OOT Scoreboard 2021-22 Stanley Cup playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

Nah, I think Tampa was just extremely worn out (on top of losing some good players). There's no way prime Lightning lose to this team.
They were definitely thin on scoring talent. They were a one line club offensively the deeper they went into this series. Really against the Rangers too.

The difference of talent and athleticism through the roster in Colorado’s favor was very evident in this series.

Colorado did a great job of pressuring them, disrupting them and forcing turnovers tonight. They generated so many chances that it’s incredible this was a 2 - 1 game. Colorado’s 3d period was a demo on how to win a game protecting a one goal lead.

it was a great series though. The 2 overtime losses put the Bolts in a deep hole.

Last year’s Tampa team with the Coleman line absolutely wins this series.
They’re missing a lot of other pieces too. And Point.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
They were definitely thin on scoring talent. They were a one line club offensively the deeper they went into this series. Really against the Rangers too.

The difference of talent and athleticism through the roster in Colorado’s favor was very evident in this series.

Colorado did a great job of pressuring them, disrupting them and forcing turnovers tonight. They generated so many chances that it’s incredible this was a 2 - 1 game. Colorado’s 3d period was a demo on how to win a game protecting a one goal lead.

it was a great series though. The 2 overtime losses put the Bolts in a deep hole.

They’re missing a lot of other pieces too. And Point.

Nothing you wrote is wrong, but my response was to how you can win with an offensive juggernaut team with shitty goaltending. I don't agree. Like I wrote already, Tampa was just really beat up.

One thing I do feel very good about though. Every time the devils faced more offensive teams, they seemed to always do really well and sometimes even outplay the other team. It was the physical teams they struggled with.

Camille the Eel

Nothing you wrote is wrong, but my response was to how you can win with an offensive juggernaut team with shitty goaltending. I don't agree. Like I wrote already, Tampa was just really beat up.

One thing I do feel very good about though. Every time the devils faced more offensive teams, they seemed to always do really well and sometimes even outplay the other team. It was the physical teams they struggled with.
Colorado was a lot better defensively tonight and in this series than I thought they were. Team defense, breaking up clearing attempts, clogging up center ice, creating turnovers and counter attacking. That’s how you compensate for mediocre goal tending too. Their game in this series was quite balanced.

Reactions: My3Sons

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
In fairness, he's not playing up to expectations. While Makar is blowing everyone out of the water, MacKinnon is doing his best Jonny Gaudearu impersonation while Landeskog, Nichushkin and Lehkonen does most of the heavy lifting at forward. He sure is coasting a lot of shifts for a guy that speaks as loudly as he is about winning and competing.
Looks like I jinxed it. My bad.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Worst goalie? I don't think so. Probably not nearly the worst.

Worst performance in the playoffs en route to the cup? It's VERY close.

Yea I meant more the 2nd. Kuemper was reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bad this playoffs.

Problem is that in our case, we couldn't even get "mediocre" goaltending.

we also had absolute dogshit pk for awhile and pp all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad