Recalled/Assigned: Ondrej Pavelec recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Desperate move by a desperate hack management/ ownership group! **** off Cheveldaydonothingof.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Yep. :D

This was the right thing to do. The team has lost confidence and is in free fall. Hutch is all but done. There is nothing to lose by bringing Pav up.

It is, but I think many posters here would rather keep two underperforming goalies to tank the season than to give Pavelec a shot to shake things up.

It's more about anti-Pavelec sentiments than to do what is right for the team in the short-term.

It is a bit of a no-brainer. The tenders aren't getting things done, and Pav is sitting there. Costs the team nothing to try to catch lightning in a bottle. Personally, I don't expect much as I believe there are some systemic issues that are affecting the team, but here we are.

My thoughts on Pav are well known - I'll hold my nose and wish him the best though. I expect to see Hutch on waivers when we get some more bodies back into the line-up, as I doubt anyone will be claiming him.

Desperate move by a desperate hack management/ ownership group! **** off Cheveldaydonothingof.

Or it's just an easy thing to do with the team in a freefall.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg

Whoo boy. :laugh:

Saw this coming...

Things are going to get very interesting 'round here...

popcorn_2.gif

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
I guess if you cycle through 3 poor-performing goalies it might confuse the general public away from pointing fingers! :sarcasm:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
When you have two goalies stinking the joint, which demoralizes the team, you have to do something. Pavelec has the capability to go on a run, which is what we need. Even if he doesn't go on a run, our young goalies need a break.

Trading for a veteran goalie right now (because you guys are so anti-Pavelec) is a ridiculous waste of organizational assets, especially when that goalie would have to be exposed in the expansion draft. It is especially wasteful in a season where snagging a wild card and a first round exit is our best outcome. It's just not worth it.

I am excited to see what Pavelec can do.

Next off-season...yeah, Jets need to solve the goalie situation and spend some money.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
Recency bias, but I saw Pavlec stop something like 42 of 43 shots against the Chicago Wolves on Sunday. My friend who was with me, a STH, said that we should bring Pavs up and how great a goalie he is. I was afraid something like this might happen, so here we are. The crazy thing is, they have tried everything else in the goalie department with the personnel that they have and it hasn't worked. Pavs will probably win the next five games. I'm okay with that. Just don't extend his contract, whatever happens.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Right move to make, season is hanging by a thread, Hutch is not a starting goalie in the NHL, may not be a back either. Helly is not ready, confidence is low and he needs to be sent back down.

If Pavs name was Dinky Dunsmore, we would all be pulling for him to come in and save this season for us. So just trick yourself into believing Dinky D is backstopping us.

p.s. Dinky D does not exist do not google at work.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Pavs will probably win the next five games. I'm okay with that. Just don't extend his contract, whatever happens.

This is where I'm at as well. Pav could go on a run - all NHL goalies can. As long as this doesn't factor into the long term goaltending decisions that have to be made, I'm OK with this.

Helly is not ready, confidence is low and he needs to be sent back down.

Not sure I agree with this. He just needs someone to backstop him / trade off games that can actually help keep the team afloat. Have no idea if Pav can recreate some of his silly streaks from the past, but Hutch hasn't been able to either, so...

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
Should have done this in November :sarcasm:

I saw that Comrie and Pavs have had fairly even minutes for the Moose. At least this might help Comrie get more starts? Although I suppose the Jets are unlikely to carry 3 goalies unless we can have all 3 of them in net at once :laugh:

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
[mod]

Member when the stats guy was telling us how Hutch is an excellent NHL backup? Terrible. The more teams saw him the more his holes were glaring. There's no room for him in the organization next year.

Byuck will be back. It's an up and down year but I expect he comes out on the other side just fine long term.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Recency bias, but I saw Pavlec stop something like 42 of 43 shots against the Chicago Wolves on Sunday. My friend who was with me, a STH, said that we should bring Pavs up and how great a goalie he is. I was afraid something like this might happen, so here we are. The crazy thing is, they have tried everything else in the goalie department with the personnel that they have and it hasn't worked. Pavs will probably win the next five games. I'm okay with that. Just don't extend his contract, whatever happens.

What if Pavelec goes on a tear and compiles a .925. Two of the past three years (thr middle one where he had a major injury) would be very good. I wouldn't discount it quite yet but that scenario obviously hinges on Pavelec playing very well with his opportunity.

I hope he does...it would drive a few of you crazy. :D

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
You kick the guy [mod] a few months ago by demoting him, now you recall to help save the team?

Wow......screams desperation.

Amateur hour.....

Just when we thought we couldn't get any worse then last year......now this. Just wow....

Last edited by a moderator:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well I understand the need to shake things up seeing how the team has lost confidence in the goaltending. Perrault threw them under a bus last week so you gotta figure things are bad in the dressing room.

Having said that Pavs certainly isn't the answer, he's had 6 seasons and done nothing but disappoint, thinking he's going to do anything to alleviate the problems in net are optimistic to say the least.

I definitely get that the expansion draft has greatly hindered the team's ability to trade for a proven vet so this really is our only realistic option.

I'm just quite frankly disappointed that it's come to this. Very disappointed that not one of our young goalies could step up and claim the spot or even just give us passable net minding.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What if Pavelec goes on a tear and compiles a .925. Two of the past three years (thr middle one where he had a major injury) would be very good. I wouldn't discount it quite yet but that scenario obviously hinges on Pavelec playing very well with his opportunity.

I hope he does...it would drive a few of you crazy. :D
I have nothing against Pavelec and i hope he stands on his head and we win all the remaining games and we make the play-offs , but going on his history it's not going to happen .

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Epic threads start with an OP. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad