Recalled/Assigned: Ondrej Pavelec recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Pavs has now great chance to make GM and coaches to look even more stupid if he succeeds. :popcorn:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Maybe you don't understand. Goalies aren't just available, we don't have NHL caliber goal tending right now, Pav, say what you want, is an NHL caliber and experienced goalie. The good news is the team recognizes there is something wrong. Pav is the only quick answer right now, save for replacing Huddy and Flaherty.

It's smart, the team responds, Pav plays okay, maybe we get in the playoffs (small chance). Worst case, same as now, bottom of the league.

What's the definition of NHL calibre? What standard are you using? Because historically he is a below average NHL goalie, which to me isn't NHL calibre after as many games as he has been given the opportunity to prove otherwise.

He's not the quick answer, he's the desperate gambler, down to his last chip at the craps table answer.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I no longer have any desire to watch the Jets. They're playing an abysmal brand of hockey, Laine isn't in the lineup, and they're going back to the career .905 goaltender they've had for the past 6 years already. This is gross.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Off topic but I had forgotten that Perrault had "thrown the goalies under a bus". Couple that with his public preseason derision of Trouba's holdout (and Perrault's less than stellar play this year) and I've got to wonder if Perrault is one of a few issues in the dressing room.

IMO, given the Jets' current goaltending woes, calling up Pavelec was the thing to do.

I agree with all of this. I hope the Jets expose Perreault in the expansion draft and that he gets selected.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Right move to make, season is hanging by a thread, Hutch is not a starting goalie in the NHL, may not be a back either. Helly is not ready, confidence is low and he needs to be sent back down.

If Pavs name was Dinky Dunsmore, we would all be pulling for him to come in and save this season for us. So just trick yourself into believing Dinky D is backstopping us.

p.s. Dinky D does not exist do not google at work.

There's no season saving for us

With how we've been playing it would be unfortunate if we didn't get a top draft pick

I think the best thing that can happen to us right now is a blow out season

With some new staff and a few trades our team should be alright immediately

We had the best line in NHL
And having little+wheeler looks like a top 6 playoff line

However they're being taught to play hockey is the probably the biggest issue

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Whoo boy. :laugh:

oNjDvcU.jpg

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The mere thought of Jets worrying about which goaltender to protect sends me down to hysterical laughter, and then sobbing, and then again to hysterical laughter through the tears.

I have a dream... a dream in which somehow Las Vegas ends up taking all of our goalies in the expansion draft and Chevy is forced to find a replacement.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I no longer have any desire to watch the Jets. They're playing an abysmal brand of hockey, Laine isn't in the lineup, and they're going back to the career .905 goaltender they've had for the past 6 years already. This is gross.

So don't then

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Yep. :D

It is a bit of a no-brainer. The tenders aren't getting things done, and Pav is sitting there. Costs the team nothing to try to catch lightning in a bottle. Personally, I don't expect much as I believe there are some systemic issues that are affecting the team, but here we are.

My thoughts on Pav are well known - I'll hold my nose and wish him the best though. I expect to see Hutch on waivers when we get some more bodies back into the line-up, as I doubt anyone will be claiming him.

Or it's just an easy thing to do with the team in a freefall.

Before I read any more of the comments here, I'll just go ahead and agree with this :laugh:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Not sure I agree with this. He just needs someone to backstop him / trade off games that can actually help keep the team afloat. Have no idea if Pav can recreate some of his silly streaks from the past, but Hutch hasn't been able to either, so...

I agree, he would fair much better with a better goalie as his tandem than what Hutch has provided, but I do believe his confidence is low.

When he interviewed last week after the Calgary win, he said he felt now that the team had his back. Not sure what that means, but to me it sounds like a goalie that feels uneasy about his place in net.

Keeping him up only gives him job security, not confidence he can play at that level. Sending him back and let him play his way into confidence.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Idiotic, amateur hour move.

Even if Pavs plays out of his mind (which for him would be like 0.915-0.920), it still won't be enough to make the playoffs. All this is doing is taking valuable starts away from Hellebuyck.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Pav actually takes a pay cut with this recall. He was exempt from escrow while in the AHL. Now he's not.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Even if Pavs plays out of his mind (which for him would be like 0.915-0.920), it still won't be enough to make the playoffs. All this is doing is taking valuable starts away from Hellebuyck.

He is struggling mightily right now, so I don't want to throw him back in until he is ready to give some quality starts. I'm more invested in his future as a potential #1 goaltender than winning games right now.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

do you hate this kid. he has no confidence playing him behind that team will ruin him for ever.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Hellebuyck has taken valuable starts from Hellebuyck.

Pavs just needs to play well enough to help the team get out of this tailspin. After that I don't care who plays goal.

And if Pavs plays like ****... the tank losers will be happy, less blame will be on Hellebuyck and we can go on starting him.

Giving our team a better chance to win it's next few games is not an idiotic move.

Maybe they don't even play him right away. Maybe we get lucky and all Helly or Hutch needs is to see Pavs in the room with them to stop playing goalie like *******.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I'll say it's not likely to happen, but it could happen based on history (two years ago). He is capable going on a run.

He did perform better during that stretch but so did the guys in front of him, it was a different show with our vets actually showing up and guys like Stempy, Fro and Tlusty in the mix, it changed everything.

With that being said, I hope he can bring some much needed relief to Helle or something. I don't know, it can't hurt? :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad