Ondrej Pavelec IV: A New Paveleconian Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
^^ its a smoke screen. tnse and chevy will refuse to do any wrong with the pavelec signing. they signed a contract with a loser goaltender who was recently convicted of drinking and driving, covered it up, and then proceeded to be the worst goaltender in the league for 3 years in a row.

does chevy and tnse learn from this and try and move on? even save some money on the contract and admit they screwed up? nope. they double down and declare him the #1 next season and anchor us with this crap contract for several more years.

i think ill stay at home this year and not bother with a california trip to see this team piss away another year, or, at least wait and see if pavelec is relegated to most expensive backup in our history.

This is getting embarrassing. We are already a small market who likely tough time getting players to come here. Now we want to throw some highly suspect management into the mix for years to come. Was Mike Smith not enough for this town?

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
according to chevy he is

frustrated.gif

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
There we go.

I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. "We're a small market team so buy-outs aren't an option for us." WTH? That makes no sense. What is it about being a small market that precludes us from SAVING MONEY ON A BAD CONTRACT??? Hell, I'd argue being a small market team is a reason to buy him out...

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. "We're a small market team so buy-outs aren't an option for us." WTH? That makes no sense. What is it about being a small market that precludes us from SAVING MONEY ON A BAD CONTRACT??? Hell, I'd argue being a small market team is a reason to buy him out...

Quit being so sensible, guy.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007

That is a set-up excuse. When the decision is questioned they can spout this cliche in the hopes that the media and fans will not call them out on it. I say we need to be more confrontational and point out that Chevy's hubris is what prevents him from doing the buy-out.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Yes - he is. No word on the back-up yet though.

Hopefully someone that is happy starting between 10 and 15 games. Wouldn't want to shake Pavelec's confidence and prevent him from blossoming into the great goaltender we all know he'll become. :sarcasm:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Did anyone else notice that in this article http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=722614 from nhl.com, they described Pavelec as the best ever Thrashers/Jets pick in rounds 2-4? :shakehead

Just shows how bad the other players picked in those rounds have been. :sarcasm:

To be fair, Pavs was a good pick. If you look at his numbers in junior, why not take him. But, like all draft picks, its a gamble and it just hasn't panned out.

But, I still want to see more of this next season....
482423487_31344773-e1396580608905.jpg

Last edited:

spellchecker45

Oct 3, 2011
Just shows how bad the other players picked in those rounds have been. :sarcasm:

To be fair, Pavs was a good pick. If you look at his numbers in junior, why not take him. But, like all draft picks, its a gamble and it just hasn't panned out.

But, I still want to see more of this next season....
482423487_31344773-e1396580608905.jpg

Wow just look at his facial expression in that pic. He looks so disinterested in the game unlike the other players:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad