OOT Scoreboard 2021-22 Stanley Cup playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Watching the StL MN gane and watching the feisty play suggests to me that most big hits are borderline legal. Rarely is the player hit square or even half in the front. Way too many hits are late or have a fair amount of the numbers on the back of the jersey. Anytime the arms are extended it looks iffy. It’s a shame that the game mandates a certain amount of lousy play to avoid becoming lacrosse where teams score 15-20 goals in game.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
leafs got tampa in their pocket, IMO

tampa was physical and it got nowhere

I picked TB because I just couldn’t trust Campbell with his 2nd half. I liked their skaters more. Leafs continue to get goaltending and they’ve got this

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Tb got totally steamrolled by toronto.

My god i wish we played that kind of hockey. Saw the whole game... They were in full control for most of the game both physicallly and results wise.

I watched the Carolina game. Is Toronto finally not a soft team?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I would say that's a fair assessment.

They weren’t last year either. That’s the primary thing they addressed last year and it ended up hurting them as their primary scoring dried up and they prioritized physicality over secondary scoring

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
They weren’t last year either. That’s the primary thing they addressed last year and it ended up hurting them as their primary scoring dried up and they prioritized physicality over secondary scoring

lol, im a bit behind with that team. I just remember them being a complete joke awhile ago.
Post automatically merged:

oh wait, was it last years playoffs where Tavares had that scary injury.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I watched the Carolina game. Is Toronto finally not a soft team?

Toronto changed how they scored so they could do it in the playoffs. They worked on their cycle rather than relying on rush offense. The latter is opportunistic and a lot of those opportunities go away in the playoffs against top teams. They’re a lot less one dimensional.

Campbell wasn’t great at the end of last season and played really well in the playoffs, it was the lack of production that killed them last year. And Lyubushkin and Gio are much more helpful pick-ups.

A big question was if Vasi was burnt as he’s looked lately or if can flip a switch. Next game will say a lot about that, he usually comes back strong after losses.

It’s nice that Kase played so well. I assume someone will brain him with a cheap shot at some point but he bounced back quicker than I thought he could.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Toronto changed how they scored so they could do it in the playoffs. They worked on their cycle rather than relying on rush offense. The latter is opportunistic and a lot of those opportunities go away in the playoffs against top teams. They’re a lot less one dimensional.

Campbell wasn’t great at the end of last season and played really well in the playoffs, it was the lack of production that killed them last year. And Lyubushkin and Gio are much more helpful pick-ups.

A big question was if Vasi was burnt as he’s looked lately or if can flip a switch. Next game will say a lot about that, he usually comes back strong after losses.

It’s nice that Kase played so well. I assume someone will brain him with a cheap shot at some point but he bounced back quicker than I thought he could.

That Marner goal sure was something. One of the worst goals I’ve seen all year. That was a Devils type GA

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
E Kane is in beast mode right now.
Guy is a wrecking ball with speed and hands….
I just wish he wasn’t a Dbag and we could sign him.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Looking like we should throw some cash at Husso. That is if he survives this barrage.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I could see Toronto winning this series. They’re not gonna go 0 for in the first round forever with Matthews and then.

And I’m actually surprised Minnesota started Fleury. I really thought they were gonna go with Talbot.

I am however not surprised to see Husso in net for St. Louis. Binnington hasn’t won a single playoff game outside of the cup year. He’s 0-9 with an .875% save percentage the last two years lol.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Smith is an embarrassment of a goalie at this point. His .950% over his last 10 games of whatever was bound to come to a crashing halt and his 20-21 season was literally the flukiest thing goalie since Andrew Hammond in 2015.

This is exactly what I expected from Edmonton.

And the only thing worse than having Todd McLellan behind the bench is having his protege behind the bench.

The first goal on Smith was one I really can’t give a stoppable one, but it looked kind of bad. Like it looked like a shot I think any of us could caught with a baseball glove, but it was one timed and Smith was out of position. He just looked lazy on it too.

Mike Smith is also the opposite of Jonathan Quick. Jonathan Quick makes shots that are stoppable look like he has no chance on them because of the way he plays and how he’s also flopping and swimming.

Mike Smith has a way of making shots that he has no chance on look stoppable because of how f***ing awkward he looks and plays.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The Oilers shutting the bed AND it’s Brendan Lemieux scoring? Edmonton always knows how to make me feel better about our team. That’s their magic.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Mike Smith:

15th best save percentage this season.

7th best save percentage last season.

Minumum 20 Games Played.

Sorry bleed but hes not an embarrassment at this point as he has been in the top 25 percentile of goaltenders these last two seasons.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Lemieux goal was deflected by an EDM defenseman right through Smith’s five hole.
They said it was, I’ll check it when they finally post the video of it.

Either way, Smith on the goal line is just not working anymore.
Post automatically merged:

Mike Smith:

15th best save percentage this season.

7th best save percentage last season.

Minumum 20 Games Played.

Sorry bleed but hes not an embarrassment at this point.
He overachieved last year. I think that’s pretty obvious considering the two years before that he was atrocious. Like I said, last year was one of the flukiest things goalie since the Andrew Hammond run in 2015.

I also think he benefited from fewer games this season. I think if he played 45 games, he probably doesn’t have a .915% this year. His April was a .951%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad