creative when I made it so I'm gonna keep it. :laugh:

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I get this point but at the same time we've had the better goalie on how many Devils teams only to crash and burn? The Isles can't skate with this team over the course of a long series imo. Plus the Islanders defend for quality v quantity which is the complete opposite how the Islanders defend

Thought it was really creative when I made it so I'm gonna keep it. :laugh:
I don't expect many to pick the Islanders, but I don't think it's that crazy either.

I don't think they're gonna be doing much on the power play though. Because guess who coaches the power play?

Recchi deserves a job coaching a power play before this guy.

Did they just say the third worst power play in the NHL? OOOOHHHHHHH it's not 32nd!

Who would hire MacLOSER to coach ANYTHING at this level? Don't say ''Ohhh but Lou'' Lou is 80 years old and should know this coach SUCKS. He had close to a decade to witness this up close.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
ESPN needs to take a page from the CBS Masters Coverage and if you're streaming online have a multi-screen option where you can see all the games at once. You could pick of the 5 camera feeds which group(s) you wanted and whether it was 2, 3, 4 or all 5 it would size them to fit on the screen and you clicked on one to get that audio feed. It's not that hard.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don't expect many to pick the Islanders, but I don't think it's that crazy either.

I don't think they're gonna be doing much on the power play though. Because guess who coaches the power play?

Recchi deserves a job coaching a power play before this guy.

Did they just say the third worst power play in the NHL? OOOOHHHHHHH it's not 32nd!

Who would hire MacLOSER to coach ANYTHING at this level? Don't say ''Ohhh but Lou'' Lou is 80 years old and should know this coach SUCKS. He had close to a decade to witness this up close.

A lot of people did because of the goalie + Canes horrendous inability to finish. The Islanders also don't have the superstars the Canes would face in a Devils/Rangers series v Carolina. Barzal has to shake off the rust quick if they want any chance of an upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad